Keith Olbermann's Special Comment 5-23-08 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Local Time: 06:44 AM
^^I don't like Obama's stance on nuclear power. I have a huge issue with the toxic waste aside from that I honestly find it as an answer to many prayers I have found a candidate with so much I relate to. I hope you find the same in whomever you vote for.

If I missed it I apologize, but please tell us what you don't like about McCain...

Fundamentally I agree with Sen. Obama on the big issues especially his stance on the war. I connected right away and applauded him for that because I was out there much like he was speaking up and taking big time HEAT from my Republican friends and family for saying it was a mistake long before the first bomb was dropped. I was labeled as unpatriotic for sticking up for the Dixie Chicks when it was an unpopular thing to do when I was living in the middle of the deep south. I was at a BBQ one time down in Jacksonville Florida and was asked my opinion about the war before we invaded and I was the only person there who opposed it. I said it was a mistake for various reasons such as the aftermath of tribal kaos, but mostly because one of my brothers through his line of work , knows a former weapons inspector who said the Bush Admin was totally fabricating this whole WMD story. Everybody scoffed at me. With that said my point is, he inspires me. Ya, there I said it. HE INSPIRES ME. I don't think I need to apologize for that.
What a sad state of affairs when a person is made to feel bad about that.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I think a lot of liberals in this forum still have a lot of work to do. I have yet to see BonoVox, Irvine, or Jeannieco (among others) say anything negative about Barack Obama. Not one criticism. Not one substantive disagreement they have with him.

but i have said many positive things about McCain.

can you say the same about Obama? or Hillary?

here's a criticism of Obama: i wish he had voted against that silly, pandering Farm Bill (and, to his credit, McCain voted against it).

Old 05-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannieco View Post

If I missed it I apologize, but please tell us what you don't like about McCain....
I don't like that he voted against the tax cuts early on. I know he did so because he also wanted a decrease in spending, and I understand that, but it certainly makes him look bad in the eyes of conservatives.

I don't like that he's bought into the whole global warming premise.

McCain-Feingold, which seems to be coming back to bite him in the rear.

McCain-Kennedy, and not being tough enough on illegal aliens.

I disagree with him on torture.

The candidate I agreed the most with was probably Giuliani, who I initially supported. Though I do agree with most in this forum, in that McCain was the most electable, if not only electable of the GOP bunch this year.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay oh sing your song let your song be sung
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
I don't like that he voted against the tax cuts early on. I know he did so because he also wanted a decrease in spending, and I understand that, but it certainly makes him look bad in the eyes of conservatives.

I don't like that he's bought into the whole global warming premise.

McCain-Feingold, which seems to be coming back to bite him in the rear.

McCain-Kennedy, and not being tough enough on illegal aliens.

I disagree with him on torture.

The candidate I agreed the most with was probably Giuliani, who I initially supported. Though I do agree with most in this forum, in that McCain was the most electable, if not only electable of the GOP bunch this year.

Interesting. Thank you.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think a lot of liberals in this forum still have a lot of work to do. I have yet to see BonoVox, Irvine, or Jeannieco (among others) say anything negative about Barack Obama. Not one criticism. Not one substantive disagreement they have with him.
Negative doesn't = criticism. Something you haven't figured out.

My criticism has been the same for all canidates, it just turns out my views are more in line with Obama.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
I don't think it says all that much when people criticize the candidate they support. I don't think it really shows a certain objectivity. Holding all candidates to the same standard shows at least objectivity and consistency. It says, "I may agree with 100% with Obama and not criticize him but I won't hold him to a different standard than others" That's fair, right?

For example, the Obamians who cite the "rules" over and over again as to why Florida and Michigan should not count and turn around and bemoan the same "rules" that allow superdelegates to vote any which way they please.

It's just an inconsistency. Some might say hypocritical.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:48 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Seriously? "Nuance" is Irvine's middle name!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:44 PM
And irony is deeps weapon of choice, it still doesn't prevent him being mischaracterised.

Why can't everybody just be jaded and spiteful, it makes it so much easier.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #89
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
Why can't everybody just be jaded and spiteful, it makes it so much easier.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:44 PM
It may be easier, but it's also boring
Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

this was an attempt at "deep" irony.

or was it?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #92
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:44 PM
I can't tell from your thumbs up, but I was making a regular statement.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Looks like Olbermann may be in a little bit of trouble

Olbermann Watch - MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Deadbeat Olbermann Fails to Pay New York Taxes, State Issues Warrant

New York State has issued a tax warrant against Keith Olbermann for failure to pay taxes on his humbly named personal corporation, Olbermann Broadcasting Empire, Inc. Olbermann is listed in legal records as the President of Olbermann Broadcasting Empire, Inc.

A call to the Albany County Clerk's Office in upstate New York confirmed that the warrant is still outstanding and that Olbermann has still failed to pay his back taxes. State records show that Olbermann's company failed to pay $2,269.50 in state taxes. A judgement was entered against Olbermann last summer (Docket Date: 8/21/2007), just weeks before Olbermann closed on a a luxurious $4.2 mm condo at Trump Palace, at 200 East 69th Street.

Keith Olbermann joins fellow comedian Al Franken on the list of prominent liberals who love to raise YOUR taxes but do everything in the power to avoid paying their own. Franken, running for the Democratic nomination for Senate in Minnesota was nailed two months ago for failing to pay his taxes. That report let to further investigations which turned up numerous examples of Franken skipping out on tax bills across 19 states for an amount totaling over $70,000. Franken was also fined $25,000 for failure to pay into state Workers Compensation fund. Minnesota Democrats Exposed has all the goods on Franken here.

NOTE TO READERS: The Franken case initially involved one tax lien in one state but quickly mushroomed to cover 19 states. Any help we can get in searching local tax warrant databases in other states is appreciated. Send along any other tax liens against Olbermann or his front companies and we will add them here.

UPDATE: Looks like we may have some more tax problems for Olbermann to report on tomorrow. We've got some leads but need to confirm with two state tax agencies.

Reader Tim reminds us that earlier this month Keith was defending fellow left-wing comedian Al Franken (by attacking Bill O'Reilly...a twofer):

Admonishing Bill, Olby said "if you say Franken owes 70,000 dollars in back taxes, you're lying. Franken paid the taxes. In fact, he overpaid the taxes. He just didn't pay them to the correct states. A traveling performer, like a comedian or lecturer or ball player, has to pay income tax everywhere he has a gig or game and Franken's accountant misled him on that. So he paid the taxes, but he paid them to Minnesota, and now he's paying them again to the other states. And you're a cheesy liar, Bill."

Except that Franken kept changing his story and also ended up getting slapped with a $25,000 fine for failing to pay into the workman's comp fund (irony for the friend of the working man, right?). Whatever excuse Keith wants to make for Franken, Keith's tax warrant is STILL outstanding as of this moment and Keith is not a performer or ball player. So what's your excuse Keith? Did your accountant "mislead" you?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #94
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

wow. Olbermann Broadcasting Empire, eh?

Nah, it hasn't gone to his head at all.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I bet the Empire name is a complete joke, self-mocking the whole way like he's known to do. Afterall, he called his Sportscenters with Dan Patrick "The Big Show" thinking that no one was watching and basically mocking himself.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Keith Olbermann seems to be causing all sorts of problems. NBC news is about to implode.

Watch:

johnny dollar's place
Old 06-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #97
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Well that was lame. If I didn't know any better, I'd guess the name of that show is "Let's All Gossip About Our Competitors!"