Kyoto protest beaten back by inflamed petrol traders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a difference between being correct and being justified.

They go about as thugs and they got the response that thugs get.

Last edited:
Well, now I think you're contradicting yourself.

Let's not be naive. Mate, my country was FOUNDED on violence.
Many free nations have to resort to violence to win their freedom.

So if you are now agreeing that global warming is real, and that it is at least partially human generated, I find it difficult to accept that you would condemn these Greenpeace protestors.

If you support the US do you have to support it's wars?

If you support Christianity do you have to support anti-abortion protestors?

If you support a Palestinian state do you have to support terrorism?

Can you be for the environment without opposing humanity?

I am not making an issue out of global warming but I am making an issue out of these thugs who break into a place of business to obstruct these traders right to earn a wage. Actions like these are not one of noble struggle for self-determination, they are forceful actions that do not achieve anything, do not contribute to their cause, do not sway opinion over to their side ~ I do not think that these people will be remembered as champions for the environment because they simply don't stand for anything only against, they stand against capitalism - while engaging in it, they stand against fossil fuels - while driving cars, using plastics and wearing clothes that require fossil fuels in fabrication etc.

Furthurmore I do not support greenpeace ~ as an organisation it's opposition to the beneficial technology of both GM Crops and Nuclear Energy are illogical, they are both technologies that solve the problems that tehy are against ~ I support more scientific investigation and oppose brownshirt tactics by the environmentalist movement against innocent workers.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Oh, boo hoo hoo. Poor little traders, I guess they should go home to their mommies and daddies.

Are you really a finance guy?

What is your evaluation of the psychological makeup of the typical trader?

Why the fuck do we think we have the right to polute the world anyway. I am not a scientist numberfucker but 6 bilion people doing nothing but, burning energy, poluting everything and consuming like rats are enough reason for me to believe we play a big role in causing global warming.

Investigate exactly is almost the same as looking someone dying and ask why he is dead. Is it so stupid to think, better save than sorrow ?

Well then perhaps we should just exterminate humanity until we reach a sustainable level.

The second question that I ask is how does Kyoto make anything better? What results are yielded and are those results worth the cost? is there a better way to go about curbing carbon emissions?

Surely this is not a race against the bloody clock ~ there is time to spend learning exactly what is going on and developing feesable ways of adressing it ~ if we can adress it. These decisions cost billions of dollars and have effects on many peoples lives (actions that curb emissions such as levies on fuel will lead to unemployment and economic problems ~ the law of unitended concequences).

Last edited:
Rono said:
Why the fuck do we think we have the right to polute the world anyway. I am not a scientist numberfucker but 6 bilion people doing nothing but, burning energy, poluting everything and consuming like rats are enough reason for me to believe we play a big role in causing global warming.

Humanity has been doing it since day 1.

no it doesnt make it ok.

it makes it legal.

people who had the power are exactly the same ones who made the laws we are living by, and these law do not always champion what's right.

'the laws were made for us, the businessmen, by ones of our own kind, to protect their own interests, and therefore ours'

Emre Yılmaz, Genc Bir İsadamına (To A Young Businessman)

unfortunately. greed is an incredible thing. passion for money, is probably the worst of its kind. but hey, it makes the world go around. i dont think these guys, the traders and their kind, can be beaten unless you decide to play their game.

i hope one day i will be rich enough to screw these guys over cause, being the brutes they are, they are truly despicable. if that means ill have to sell my soul and be one of them, so be it :wink:

greenpeace needs to find a better way of portraying and publicizing their ideals.

every time i see or read about them they're making absolute idiots of themselves.

same with peta.

a little moderation, maybe?

if organizations like greenpeace or peta didnt pull the publicity stunts they occasionally do, theyd never get a chance to get their opinions heard in today's media. just something to think about :huh:

all_i_want said:
if organizations like greenpeace or peta didnt pull the publicity stunts they occasionally do, theyd never get a chance to get their opinions heard in today's media. just something to think about :huh:

Kim Basinger posing nude is a publicity stunt.

People disrupting a place of business is trespassing.

Back
Top Bottom