leave bono alone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
:rant: :angry: :mad:

it's making me mad that every time i turn on the news they talk about the fcc and censorship and the only person they show is bono. just because he said one bad word at an awards show YEARS ago. why not talk about all the good things he's done? why not mention all the songs by other artists who have to be censored to even be played on the radio? why not mention the other musicians who have said just as bad words as bono or worse? why not censor madona kissing britney spears? what if parents who see bono on the news every nite for saying one bad word might not let their kids listen to u2 because they might think they're a bad influence.

[/end rant]

I agree. This is pissing me off big time. Some people live and die off of cutting other people down. They've got to point out everyone's negative traits, to hell with their good ones. I think the people who are after him because he said "fuck" in public are like this. What about all the good things he's done that these bad-mouthers haven't done? What have these people done besides cut down Bono and God knows who else? I even had a nightmare about this last night. I was having a fight with the FCC guys and ended up throwing a television set at them, telling them they can have their sorry idiotic programming. Grrr..........:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

nbcrusader said:
Maybe he should be forced to do some community service - like a concert in my back yard.

:lol: I would crash that backyard BBQ with Bono.

ABEL said:
just because he said one bad word at an awards show YEARS ago. why not talk about all the good things he's done?

Welcome to the Republican Party. I hope you've enjoyed your stay.

Melon

Last edited:
IN case you didn't know, he said it again in 2003 ;) :lol: But I still don't give a fuck :shrug:

It's weird that more shit has made of his 2003 "really fucking brilliant" than his 1994 "fuck up the mainstream" :laugh:

edit- as I write this, my local news is advertising a story on their 11 o'clock show that the FCC is thinking of RELAXING their standards and allowing some cuss words, maybe even fuck, without a bleep! Have they changed their minds already?? Tune in at 11!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
IN case you didn't know, he said it again in 2003 ;) :lol: But I still don't give a fuck :shrug:

It's weird that more shit has made of his 2003 "really fucking brilliant" than his 1994 "fuck up the mainstream" :laugh:

edit- as I write this, my local news is advertising a story on their 11 o'clock show that the FCC is thinking of RELAXING their standards and allowing some cuss words, maybe even fuck, without a bleep! Have they changed their minds already?? Tune in at 11!

I wish they'd drop the whole thing. This is ridiculous. Stop the madness!:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
I agree. This is pissing me off big time. Some people live and die off of cutting other people down. They've got to point out everyone's negative traits, to hell with their good ones. I think the people who are after him because he said "fuck" in public are like this. What about all the good things he's done that these bad-mouthers haven't done? What have these people done besides cut down Bono and God knows who else?

Exactly right on everything.

Seriously, I swear to god, these people who are upset with him over this have absolutely no lives whatsoever. It happened a year ago, and it's time to just let it go. That word can only offend people if they let it offend them.

Originally posted by verte76
I even had a nightmare about this last night. I was having a fight with the FCC guys and ended up throwing a television set at them, telling them they can have their sorry idiotic programming. Grrr..........:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

LOL, woo, go, verte! :up: :D.

If only that wasn't a dream...

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Exactly right on everything.

Seriously, I swear to god, these people who are upset with him over this have absolutely no lives whatsoever. It happened a year ago, and it's time to just let it go. That word can only offend people if they let it offend them.
Angela

Absolutely. These kind of people--and I've met too damn many of them myself--don't have lives and can't stand people who do. They tend to be very self-absorbed. They drive me up a wall. I avoid them like the plague.

i sort of get sick of hearing about it too...although i do think it was a mistake for him to say it.
Backyard concert sounds like a good idea.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom