List of Detainees in Gitmo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's truly disturbing!:mad:

But the problem is, the same as wire tapping, patriot acts, etc people write it off as the government is just protecting us. They must have some evidence that they are terrorist...

Well it's bullshit!!! Because if they did, there would have been a trial already, at least a charge.

People have become complacent...what a fucking waste!

Hey Justin, don't you find it sad that your abortion thread takes off, but this thread about human beings (that are actually living and breathing right now) being mistreated just sort of dies away.
Gitmo just isn't as sexy as abortion.

I know what the hell is up with that. I guess the subject on weather to get rid of an unwanted child is so in and people in Gitmo is out.

but the release of prisoners might indicate that *gasp!* the Bush White House and our friend "Don" might have made a mistake or two when conducting the War on Terror!

:no:

Irvine511 said:
but the release of prisoners might indicate that *gasp!* the Bush White House and our friend "Don" might have made a mistake or two when conducting the War on Terror!

:no:

No, the president can't make a mistake, as this administration will argue, by definition, the president can't make a mistake.

blueyedpoet said:

No, the president can't make a mistake, as this administration will argue, by definition, the president can't make a mistake.

it's true. he creates reality as he goes.

blueyedpoet said:
Hey Justin, don't you find it sad that your abortion thread takes off, but this thread about human beings (that are actually living and breathing right now) being mistreated just sort of dies away.
Gitmo just isn't as sexy as abortion.

that's for sure :sexywink:

This is really disturbing. I agree with you BVS, people are letting the Administration get away with this crud because they're afraid of terrorism. I don't like this one bit. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
This is really disturbing. I agree with you BVS, people are letting the Administration get away with this crud because they're afraid of terrorism. I don't like this one bit. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I keep ranting about this to friends, family, and editors at a paper I write, and so many people brush me off. "In this post-9/11 era, things are different. Plus, these aren't criminals, these are terrorists."

This is exactly the essence of what people said when our country rounded the Japanese up and locked them in camps. Hell, this is similar to what Hitler said about the Jews. He claimed that Jews were a threat to German freedom.
Now, I'm not saying that Bush is Hitler. Certainly locking up hundreds of "terrorists" and denying them a fair trial is not equivalent to eradicating 4 million Jews; however, shouldn't the U.S hold itself to a much, much higher ideal?
If we claim to be a strong, moral leader in the world, we've got to raise the bar, instead of lowering it.
History will judge us harshly when it comes to this issue. For Christ's sake, we've locked up kids.

ILuvLarryMullen said:

that's for sure :sexywink:

We should take over this thread too and make it all about abortion and how we like it. Still on for the wedding/abortion next Tuesday?

How can we sex up Gitmo? Maybe if we had pictures of guards making the prisoners perform sexual acts...oh wait, that's just what happens in prisons in Iraq.

well i think its disgusting to lock up non us citizens for acts of terrorism overseas, such as the aussie guy who was fighting with the taliban. Erm... what is your right to do this?! And they captured him in nov 2001, its not 4 1/2 years later....WTF?!

i just think its disgusting people are being held there as terrorists for umpteen years with no trials no nothing for a crime that has nothing to do with the us....you can't arrest someone for wanting to kill you, but doing nothing about it....this aint minority report!

Back
Top Bottom