John Kerry Officially Loses the Nomination by Dropping the F-Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
once George McGovern told a lady to "you can kiss my ass"..:yes:

it happened after a commercial flight was held up for 2 hrs for McGovern.
one of the passengers after the flight landed approached Mr McGovern and told him she thought his move was inconsiderate and that she was not going to vote for him.

and thats when he snapped.

Last edited:
verte76 said:

I agree. I don't think this should cost Kerry the nomination. Something else should if it does.
*not taking sides in primaries*

He is not winning in his own region...and saying the f-word is not going to help here in New England.

he is losing 3 to one in NH based on the Polls right now.

Dreadsox said:

He is not winning in his own region...and saying the f-word is not going to help here in New England.

he is losing 3 to one in NH based on the Polls right now.

Oh, he's struggling, big time. I think his campaign is shot to be perfectly honest. I didn't think he was on his way to victory before the f-word incident, and I don't think he is now.

Let's put it this way. I don't think saying the word "fuck" is going to affect his campaign. He's already losing pretty badly in the polls.

Melon

damn. u know it bothers me, but the general usage. in that specail case i don?t really care, but.. you know, i use that word often enough, and seldom we are remembering what a pleasure fucking is. now if we took out the f word and replaced it with making love everytime we curse, wouldn?t that be a system.

"Did I expect George Bush to make love as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."

ok.. i admit there are grammatical difficulties.

"fuck the dj" vs. "makin love to the dj" now translate fuck off..

bot you know, the original meaning of the word has to be preserved.

Last edited:
melon said:
Let's put it this way. I don't think saying the word "fuck" is going to affect his campaign. He's already losing pretty badly in the polls.

Melon

It may very well be why he decided to say it.

Dreadsox said:

It may very well be why he decided to say it.

I didn't think about that, but that could be the case. Recently his campaign took out huge ads on my ISP (Bellsouth). I thought it was ridiculous, a real sign that he's struggling.

Shock and Awe at the White House(Reuters):

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a rare White House rebuke of a Democratic presidential candidate, chief of staff Andrew Card called on U.S. Sen. John Kerry on Sunday to apologize for using a four-letter expletive in an interview lambasting President Bush's Iraq policy.

Scarletwine said:
Actually now that I thought about it for awhile. He couldn't have described the admin. performance in a more clarified and accurate way.:evil:

Apparently, Kerry's spokeswoman agrees:

"I could think of a lot of words to add to the one John Kerry used that would be equally appropriate," she said.

Scarletwine said:
Actually now that I thought about it for awhile. He couldn't have described the admin. performance in a more clarified and accurate way.:evil:

Hey, I won't disagree with this. Lord knows I've had my criticisms of the present post-war policy in Iraq. I still do. :mad: :( :censored: :censored: :censored:

<<<<Show me another quote anywhere in AMERICAN history where a presidential candidate has attacked a sitting president and used profanity.>>>>

Hardly the first time something like this has happened. Just with the way this world has "instant news", such a comment get's more sensationalized.
Harry Truman was well known to have a rather colorful vocabulary. Richard Nixon used to be a favorite verbal punching bag for him.

"Nixon is one of the few in the history of this country to run for high office talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time and lying out of both sides. "

And during the 1960 Presidential Election between Tricky Dick and JFK, he said this about Nixon
"Anyone who votes for that sonnuvubitch deserves whats coming to him!"

Why's it wrong,
For
unlawful
carnal
knowledge
-------
fornication
under
consent (of the)
king

One thing i've heard about this 'word' is that it was not a word, but an acronym, like radar or scuba, which eventually became words. It's wrong in that it doesn't make sense in the contexts it's usually used.

Bono should've said 'fecking brilliant', after winning golden globe, that would've been more appropriate him being Irish. I like what the Irish do, blend f*ck, hell and heck, make it into it's own thing, and when it's used, it really conveys strong emotion, than fornication.

My peeve with it, it's a throwaway term, it's what to say, when you can think of nothing else. That's it Kerry, your years of being a Senator, good education, and "he f*cked things up."??

I think he's just desperately trying to appeal to the younger voters, (1.talking to rollingstone, 2. using f*ck, with that magazine) :coocoo:

"fuck it up." *maybe I'm being picky, but can't help it, just had a semester of English grammar at college.*

Clinton admin lobbed a few missiles in Baghdad, I don't remember too many protests about that. Right, he didn't call it a war, that was Bush's mistake. Shouldn't have used the word "war."

-------
And what about the bigger issues. Bush took Bono seriously, don't you think. 2.4 billion for Africa, now it's just a wait on Congress to act. (as you can tell from my sig, I visit atu2.com a lot, and they've bunch of U2 news too, and Bono's concerned about Congress. Will Congress play politics, democrats not voting for this $$$ because they don't want Bush to do something good?!

I hope they don't, but with statements like Kerry's about "Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything'?" Dean is petty enough to not go with Bush on something, to show how he's not like other democrats?, well, clear off Dean!

thrillme said:
That's it Kerry, your years of being a Senator, good education, and "he f*cked things up."??

Alot of people come from good educational backgrounds and drop the f-bomb rather frequently. I don't know why people expect a Senator to be any different.
Much ado about nothing if you ask me. Why the Bush Administration doesn't focus on something else more important......like not blowing up anymore kids in Afghanistan, is beyond me.

Last edited:
thrillme said:
"fuck it up." *maybe I'm being picky, but can't help it, just had a semester of English grammar at college.*

Clinton admin lobbed a few missiles in Baghdad, I don't remember too many protests about that. Right, he didn't call it a war, that was Bush's mistake. Shouldn't have used the word "war."

-------
And what about the bigger issues. Bush took Bono seriously, don't you think. 2.4 billion for Africa, now it's just a wait on Congress to act. (as you can tell from my sig, I visit atu2.com a lot, and they've bunch of U2 news too, and Bono's concerned about Congress. Will Congress play politics, democrats not voting for this $$$ because they don't want Bush to do something good?!

I hope they don't, but with statements like Kerry's about "Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything'?" Dean is petty enough to not go with Bush on something, to show how he's not like other democrats?, well, clear off Dean!

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

Why didn't Clinton do something, the world trade centers were bombed before? His administration knew nothing of al quieda back then?

"Alot of people come from good educational backgrounds and drop the f-bomb rather frequently."

Well, I just see that as an attempt to show off, be cool. "look at me, I said f*ck." if it's by an elected official. I read Al Sharpton's interview with rollingstone, he made much more insightful points, and criticisms, than "fuck it up."

How about focusing on Africa? well, the ball's in Congresses court.

Bush did get something done that Clinton didn't, but I won't say what it was, as it's a fire and gasoline kind of thing.

Well let's just say you didnt see the Republican Congress ringing the war bell for Clinton to do anything about it. Not to mention many Republicans criticized him for what he did do.
Even if Clinton is faulted for inaction, they produced a very thorough document about the threat of Al Qaeda, and gave it to The Bush Administration. Where-in they sat on it until it bit them in the ass in the form of commercial airliners.

Pfft...

I can't find it online, it's a hard one to look up, but isn't one of the famous turning points in the campaign within the White House/Pentagon/State Dept to get an Iraq invasion on the cards a story about Bush sticking his head into a meeting between Rice and someone in regards to the Iraqi sanctions, which is made famous for Bush only shouting two words at them: "Fuck Iraq!"

Now there's a much, much more serious use of the word.

Anyway, it's a politician giving a Rolling Stone interview. Therefore he's trying to appeal to the Rolling Stone audience. The average interview in Rolling Stone probably averages 6 'fucks' per paragraph. If you single out interviews with rap artists this jumps to about 32 'fucks' (and/or fuckers, fuckwits, motherfucker etc) per paragraph. In the world in any one day 935,478,283 'fucks' are released by humans of all nations. On average, 47,423 are aimed at President Bush in some way, and 98% of those are in negative context (and those who use it in a positive context are 100% of the time met with the response "You sick fuck").

It shouldn't really be a big deal. It's dumb for any politician to drop a fuck, aimed at anyone or for any reason - they should know they'll get a backlash, but it's not a big deal. Just a word.

Skwege said:
<<<<Show me another quote anywhere in AMERICAN history where a presidential candidate has attacked a sitting president and used profanity.>>>>

Hardly the first time something like this has happened. Just with the way this world has "instant news", such a comment get's more sensationalized.
Harry Truman was well known to have a rather colorful vocabulary. Richard Nixon used to be a favorite verbal punching bag for him.

"Nixon is one of the few in the history of this country to run for high office talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time and lying out of both sides. "

And during the 1960 Presidential Election between Tricky Dick and JFK, he said this about Nixon
"Anyone who votes for that sonnuvubitch deserves whats coming to him!"

He said it on the record? To a reporter? As I have said I agree Presidents have colorful vocabulary. I am familiar with the Nixon quote, the man despised Kennedy, and if you believe good old Oliver Stone, was haunted by him, after he was dead. I am not looking for Presidents with colorful vocabulary. I am looking for Presidents who during an interview went on the record with a statement like this.

Back
Top Bottom