length of campaigns--??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Does anyone else think that the election season is too darn long? I mean, do we really need two-year-long presidential campaigns? Do you get so tired of politics that you're ready to scream by the time Election Day comes? I know I do! If you agree, what can we do to shorten the season? And if you do like two year campaigns, why? I'm curious and I'm not a cat. :lol: :lol:

I do not like them. But, it is about raising money. Have to start sometime.

That is my take anyways.

Peace

You're right, Dreadsox. Damn. Campaign finances are a whole other can of worms which I don't care to touch. I think all of this stuff is really bad for the country because it turns voters off and too many people stay away from the polls. I hate it that people don't vote--I don't care who people vote for they should vote.

the election isn't for another two years! bush has barely made it past the halfway point of his presidency. between these election announcement and stupid polls, I've about had it with any political coverage. I know what my position is on issues and I'll find my ideal candidate in July 2004 during the conventions.

can one of you international folks enlighten me? If I recall correctly, in the UK the prime minister can declare an election anytime during his/her five-year tenure, then everyone packs up, closes their offices for a month and that's it. A month-long campaign. Done.

There is going to have to be regulation on the amount that is spended on a political campaign as well. It is obscene that upwards of $100 million or more are spent on some campaigns. So much for that fantasy of anyone being able to run for office. :|

Melon

melon said:
There is going to have to be regulation on the amount that is spended on a political campaign as well. It is obscene that upwards of $100 million or more are spent on some campaigns. So much for that fantasy of anyone being able to run for office. :|

Melon

I agree. I'm tired of big money, big mud-slinging campaigns. My state's gubernatorial campaign was disgustingly muddy. U2Bama and I are from the same state (Alabama) so he might chime in here with his sentiments on the campaign. Do you think McCain-Feingold is what the doctor ordered for this mess? It became law right after the election. To me that was sort of like a great fireworks display on the Fifth of July.

Back
Top Bottom