Jesus wants you to have a semi-automatic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Oakland turned our liberal ex Governor, Jerry 'moonbeam' Brown into a "Law and Order" tough on crime politician.

California uber alles

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

[Chorus:]
California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

Iraq vet questions gun raffle for Pa. kids league

August 7, 2008

MILLERSTOWN, Pa. --An Iraq war veteran says a youth football league in central Pennsylvania is using inappropriate prizes in a raffle fundraiser: rifles.

David Diaz, who served two years in Iraq with the 101st Airborne Division, said he doesn't want his 9-year-old daughter, a cheerleader, to sell tickets for the October nightly raffle.

"It doesn't seem right that we are using guns to raise money so they can play football," Diaz said.

The money from the sale of the $10 raffle tickets will go to the Greenwood-Newport Midget Football Association, which puts on games with children ages 5 to 13.

Pat Dorman, the association vice president, said she didn't see a problem with a rifle as an attention-getting prize.

"People hunt; guns are not just used for violence," said Dorman. "We want to attract the people to buying the tickets."

Winners can receive cash if they don't want a rifle. Ticket holders must be 18 to win a rifle, and receive it through a participating gun store that satisfies all legal requirements including background checks, she said.

It is legal for children to sell tickets for a gun raffle. But children can't win the rifle or present it to the winner, Perry County District Attorney Charles Chenot said.

It is legal for children to sell tickets for a gun raffle. But children can't win the rifle or present it to the winner, Perry County District Attorney Charles Chenot said.

There may be good arguments for or against this raffle.

This is one of the 'bad' or yes, I will say 'stupidest' arguments to present.

I would find it difficult to vote for this person to be DA.

Back
Top Bottom