Kerry Concedes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
CNN) -- Democratic Sen. John Kerry phoned President Bush on Wednesday to concede the presidential election, a White House aide said.

Word of Kerry's phone call came a few hours after White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card announced that the Bush campaign was convinced the president had won re-election.

"President Bush decided to give Sen. Kerry the respect of more time to reflect on the results of this election," Card told GOP supporters at the Reagan Federal Building and International Trade Center in Washington. "The president will be making a statement later today."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/03/election.main/index.html

Well, Reagan and Bush are two of a kind. :wink:

Congrats to the Republicans.

Here's to another four years of ripping on Bush :beer:

nbcrusader said:
I just read that Bush broke the all-time popular vote record.

And Kerry got more votes than Bush 1 -when he beat Dukais.

and more than Reagan ever got in one election.

and more than Gore -
when he beat Bush.

I'm going to miss the campaign. It was fun while it lasted, through the ups and downs. I'm going to brag and say I was one of Kerry's first national supporters, and I never once even contemplated wavering, even when he was below Sharpton in the polls. Cheers to an exciting campaign :up:

drivemytrabant said:
Bush also got more of the popular vote than Bill Clinton did in either of his elections.

But Clinton won the most votes in his elections and the Electorial College easily.

also Clinton maintained consistantly high job approval ratings, despite personal failings.

I'm gonna say kudos to Kerry on this one. Thanks for not letting this turn into the bullshit we went through four years ago. Now we just need to focus on some sort of united perspective. :shrug:

Kerry :up:

deep said:

But Clinton won the most votes in his elections and the Electorial College easily.

also Clinton maintained consistantly high job approval ratings, despite personal failings.

No one is denying any of that. My post only stated that he never received over 50% of the popular vote and George Bush has.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I'm gonna say kudos to Kerry on this one. Thanks for not letting this turn into the bullshit we went through four years ago. Now we just need to focus on some sort of united perspective. :shrug:

Agreed, thanks for showing some class on this one Mr. Kerry.

UnforgettableLemon said:

i'll give kerry some props here, as well. it was obvious to everyone that the numbers in ohio simply did not add up for kerry. thank you, john kerry, for seeing the obvious and not listening to john edwards and holding out. there was no need to drag this through the mud when it's obvious to anyone with a calculator that kerry can't win ohio. kudos, indeed.

I would like to apologize to the rest of the world. I love the United States, but I feel ashamed today....

U2One said:
I would like to apologize to the rest of the world. I love the United States, but I feel ashamed today....

Indeed.

I think Kerry's concession today proves what a class act he is and proves I voted for the right person in this election -- even if he lost.

drivemytrabant said:

No one is denying any of that. My post only stated that he never received over 50% of the popular vote and George Bush has.

So let's hear your comments on the 2000 numbers.

UnforgettableLemon said:

:up:

U2One said:

Perhaps the world might consider understanding the values that drove this election (Bush, greater GOP gains in the House & Senate).

I apologize for the bible belt and utah.

they are not capable of voting on issues for the best all people, but believe they are instruments for the lord in polling booths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom