Key benchmark in Iraq achieved today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

yeah, remember that single positive political result of the Surge? you know, the actual goal of the surge (political progress)?

it's not happening.

[/q]

Don't get to excited, this is not a dead issue and there will eventually be an agreement. Like anything in any government at any level, it takes time for things to become law. There are plenty of other positive results from the surge involving political progress at the local level which you continue to simply ignore.

Diemen said:
You're not giving it enough time, Irvine. :tsk: This could take 100 years.

And by his silence I can only assume that Sting doesn't believe there are any legitimate positions of opposition to the war.

It must be hard when you're the only one right and everyone else is wrong...

You assume a lot of things which are simply false. I don't agree with any of the positions of opposition to the war in Iraq, but that does not mean I think they are illegitimate. Back in the early 1990s I was opposed to the removal of Saddam as well. I certainly have more respect for a position that takes into account the United States and the worlds security and economic needs in the Persian Gulf, what Saddam had done prior to 2003 to the region, what the world learned about Saddam through the attempts to peacefully disarm him in the 1990s, and the collapse of the key aspects of containment, the erosion of sanctions and the weapons embargo.

Strongbow said:

Don't get to excited, this is not a dead issue and there will eventually be an agreement. Like anything in any government at any level, it takes time for things to become law. There are plenty of other positive results from the surge involving political progress at the local level which you continue to simply ignore.

excited? erm, you might want to re-check the title of this thread and the "!" before you toss around loaded phrases like that.

that i "simply ignore." that's just ... well, it's the same old same old.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom