Last Words (Kinda).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by zonelistener:
In other words- get off of Lilly's and POPAngel's ass. [/B]

Geezus.. Again my friend, you've missed my point, I was using Lilly as a reference.. Nothing more there.. And I was stating the exact same thing about Popangel that someone in this exact same thread I think posted about Diamond by Angela Harlem.. Except for the fact that Diamond is much more a contributor to this forum.. aka less of a troll.. Just citing with a 'well said' or what not.. If you're going to drop that shit on me, at least keep yourself to honorable standards and credibility and do it to everyone guilty of that sin.. I'll be awaiting a following post chastising the other guilty party.

Or is this just more of this vendetta that you like to find anything I write and have to insult my intelligence.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-23-2002).]

This thread, from it's initial post to all the ugliness after it, is exactly why I usually stay out of Free Your Mind.

And since when did Bubba become The Voice Of All Conservatives? Cause that's definitely what it seems like. You disagree with Bubba and suddenly you can't possibly be conservative, you must be liberal.
confused.gif

Quite frankly, the application of such black and white borders (and the people who strictly apply them) between political fronts is frightening to me. All this "the other side is WRONG," or "we are RIGHT" being thrown around by both sides is really annoying, not to mention disheartening. It's sad to know that some people honestly believe that conservatives are inherently dangerous and out to control our lives, or liberals are all just tree-hugging yuppies who just want everyone to be happy regardless of the consequences.

We're not all that different, people.

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 03-24-2002).]

Lemonite, here's a whole lemon tree for ya babe.
I dont think anyone is a troll here, not Lilly, not Popgirlie, and not Mr Diamond. I was simply stating that I'd like to see more of Mr Diamond's thoughts, rather than replies to the negative on the issues discussed. But he replied that he is a busy man.

We all know a lack of regular contribution does not mean an ignorance of what's going on.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Lemonite, here's a whole lemon tree for ya babe.
I dont think anyone is a troll here, not Lilly, not Popgirlie, and not Mr Diamond. I was simply stating that I'd like to see more of Mr Diamond's thoughts, rather than replies to the negative on the issues discussed. But he replied that he is a busy man.

We all know a lack of regular contribution does not mean an ignorance of what's going on.

I was just using you as an example to zone.. and I wasn't calling Lilly a troll I don't know why you included her.. that's all.. no 'direct or indirect attacks', Just calling zone out.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-24-2002).]

You know this whole forum is going to hell. The reason i started posting in this forum is because the debate was good the people were nice and things didnt go on for months on end.

Bubba, go away. You became very deluded in recent months. Melon, shut up. No when to just walk away. 80's. Well i think everyone should take a look at him. He has always been a great debater and very respectable. Me and him have disagreed many times but have become friends because of it.

Has anyone ever heard for respecting others opinions? Well lets all start doing that.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Just a reminder of what you have said...
Originally posted by Lemonite:
however I find it more than funny that PopAngel Chimes in with her own version of Lilly's 'I'll call you a dumb F#ck, but Technically I won't'... More on the fact that she contributes nothing to this forum other than being a once a fortnight Cheerleader with the Infamous Thumbs Up Icon. Me I prefer the Adam One.

L.Unplugged

The response to me....

...I was using Lilly as a reference.. Nothing more there.. And I was stating the exact same thing about Popangel that someone in this exact same thread I think posted about Diamond by Angela Harlem.. Except for the fact that Diamond is much more a contributor to this forum.. aka less of a troll.. Just citing with a 'well said' or what not...
[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-23-2002).]
And you response to Angie...
I was just using you as an example to zone.. and I wasn't calling Lilly a troll I don't know why you included her.. that's all.. no 'direct or indirect attacks', Just calling zone out.

L.Unplugged

You obviously do not get it CL! Has Lilly posted in this thread calling someone a dumb fuck? DO NOT use Lilly as an example anymore - especially in alternate threads. Drop that point. NOW! You are using her as an example, and for what reason I don't know. Can you explain why you have to pull this reference out in this thread?

I know Lilly personally, and she is a very intelligent and witty young lady with a great sarcastic sense of humor.

Next up, the defense of LarryMullen's POPAngel: Yet another person I have met and speak to quite a bit. You are calling her a troll - DO NOT DENY THAT - it is stated above - and quite clearly. Do not go and try to edit it that out.

I believe the reason she does not post in this FYM is because of people like YOU. She simply stated her opinion - which happened to be previously stated by someone else. No need to repost the same thing, right? And what do you do? Call her posts of an Internet icon. I'm sorry if you think the FYM is an exclusive forum where people cannot come and agree with someone in one thread. Again, people don't come in her because of that reason - your crappy attitude to posters. But I will stand up to your crap, and hopefully make you smell what your stepping in.

I'm off to bake you a pie....

Wow some really smart person wrote that!

Seriously, I know that people some times want to clarify points that a reader may have missed the 1st time round and thats cool. I know that anger and frustration can also get in the way when we reply.
I'm sorry I mentioned other users in my reply earlier, its something we prolly shouldn't do.
But lets all be nice ok? Half the reason we all post here is to get a different opinion.

*makes you all a plate of my whizbang special flour free pancakes*

You obviously do not get it CL! Has Lilly posted in this thread calling someone a dumb fuck? DO NOT use Lilly as an example anymore - especially in alternate threads. Drop that point. NOW! You are using her as an example, and for what reason I don't know. Can you explain why you have to pull this reference out in this thread?

I know Lilly personally, and she is a very intelligent and witty young lady with a great sarcastic sense of humor.

Next up, the defense of LarryMullen's POPAngel: Yet another person I have met and speak to quite a bit. You are calling her a troll - DO NOT DENY THAT - it is stated above - and quite clearly. Do not go and try to edit it that out.

I believe the reason she does not post in this FYM is because of people like YOU. She simply stated her opinion - which happened to be previously stated by someone else. No need to repost the same thing, right? And what do you do? Call her posts of an Internet icon. I'm sorry if you think the FYM is an exclusive forum where people cannot come and agree with someone in one thread. Again, people don't come in her because of that reason - your crappy attitude to posters. But I will stand up to your crap, and hopefully make you smell what your stepping in.

I'm off to bake you a pie....

Hahaha.. Kid, I hope you are getting some sort of satisfaction out of this,

Anyways, I've stated this above, in posts.. I referenced Both PopAngel's and Lilly's Posts as examples of Similar situations to the one Diamond the U2 Patriot was Lambasted for.. That's all.. How you think it's inappropriate to reference out of posts is absurd, It's done frequently here. I was just saying that Diamond's Lambastation was not necessary due to the precedents of Lilly's and Popangel's posts in the same vain receiving no 'criticism'. I was not insulting anyone, just using them as reference.

Hahaha.. Again, you quote me to try and 'Dare' me to deny something?.. Uh.. Ok... Calling popangel a 'troll' only refers to the fact that the majority of times I see her come here and post it's some sort of post that is 'Well Said', or 'That's the Best Thing I've Read All Day', Not posts that delve into the issues.. Almost just resembling a 'cheerleader'.. Warranted... Troll seems to carry a negative connotation, but I was just calling it as I see it.

You say that Popangel simply stated an opinion that someone else wrote and therefore did not need to write it all over again.. Well.. Like I've written above, Diamond did the exact same thing, but when Diamond did it, it was received with a 'Stop Shoving your Head Up Bubba's Ass and Come in With Your Own Quotes'.. Again, just pointing out the contradiction.

I think you're lost on this one, You are missing the point, you're taking what I've written as insults than just a call for equality on someone's 'Shit' They dropped without real necessity.. Or even if it was warranted, I don't see the same thing happening to other posts of the same Vain.

Also, You are referencing the fact that you have 'met' these people in real life. Uh... again, That has nothing to do with anything, This isn't real life.. I think Holy John got it best a while back in a thread when he was talking about why he doesn't always come in here cuz 'Real Life' Doesn't happen in here.. Don't bring it in where it has no application.. Someone's character has nothing to do with posts.. Sarcastic sense of humor or not... Beautiful Singing voice or not..

You sound as if you're feeling like a 'BadAss' for 'standing up to me'.. Apparently you think all posts are serious and have no room for sarcasm or non-serious ripping.. Well.. Kudos to you, I hope it makes you happy as you devote a large amount of time to it and only it.

Love,
L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-25-2002).]

Melon, sorry i did not mean this as a attack. More of a friend telling a friend when to shut up. i agree with most of your views and i think you do debate in good fashion. I just meant you know how to push buttons and are so good at it. Sometimes the best thing is to just walk away.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by bonoman:
Melon, shut up. No when to just walk away.

Spoken like a true mediator.
rolleyes.gif
It's comments like this that I cannot walk away from. This forum has become little more than a place for personal attacks and fanaticism, with little to do with actual debate.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by bonoman:
Melon, sorry i did not mean this as a attack. More of a friend telling a friend when to shut up. i agree with most of your views and i think you do debate in good fashion. I just meant you know how to push buttons and are so good at it. Sometimes the best thing is to just walk away.

Ah...I understand. Sorry if I went off a bit on you. But you're right, really, and I've decided to back off on this forum a bit, concentrating more on my art and writing. I'm happily reinspired to do both, and likely more productive than ranting to an internet forum.
smile.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:
I've decided to back off on this forum a bit, concentrating more on my art and writing. I'm happily reinspired to do both, and likely more productive than ranting to an internet forum.
smile.gif

Again?
wink.gif

Please try to stick to it this time.
I know you'll be happier.

And Lemonite, I dont see anything wrong with someone *thumbs -uping* a post that they agree with.. (cant remember who said that) in some situations... why take the time to write out the same response if you agree with everything the person said?

* leaves quietly

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 03-25-2002).]

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Again?
wink.gif

And Lemonite, I dont see anything wrong with someone *thumbs -uping* a post that they agree with.. (cant remember who said that) in some situations... why take the time to write out the same response if you agree with everything the person said?

*SigH*... Sicy.. Where are you coming from?.. You are missing the point, or purposefully redirecting it.. I myself was not trying to say that you 'can't' post a thumbs up icon.. Geezus.. that sounds absurd.. I've done posts in that vain before.. All I was saying is that when Diamond did it.. Diamond was Jumped on and Deboweled by Angela Harlem.. Sooo... I Just asked the Question.. 'Why Not, Angela.. Write the exact same thing about Popangel'.. I wasn't insulting her at all, I was just asking why the double standard?.. she did the exact same thing as Diamond.. That's all.. Please don't assume my position, or lecture me on something that is in a wayward direction from what I am saying. This is ridiculous that it takes so much to make such a small yet Obviously double standardish Point.

L.Unplugged

*SigH*... Sicy.. Where are you coming from?.. You are missing the point, or purposefully redirecting it.. I myself was not trying to say that you 'can't' post a thumbs up icon.. Geezus.. that sounds absurd.. I've done posts in that vain before.. All I was saying is that when Diamond did it.. Diamond was Jumped on and Deboweled by Angela Harlem.. Sooo... I Just asked the Question.. 'Why Not, Angela.. Write the exact same thing about Popangel'.. I wasn't insulting her at all, I was just asking why the double standard?.. she did the exact same thing as Diamond.. That's all.. Please don't assume my position, or lecture me on something that is in a wayward direction from what I am saying. This is ridiculous that it takes so much to make such a small yet Obviously double standardish Point.

L.Unplugged

Double standard point?

Do us all a favor...go back and look at when you jumped on LMPA saying that she is only being a cheerleader and posting something like a thumbs-up and a statement "Like Lilly" as you put it.....then find where Angela Harlem's post is! Hmmm, looks like your post was a blantant slap in the face of LMPA (and Lilly) for coming in here and posting and agreeing with someone's comments. Angie posted after you - so you couldn't have decided "Well Angela called Diamond on it, so I am going to take the 'right' side and call PopAngel on it." I am not saying it was right for Angie to do it - just that your weasel-like attempt to dig yourself out doesn't hold up. You made a really ass-like post, and now you are trying to defend yourself by saying "well she did it too - why aren't you yelling at her." Grow up.

I am really suprised you didn't call Sicy a troll!

I am not saying it was right for Angie to do it -

I am really suprised you didn't call Sicy a troll!

Ahhh!!! YES!! Exactly! Finally some measure of 'equality' in this. Thank you Zone.

Thank you for giving me your judgement on various topics of 'trolls'.. Hahaha.. I take it to heart my friend.

Again, I'm just wondering what kind of satisfaction you try and gain by 'hunting' me down as you so have put it before?.. Obviously you are trying to groom 'Lemonite' for the real world, Well, When I see a man named 'Zonelistener', or a girl named 'Bono's Pet Frog' as signed on a lease, I will give you a call, as I will owe all of my life's wisdom as 'Lemonite' to you.

I do not understand how you relate an anonymous purely 'type written' character handle to a real breathing individual as you seem to directly be attacking me.. But I will pass that wiseom along to 'Ike the Genius' and 'Dave Put the Lotion in the basket Sheeny' when I see them.

L.Unplugged

Wow, is this ending? hehe.

Before it does, sorry Diamond dude, for singling you out, I was harsh, but really meant I just wanna hear what you think sometimes. And Z edgy and 80's sorry for getting your backs up about all this. And yes Sicy girl it was me! I think we can gather from Lemonite and Zoner's debate, the best thing to do when including someone in your argument, is to address them sepcifically.
We should save all this clever writing for a real debate! (like I can talk, being an instigator in all this, but ...
frown.gif
)

Wow, is this ending? hehe.

Before it does, sorry Diamond dude, for singling you out, I was harsh, but really meant I just wanna hear what you think sometimes. And Z edgy and 80's sorry for getting your backs up about all this. And yes Sicy girl it was me! I think we can gather from Lemonite and Zoner's debate, the best thing to do when including someone in your argument, is to address them sepcifically.
We should save all this clever writing for a real debate! (like I can talk, being an instigator in all this, but ...
frown.gif
)

Hahah.. Well said, I was beginning to feel the same thing... (I would put a thumbs up icon.. but it's always adam for me..)... Hahaha...

L.Unplugged

I do not understand how you relate an anonymous purely 'type written' character handle to a real breathing individual as you seem to directly be attacking me.. But I will pass that wiseom along to 'Ike the Genius' and 'Dave Put the Lotion in the basket Sheeny' when I see them.

L.Unplugged

So, are you saying you are not a real human? Are you asking if I am a real human? Or do you see this as a place where everyone around you is not real - that they are computer-generated IDs that spit out responses to your posts.

Or, is this computer idea what you are creating at Notre Dame that is going to keep you out of a cubicle?

I'm not following your logic here...zonelistener might be a nick I use for this board, but there is a real life human behind the nick, as well as for Lilly, Fizzing, Sicy and PopAngel, Sula and Diamond. Maybe if you had the opportunity to actually put a face and real name to some of the "anonymous" posters - you would feel differently. I stand behind what I post here, knowing all well that many others know that there is a human behind the posts.

I wanted to post this....Icelady wrote this in Zoo Confessionals and I thought it was great. Mind you, I am guilty of this at times too - but she has a great argument.

Originally posted by icelady:
For some people who can ignore all the bad for the good that's great. For those who can overlook everything that's great.

But I hear so much about this whole "it is not real". It?s just a forum. Get a life. And the list goes on. But you tend to forget that no matter whether it?s the internet or not, no matter whether you know these people or not, not matter how real or not real it is, pointed words still hurt. It doesn?t feel good with people you know and it doesn?t feel good on the internet either. Maybe it's just because I'm older and have children - who knows.

When I come to these places, although I may not agree with what a person say or thinks, I have enough sense to realize that it doesn?t matter what I think or what they think.

But it does matter how you treat people. Just because it?s the internet and it?s just a forum/I don't know these people doesn?t give anyone the right to disrespect people and to be hurtful.

I?m sorry but sometimes I get angry when people belittle the fact that it shouldn?t hurt your feelings or whatever.

Everyone should just be a little nicer and a little more considerate and a little more respectful of each other.

Sorry didn?t mean to gripe but I?ve said my piece...

I was using Lilly as a reference

You were using me alright.

Don't you EVER use me like that again! EVER!

.....you are lucky I was out of town for this....

i'm just joining the debate, but all i'd like to say is that i agree with what zonelistener quotes icelady as saying (lol - isn't that a mouthful?) about the internet life vs. the real life.

the net is a weird thing, because there's real people involved but it's all done anonymously, and it can be hard to tell sometimes what a person's emotions or whatever is behind what they're saying.

so much of the debate and arguing that happens here is done with little consideration for the person or people disagreeing with you. (that's a general you, btw. i'm not pointing fingers or anything.) far too often (and i've been guilty of this too) i've seen offensive comments made in various forums and chats (not just here) and it does kinda suck.

unfortunately, the advantage a chat has where it's more of a real-time place to talk, as well as a forum (somewhat at least), is a double-edged sword. it gives the opportunity for a debate to spark and for some very horrible comments to be made. had there been more time to reply to them (like with e-mail), the debate could've gone smoother.

just my opinion.

------------------
in august moon's surrender to a dust cloud on the rise...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Originally posted by Lilly:
You were using me alright.

Don't you EVER use me like that again! EVER!

.....you are lucky I was out of town for this....

Hahaha.. I was 'Lucky'??? Oh Deary Me.. (Ducks the flying Tube Top).. Still... Just a reference, you publish yourself on a 'webforum' I don't quite think you're free from any reference.. Unless you were just trying to play tough?.. Nice... Your sense of Humor is appreciated.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-30-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom