Lest We Forget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
"They shall not grow old,
As we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them,
Nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning,
We will remember them.
Lest we forget."

nzpoppy.gif

You folks are all wondering what this thread has to do with anything, right?

Someone reply and Ill explain
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 04-24-2002).]

I think I know...

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

ANZAC day is a rememberance day for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps soldiers who landed on the Gallipoli Peninsula on April 25, 1914 in WW1.

On the 25th of April 1915, ANZAC troops (Australia New Zealand army corps) landed at Ari Birnu or Anzac Cove on the Gallipoli peninsula, the 1st action Australian and New Zealand troops saw in world war 1. The Campaign was a series of blunders and heavy casualties, but the Anzacs earned a great reputation for their courage, ingenuity and skill as soldiers. Every year since that 1st landing, its anniversary has seen a day of remembrance In Australia and around the world for Anzac troops who served and those who were killed/injured in all wars before and since that landing...dawn services and veteran's marches are held around the country, while many Aussies make a pilgrimage to Gallipoli to view the site of the campaign...

Well....I KNEW it had something to do with WW1 and Australia!
wink.gif

Interesting topic...

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom