Let's get the betting started.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neutral said:
okay what did I miss. :confused:

:lol:

'Deep Throat Close to Death'

By Victoria Ward, PA in New York

The notorious Deep Throat source who helped bring down US President Richard Nixon is close to death, it was claimed today.

The identity of the Watergate source has remained a mystery for almost 30 years, fuelling speculation and rumour, the latest even suggesting it was former president George Bush Snr.

But former White House counsel John Dean’s allegations suggest otherwise.

According to Dean, Bob Woodward, the Washington Post reporter to whom Deep Throat leaked information, has told the newspaper editor his source is ill.

“We’ll all know one day very soon,” he writes in the Los Angeles Times.

“Ben Bradlee, former executive editor of the Post and one of the few people to whom Woodward confided his source’s identity, has publicly acknowledged that he has written Throat’s obituary.”

If and when the posthumous profile reveals the elusive name it could put paid to another claim – that the man who brought down one president was actually another.

Watergate researcher Adrian Havill claims on a journalism website that it was Bush Snr who was responsible for the biggest scandal in US political history.

Havill, who has previously claimed Deep Throat was a composite of several sources, says new information now persuades him otherwise.

He writes that he began to suspect Bush when his son, who dislikes the press, gave Woodward seven hours of interviews.

Bush Snr was UN ambassador in New York between 1971 and 1973 but visited Washington almost every weekend, he notes. Seven of the eight Deep Throat meetings took place at weekends.

Havill also claims Bush had sufficient motivation. “It was Nixon who urged Bush to leave a safe seat in Congress, hinting there would be a position as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury waiting for him if he failed to win a Senate seat,” he writes on www.poynter.org .

But when Bush lost, Nixon instead gave him the “thankless task” of heading the Republican National Committee.

Havill alleges that the Deep Throat relationship is why Woodward has inside access to his son, the current President.

A spokesman for George Bush snr was unavailable for comment.

He said he's traveling to Asia w/ President Clinton, so he can't be ill

I love all that conspiracy theory stuff, good times

If Bush Sr was Deep Throat, what does that make W? :hmm:

Deep Cranium? :D

you know how he likes to give nick names

i think he is self titled

did he not say something about "Major leauge ??????"

While I do believe 90% that GHWB was involved in some manner with the Kennedy assasination.................

I do not believe he was deep throat........I am betting he knew who Deep throat was.......

But one person Nixon is on tape as trusting...is GHWB.

Interesting....Gerald Ford, who acted as a mole during the Kennedy Assasination for the FBI on the Warren Commission.....the only man to become President without being elected.....is ill.

Last edited:
That's true. Gerald Ford has not been well lately. I don't know if he is on his death bed, though.

It would be fascinating, though, if it were him all along.

Melon

Nixon to John Erlichman: "Eliminate everyone, except George Bush. Bush will do anything for our cause."

The Rennie Rumor does not add up.....

He was in the Supreme Court in 1971....

Watergate break-in happened in June 1972.

I do not think he is Deep throat based on this. Plus Nixon appointed him to the Supreme Court and John Dean was one of his champions to get him there as well. I am not sure our SC Justice was close enough to the event in the White House to have been that involved.

But it is an interesting theory.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I think this is way more dramatic than reality. Fact is that every news organization has obituaries written already. If this is based on the fact that the obit is written, we're going to be waiting a long time. I would bet that the AP has obits written for every U.S. president -- including Clinton -- as well as other notable figures. The Pope, Castro, etc. For example, when Arafat died, an obit was probably sent out within two minutes of the announcement. There was also a case last year of a famous person's obit that ran in the NY Times that was written by a guy who was dead at the time. He probably wrote it years earlier.

As for being ill, that news is coming third hand from John Dean. Who knows if that guy is telling the truth or how he knows Woodward told this to his editors.

Dreadsox said:
Interesting....Gerald Ford, who acted as a mole during the Kennedy Assasination for the FBI on the Warren Commission.....the only man to become President without being elected.....is ill.

I know you've extensively researched JFK, I'd love to hear your theory. PM me if you have time.

Gerald Ford would be very interesting. Not quite the clutzy dunce seen on tv eh?

Which theory? Hehe...the Kennedy Assasination or Ford's role in helping the FBI prevent testimony?

Back
Top Bottom