Let's see the war mongers defend THIS....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nobody shoud be surprised by this. This is not dissimilar to Vietnam. One more foreign intervention, one more ridiculous war (lacking some sort of justification), one more scenario with tons of poor young men thrust into a situation that humans are not meant for....One for government so desperate to prove the legitimacy of it's foreign intervention that it's willing to do anything, including inhumane torture, to get the answers that don't exist. Salem witch trials, part 150,000.

I don't blame the gurards/soldiers, whatever. I blame the gov't that put them there. The gov't who, having learned this lesson 50 times over, knows exactly what happens. The Bush gov't deserves to be tried in internantional court for war crimes. Sadly, they won't because they help fund the internantional court system.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Jon

Last edited:
Or perhaps if we supported removing Saddam with millitary force and then protecting the fledgling democracy from those that would seek to destroy it we must by definition actively support killing of civilians in war, torture and humiliation at Abu Ghraib and rape.

Klink said:
I don't blame the gurards/soldiers, whatever. I blame the gov't that put them there. The gov't who, having learned this lesson 50 times over, knows exactly what happens. The Bush gov't deserves to be tried in internantional court for war crimes. Sadly, they won't because they help fund the internantional court system.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Jon

Yes, Bush is to blame, as are top officials in his administration and the US Military, but the guards and soldiers are just as guilty and deserve to be blamed.

Saying you don't blame the guards/soldiers is like saying you don't blame a drunk driver for killing someone and that the responsibility lies with the bartender who served the drunk driver ... because the bartender put the driver in the situation of being drunk.

JessicaAnn said:

Yes, Bush is to blame, as are top officials in his administration and the US Military, but the guards and soldiers are just as guilty and deserve to be blamed.

Saying you don't blame the guards/soldiers is like saying you don't blame a drunk driver for killing someone and that the responsibility lies with the bartender who served the drunk driver ... because the bartender put the driver in the situation of being drunk.

I think it would be more akin to blaming society for the problems of an alcoholic or drug addict. In many cases, this is perfectly reasonable, since our societies leave so many people desperate and desolate that they don't have anything else to turn to. Hundreds of criminological studies have found this to be a tenable conclusion. The fact that crimes are so fundamentally linked to social conditions tells me that you can indeed attribute much of the responsibility for these things to those imposing those conditions. In the case of the guards and military, it's the prison conditions that exist as aresult of the post-9/11 Bush policies.

You're right that they deserve some blame, but based on much criminological research, I think the policies that put guards and prisoners in these conditions are much more to blame.

Jon

Number one. you must admit it is not as bad as sawing their heads off with a rusty sword.

Number two. 9-11, duh! don't you remember when 3000 innocent AERICANS were butchered for no reason at all.

Number three. Danny Pearl, need I go on?

I rest my case!!!!!!!

I'm not so sure us killing them is any better than them killing us. Murder is murder.

3000 Americans on 9-11 vs. 100,000 Iraqis and over 8,000,000 civilians in the last 50 years at the hands of the US gov't (forces and money).

I think we're forgetting that the whole reason 9-11 happened in the first place is because of U.S. foreign policy over the last 50 years. Terror breeds terror.

Jon

I can' t vouch for all of the units in this theater but I know at least in the area that I am in when we take detainiess we take great steps to make sure they are comfortable and well treated. I know this first hand. I can't say too much more but the media does tend to distort things from the way they actually are. From being on the ground here in Iraq I can't say I agree with all we do but it is definitly more good than bad... just my point of view

That seems to be the general consensus around the right of the blogosphere, the MSM playing up the negatives while ignoring the progress and distorting the overall picture of what is going on.

Also I don't mean to ramble on but I have never once in the time I have been in Iraq seen or heard of any units conducting themseleves in this manner. Again I can only speak for the area I am in. I won't discount it that it happened but I won't haphazardly believe everything the media puts out.

Sorry, but this story is complete rubbish. If it would have happened, the MSM would definately be reporting it. Sorry, utter rubbish.:eyebrow:

madroseka said:
Also I don't mean to ramble on but I have never once in the time I have been in Iraq seen or heard of any units conducting themseleves in this manner. Again I can only speak for the area I am in. I won't discount it that it happened but I won't haphazardly believe everything the media puts out.

Point taken.

Re: Re: Let's see the war mongers defend THIS....

deep said:

Number two. 9-11, duh! don't you remember when 3000 innocent AERICANS were butchered for no reason at all.

I remember us not getting the person directly responsible for that and going to Iraq instead.

Klink said:
I'm not so sure us killing them is any better than them killing us. Murder is murder.

3000 Americans on 9-11 vs. 100,000 Iraqis and over 8,000,000 civilians in the last 50 years at the hands of the US gov't (forces and money).

I think we're forgetting that the whole reason 9-11 happened in the first place is because of U.S. foreign policy over the last 50 years. Terror breeds terror.

Jon

I guess we just bring the worst out of everyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom