Killed giving candy to kids - No muslim outrage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't expect anyone except the most honorable face in the Muslim community - the Islamic anti-terrorist organizations - to condemn this. They're the good guys.

But I'm sure they are frankly tired of condemning Islamofascism by now.

I'm sure they're tired of saying what a bunch of louts the Islamofacists are, too. How dreadful. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
"No muslim outrage"

This just fucking happened. What do you expect? They release a press release after every act happens so that it comes out before CNN airs the story? So that people like you can feel satisfied?

Actually that would probably anger you more, for you wouldn't have an evil religion to blame.

you know what?

my Muslim co-worker hasn't expressed ANY outrage over this, let alone come to me, as a Muslim, and sincerely apologize for this incident and express a blanket condemnation of Islamic fascists and pledge unwavering support to our president in his mission to simply keep us safe..

you're right -- there is NO Muslim outrage.

Irvine511 said:
MUSLIMS ARE BAD!!! MUSLIMS ARE BAD!!! MUSLIMS ARE BAD!!!

JESUS ROOLZ!

There are other people that have issues with Islam besides Christians. A_Wanderer is one of them.

But you are right about one thing: Jesus rules ;)

Can we put the bickering to rest please and focus on the fact that there has been another tragic loss of life, particularly with innocent children at its center?

The childishness on this board right now disgusts me.

Re: Re: Killed giving candy to kids - No muslim outrage

Judah said:

Does that make you change your mind? Perhaps it just doesn't get reported, or perhaps you don't read the news when it is reported. How else would you like to see Muslims denounce suicide bombings? Maybe you can give them some ideas.

Maybe certain Islamic Clerics could put out a death warrant on anyone involved in the murders like they do when someone writes a book that's viewed as insulting Islam.

I'm sure Muslims wonder why Christians don't express outrage everytime a Muslim is killed, "collateral damage" or otherwise.

Frankly, I consider these posts to be quite racist in tone. That aside, if you're going to make this much fuss over 4 killed soldiers (not intended to trivialize their deaths), then perhaps you can see why the West Bank makes so much of a fuss when 4+ Palestinian civilians are killed as "collateral damage" in a retaliatory Israeli airstrike.

There is such a complete lack of empathy in this world, Muslim and Christian alike.

Melon

And this happened in Afghanistan, where according to US, NATO and Afghan counts, about 3000 people have died violently so far this year...the majority of them in Kandahar province, where this incident happened...where the Taliban are resurgent, opium-funded warlords are back in full force, and NATO reconstruction projects have steadily fallen by the wayside as violence increases...and we wonder why more locals aren't voicing their "outrage"? How easy it is for us to sit in comfort at our computers and make grand proclamations about what we would do if we were there. Or in Gaza. Or in Fallujah. Or in South Lebanon or Mogadishu or Islamabad...

And I don't know that it's in anyone's best interests to encourage the issuing of "death warrant" fatwas...is Ayatollah Khameini really someone whose strategies we want prospective allies to emulate? The fatwas condemning terrorism by the North American Fiqh Council and the Islamic Commission of Spain are more on the mark, I would think.

nathan1977 said:
Can we put the bickering to rest please and focus on the fact that there has been another tragic loss of life, particularly with innocent children at its center?

The childishness on this board right now disgusts me.

THANKYOU! yes please

melon said:
I'm sure Muslims wonder why Christians don't express outrage everytime a Muslim is killed, "collateral damage" or otherwise.

Frankly, I consider these posts to be quite racist in tone. That aside, if you're going to make this much fuss over 4 killed soldiers (not intended to trivialize their deaths), then perhaps you can see why the West Bank makes so much of a fuss when 4+ Palestinian civilians are killed as "collateral damage" in a retaliatory Israeli airstrike.

There is such a complete lack of empathy in this world, Muslim and Christian alike.

Melon

:up:

melon said:

Melon

Yep. Very well put, Melon.

In mainstream Islam, suicide is a big time sin. The big shots in several Muslims countries, including Saudi Arabia, have denounced it in no uncertain terms.

But it isn't suicide when your killing a bunch of unbelievers at the same time now is it, thats martyrdom.

melon said:

Melon

Great post.

Absolutely. I don't understand why four deaths on one side of the fence is less then four deaths on our side of the fence. We're all human beings, it doesn't matter who or how they were killed, they are no long here and should be mourned like eeryone else. I feel just as sad for anyone who is killed by someone or something else :(

Their not "muslims" or "palestinians" or "israelis" their humans just like you and me. This is why I'm so glad I don't have a religious bone in my body, maybe that makes me more compassionate because i don't stand from my pulpit pointing fingers at everyone who doesn't believe in "my god" and feeling smug when something goes wrong to them because thats how it feels in FYM.

I'm a Christian, but to my way of thinking, Muslims worship the same God I do. They go to a mosque on Friday rather than church on a Sunday the way I do. I had a great time in a Muslim country, Turkey, where I met the nicest people on the planet. Hospitality is a big time virtue in Islamic countries, and the Turks definitely know how to practice it. I think my study of the Turks has helped me a great deal in my understanding of Islamic peoples. No, they're not Arabs, but they're Muslims. I've met people who are ignorant enough to think Turks are Arabs. They're not!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the same incident (I confess I didn't look at the link) but I know of an Iraqi (not a Muslim, but still an Iraqi) who expressed outrage. Granted more of her outrage was focused on the innocent children who were killed as well, but she was squarely AGAINST the actions of the terrorists.

But then that's probably because she's an Iraqi Christian instead of an Iraqi Muslim. :|

Course, she ALSO feels that America's occupation of Iraq has made life worse for her family and all of Iraq. . .no, wait that can't be right. She's a Christian. . .she's supposed to be on OUR side. . .dangit, now I'm getting confused.

:|

I think that you will find that the opposition to terrorism in Iraq is well over 90% - it is not mutually exclusive to wanting the US out.

A_Wanderer said:
I think that you will find that the opposition to terrorism in Iraq is well over 90% - it is not mutually exclusive to wanting the US out.

Yes.

I assume you understood the sarcasm in my post.

melon said:

Melon

to me, this is the truth.
completely.

unfortunately, mankind finds it easier to pick sides.
they feel...what, exactly - heroic? justified?
in picking sides.
and that they're right... and have heaven's backing

Back
Top Bottom