Kuwaitis call for boycott of Danish goods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Justin24 said:

I have no respect for those fuckers carrying the sign. A_Wanderer how can I put that "I support Denmark" Icon?

does anyone have pictures of Cartoons The Arab news paper put out where they make fun of the Jews?
Have to be a full member im afraid, for cartoons check out the ADL (Anti-Defamation League) or MEMRI (Middle East Media Research Institute).

A_Wanderer said:
God hates Fags has nowhere near the clout of Hizb-ut Tahir or other militant Islamic groups.

and thank goodness for that.

but the point remains: calling for a 9-11 in europe is about as muslim as saying god hates fags is christian.

Well other depictions of varying offence are included here link

I really like this one

101_1a476bddd4610776.jpg

link

A_Wanderer said:

that's fucking hilarious...they're so offended that a private newspaper could be allowed to slur their religion, yet they're enjoying freedom of expression and police protection in an assumedly Western country where Islam is a minority religion, as they march around with *death threats* against anyone who degrades their religion.

on a side note I do think that the whole debate over the flag-burning stuff in the US is in a sense almost as ridiculous, seeing as Islam is as much a part of their national identity as the flag is to us (probably even more).

But does the existence of a majority of people that don't want to outright kill people negate the existence of groups openly proclaiming this?

We shouldn't generalise and I am not generalising - I have linked to groups that explicity demand this and shown protests that are advocating this (in England). These groups follow an ideology - not all of them are wahhabist - and they pop up all over the world; Palestine to Kashmir, London to Sydney.

No, one shouldn't generalize. But these people don't represent most Muslim people. Yes, some Muslims support these people and there are nutjobs all over. Wahhabists are in this country and they want holy war against the West. I'm just trying to be fair. When I go to Turkey this spring, I'll be among Muslims and I'm sure most of them will be very nice or I wouldn't be going.

protest_muslims_intolerant_clip_mrez.jpg

Not one of the placards i've seen says:

Don't Read Jyllands-Posten

or

Shame on Jyllands-Posten

or

Boycott Advertisers in Jyllands-Posten

I could understand their anger ALOT more if this was their message. But it's set up as "us against the world" & "The world has done us wrong, and we're gonna get all non-muslims."

They really need a lesson is effective protest. Instead of feeling for their insult, I'm scared of them and want them to not be anymore. Their reaction has now overshadowed the insult.

Matthew Parris
Many faiths and ideologies achieve and maintain their predominance partly through fear. They, of course, call it "respect".But whatever you call it, it intimidates. The reverence, the awe — even the dread — that their gods, their KGB or their priesthoods demand and inspire among the laity are vital to the authority they wield.

Against reverence and awe the best argument is sometimes not logic, but mockery. Structures of oppression that may not be susceptible to rational debate may in the end yield to derision.
link

:yes:

So have a laugh at the fundamentalist pricks and you can evoke a better response than any screaching and yelling - be they Muslim, Christian, Communist or Environmentalist.

A crowd of several hundred demonstrated outside the Danish Embassy in Knightsbridge, with protesters repeatedly shouting: “UK you must pray, 7/7 is on its way.”

terroristsinwaiting.jpg

Police refused to act on complaints from passers-by to order the demonstrators to take down banners praising the British-born terror bombers as the “Fantastic Four”, saying that their job yesterday was to ensure that the protest by 500 Muslims passed off peacefully.
link

I haven't seen a larger collection of beards with idiots attatched since the Chuck Norris look-alike convention in Dallas Texas.

No alcohol, pork or casual sex and all it takes is a few cartoons to get them revolting.

Due to a shortage of beef steak at their last meeting al Muhajiroun members have been forced to introduce "Infidel" as a tempory replacement. (Why else would they "Butcher" those who mock Islam?)

I would say drop dead, but these crazy fuckers they would probably take the advice try and take me with them!

Well they were just off the top of my head but the point is that it is all so very mockable. These guys are threatening violence, I see nothing wrong with taking their demands to butcher blasphemers literally for humerous purposes. Hell we can write jokes about any number of stupid things that some believers do - like taking sex advice from a septuagenarian virgin who dresses in gender ambiguous vestments, kissing holy stones of various types, engaging in rituals that involve biting the heads off live chickens, beating the shit out of the gay guy out of fear, beating their wives lightly because thats what their leaders tell them to do or those great rare cases where people follow spiritual advice and abandon conventional treatment only to find out that there is nothing to be done when their health problems get critical.

Fuck them all and lets get some saveage mockery to knock all that self-righteous superiority complex of professing believers down the proverbial peg.

Last edited:
Perhaps a sad truth is that more people are going to be physically hurt or even killed over this, blasphemy laws and self-censorship are symptoms not solutions to this virus of the mind.

The fault rests squarely on those who decided that they would respond to being offended by cartoons in an independent paper with violence. Any apologist who blames the Danish government, Jyllands-Posten, the Cartoonists or those who support them is flat wrong.

Will the freedoms that were once enjoyed in peace now go silently into the night?

Really, you'd think they'd be able to at least put "Stop Defamation of our Prophet" or something more civilized on a sign. That would be fine.

And they wonder why the rest of the world dosent trust the. Do they know we live in a civilized time now, or are they still stuck in their nomadic society.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
So have a laugh at the fundamentalist pricks and you can evoke a better response than any screaching and yelling - be they Muslim, Christian, Communist or Environmentalist.

How are enviromentalists fundamentalist p*****? :huh:

financeguy said:

How are enviromentalists fundamentalist p*****? :huh:

I don't think he means that environmentalists are necessarily fundamentalist p****** but they can be :shrug:

it's interesting ... i still stand by the statement that such signs are not representative of islam and the vast majority of muslims; however, it also seems fair to say that i cannot think of a group that would have an equivalent reaction to something deemed to be of equivalent offense.

we clearly have a problem here. it has much to do with bad governments, dictators propped up by the west, feelings of social exclusion, isolation, a sense of historical humiliation, etc. this we know.

but i can't shake the nagging feeling that there's something amiss in the religion itself (and religion itself, but we went down that road).

first, what is it? then, how to address it?

A_Wanderer said:

The fault rests squarely on those who decided that they would respond to being offended by cartoons in an independent paper with violence. Any apologist who blames the Danish government, Jyllands-Posten, the Cartoonists or those who support them is flat wrong.

:up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom