Kerry Vs. Gore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote!

• John Kerry

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Al Gore

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I had an interesting thought that we should hold a poll for these two. Obviously, both have a lot in common. Of course, we should look at how they're a little different.

Gore:
Ban partial-birth abortions, except for maternal health.
Find some way for civic union; but not gay marriage.
Supports death penalty; no moratorium for new DNA techniques.
Global Warming is a clear & present threat; but preventable.
Solution is gun control, V-chips, and character education.
Faith-based organizations replace govt programs.
Iraq: Support opposition to overthrow Saddam. (Oct 2000)
Permit prayer in public schools.
Admits having smoked marijuana.
A "Moderate Populist."

Kerry:
Partial-birth abortion ban undermine women's right to choose. (Nov 2003)
Against partial-birth abortion but there are exceptions. (Oct 2004)
Expand embryonic stem cell research.
Supports 2nd Amendment, but wants to ban assault weapons.
Pray humbly that we are on God's side.
Despite Zell Miller, Dem Party does speak to southerners.
Focus on the real war on terror and find bin Laden.
Don't permit prayer in public schools
Flag burning is displeasing, but it's free expression.
Personally believes marriage is between a man & a woman.
For partnership rights and civil union.
Opposes death penalty except for post 9-11 terrorists.
Admits having smoked marijuana.
Vouchers drain resources from public schools.
A "Libertarian-Leaning Liberal."

Facts from http://www.issues2000.org/

I say Gore.

I think they are both extremely boring as politicians. I don't like that neither of them support gay marriage.

But if I had to choose between the two of them; since Kerry is for expanding stem cell research and Gore supports death penalty then I'd go for Kerry.

Known as the third trimester, often referred to as "late term abortion" by pro-abortionists.

Al Gore - for being the only VP to have guest stared of Futurama (and he did it twice). I also read Earth in the Balance.

Hrm. Not a desirable one, I'll admit, but my reasons for opposing the death penalty are a bit unorthodox, shall we say, in that when the death penalty should be used, it usually means that the criminals have committed a crime so heinous that it truly justifies the death penalty - in other words, for me, death is too good for such people.

I don't agree with Kerry's exception, but its better than Gore, who may think that it works as a deterrent. I don't actually agree with this.

Oh, and I used to cringe everytime Kerry used to say 'I will hunt and kill the terrorists'. Not because I had sympathy for terrorists, you understand, but because it was simply cringe-worthy the way he said it.

Ant.

Kerry, I don't like Gore's position on capital punishment and I have a stronger "libertarian" position in general. However both of them are perfectly decent people, unlike alot of other pols neither one really has big time skeletons in their closet. I also liked Gore's choice of Joe Lieberman as his running mate, although Lieberman's positions are too conservative for me, I have never seen a more fundamentally decent and conscientious man in politics, and that means alot to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom