Karl Rove, Worse Than Osama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

i should just ignore this, but it's so out of line that i can't.

a flag is a symbol of a COUNTRY. countries are never sacred. and simply because it's disrespectful to burn a flag, that doesn't mean it should be illegal, and if, say, iraqi insurgents were holding US marines captive and burning the flag as a method of torture, then it would be every bit as wrong as the desecration of the Koran, and perhaps needlessly endanger the insurgents just as much as the desecration of the Koran -- and in fact all the torture US interrogators may or may not have done, or outsourced -- endangers US troops.

the day it becomes illegal to burn the US flag is the day i'll start burning flags in protest.

I agree. A flag is secular. It represents a secular institution, the state. It makes no sense to me to compare flags of any nation and scriptures of any religion or symbols of any religion. Remember when Sinead O'Connor did her infamous act with a picture of the Pope? She really pushed it. It was too much for even Madonna.

nbcrusader said:

Is it your position to say what is sacred to another person?

i thought we weren't supposed to legislate on the basis of individual interpretations of what is and what is not moral or sacred? are you embracing a victim mentality and encouraging people to get offended whenever and wherever they might choose to do so? and then to legislate based upon the few hurt feelings that flag burning might engender?

financeguy said:

Interesting. So now a national flag has 'sacred' status.

It does to some people( rightly or wrongly isn't the issue), or you think maybe they ought to check with you first to see if it's OK ?

Burn a flag, OK. Burn the Koran, bad. Burn 'Catcher in the Rye' and REALLY watch FYM go up in flames......

I love my brief forays in here, "COEXISTENCE" at it's worst. Ah, the irony......

(I'm getting ready to launch my new game for FYM only, based upon "6 degrees from Kevin Bacon", I'm thinking of callign it "6 posts from blame the Christian", any takers ?)

cardosino said:

It does to some people( rightly or wrongly isn't the issue), or you think maybe they ought to check with you first to see if it's OK ?

Burn a flag, OK. Burn the Koran, bad. Burn 'Catcher in the Rye' and REALLY watch FYM go up in flames......

I love my brief forays in here, "COEXISTENCE" at it's worst. Ah, the irony......

(I'm getting ready to launch my new game for FYM only, based upon "6 degrees from Kevin Bacon", I'm thinking of callign it "6 posts from blame the Christian", any takers ?)

:rolleyes: Get off your victim horse man, you're beating it to death.

I requote you because it's obvious the point has gone way over your head. Have you ever heard of context?

Look at it this way: we have 35 posts and NO mention of the evils of conservative Christianity or gay marriage. We are making progress here folks!

nbcrusader said:

Is it your position to say what is sacred to another person?

No. But it's hard for me to put a flag and a book of a religion's scriptures in the same category. One is mainly a political symbol and the other is a religious symbol.

Unless you consider the MoveOn.org crowd who were circulating a petition following 9/11 not to go after the Taliban and that whole gang to be what the Democrats are then that is wrong.
Dark Lord KKKarl Rove
Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers. Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war. Conservatives saw what happened to us on 9/11 and said we will defeat our enemies. Liberals saw what happened to us and said we must understand our enemies.
There are a number of conservative democrats as well as liberal Republicans, that dichotomy simply was not used here. He is talking about leftists, in a speech to a conservative group. He is not goint after all Democrats, just the blanket 'liberals' who are the generic group of leftists that attract the ire of the right. I do not think that the Democrat's are really a reflection of the likes of Michael Moore or Noam Chomsky, I think that there is a distinction.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Was he the leaker? Will he get in trouble?

this sack of shit, rove knew what he did in 2003

and the president recently promoted him

they say a fish rots from the head down

who can deny that

this administration is corrupt

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Unless you consider the MoveOn.org crowd who were circulating a petition following 9/11 not to go after the Taliban and that whole gang to be what the Democrats are then that is wrong.There are a number of conservative democrats as well as liberal Republicans, that dichotomy simply was not used here. He is talking about leftists, in a speech to a conservative group. He is not goint after all Democrats, just the blanket 'liberals' who are the generic group of leftists that attract the ire of the right. I do not think that the Democrat's are really a reflection of the likes of Michael Moore or Noam Chomsky, I think that there is a distinction.

That first sentence is a totally lie, often repeated by right winger hacks. Move-on did no such thing. They never even got involved until the run up to the Iraq war.

What Pax said. I wrote a response yesterday but ended up erasing it.

But we also have to remember he's an outsider looking in, that can often cloud, and rhetoric is sometimes all he may have to follow.

Interesting insight from Mark Kleiman today:

"Lying to a federal official about an official matter is a
felony. So if Rove lied to the President, he's in trouble. And
if he told the President the truth and the President lied to
the investigators, then the President is in trouble. Either
way, the President could find himself in court."

http://WWW.markarkleiman.com/archiv...criminal_false_statement_to_george_w_bush.php

Judah said:
"Either
way, the President could find himself in court."

Will that be on Court TV? *rubs hands together in glee* :wink:

Interesting article, thanks.. But that will never happen. If it comes to that, Rove will resign in a heartbeat, I can't believe he'd ever let Bush be incriminated. I think he'd lie to prevent that. And it just seems like they will let the whole matter die down and it will just go away-the mainstream media doesn't seem to be paying all that much attention to it.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Will that be on Court TV? *rubs hands together in glee* :wink:

Interesting article, thanks.. But that will never happen. If it comes to that, Rove will resign in a heartbeat, I can't believe he'd ever let Bush be incriminated. I think he'd lie to prevent that. And it just seems like they will let the whole matter die down and it will just go away-the mainstream media doesn't seem to be paying all that much attention to it.

Agreed, MrsSpringsteen. Rove will take the fall if an investigation of him continues, but they (Rove's legal team) will string it out as much as possible near to the end of the second term, then Bush will give him a pardon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom