Liberals took Money from ENRON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonite

I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
EIB Net Jan 12:

Enron gave tons of money to both parties. They did favor the GOP, but so what? The unions favor donations to Democrats. The point is, you wouldn't know from the news stories that any Democrats took money from Enron, much less party leaders like Tom Daschle, Joe Lieberman, Chucky Schumer and Hillary Clinton. Even John McCain took money from Enron! Other Dems include Jeff Bingaman, Max Baucus, Mary Landrieu, John Breaux, Louisiana, Jumpin' Jim Jeffords, Christopher Dodd, Byron Dorgan, and Ernest "Foghorn Leghorn" Hollings.

Meanwhile, the two largest contributions given to House members went to Democrats: Sheila Jackson Lee and Ken Bentsen. Dick Gephardt took almost five grand in Enron cash. Enron's Democratic lobbyists include Jack Quinn, former White House counsel and top Algore advisor! Matt Drudge reminded us on his Friday page that a Clinton official met with Enron chairman, Ken Lay, and gave a $100,000 cash donation to Democrats timed to get a plant approved.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
And?

Just wanted to let everyone know, Because the Media just happens to forget to include that fact in their News Reports.. Do with it what you will, I'm just the informer.

Lemonite Unplugged
~Protecting the Justice and Integrity of Walking Mayonnaise Balls the world round

Please educate me on this matter. Major corporations always give donations to both parties. Is the issue about whether or not it was ethical for politicians to accept donations or is the whether or not it's fishy that both sides of the platform took the donations?

It's not a surprise that both parties accepted those donations. So what's the big deal?

Ah, It's because the news and the media takes such great pains to link Bush and Ashcroft to Enron as if they were plugging each others rear nightly, I'm sure you've heard all the Headlines of 'Embarrassment to Bush', or 'Bush is Embarrasses By Enron', And As they report that Bush had taken .. I think it was 800000 dollars from them for contributions.. nothing wrong there, they always seem to drop in that Ashcroft had taken some for his campaigns as well, BUT.. Fail to Mention that sooo many others had taken money, including democrats... SO, I'm jsut calling it out to all ya'll attention to practically 'discard' any headlines of 'embarrassment' to bush..

It isn't any sort of embarrassing moment.. It really has nothing to do with Bush, It's all a ploy of the Liberals to try and Make Bush look bad, and they see that this is possibly something they can sway the public's opinion because outside of Rush limbaugh, there's no real conservative voice in the media so no one will be able to call the media's proverbial 'bullsh#t.'

I hope this helps answer your question, There's a whole lot of info out there on thsi subject, and so people are oging to turn to the media to give them the skinny, and I'm just giving out a rap radio station 'shout out' to let ya'll know what is up by the liberals in the media... But again, I'm jsut informing.

I think you and William Randolph Hearst would have had a lot of fun together, Lemonite.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Back
Top Bottom