Jesse Ventura questions official 911 story - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 01:50 PM
No-one knows 100% what happened. NO-ONE. Even Dick Cheney doesn't know 100%.

And that's why, to me, saying that you KNOW the officially, mainstream accepted explanation is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth (as A_Wanderer quite correctly acknowledges, the mainstream, officially accepted explanation is a conspiracy theory itself) is as stupid and arrogant as saying that you know it is completely false.
__________________

financeguy is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I have no respect for 9/11 conspiracy nuts. They are one of the few, if not the only people that I have ZERO respect for.
Go tell it to those 9/11 relations who are 'conspiracy nuts', see what reaction you get.
__________________

financeguy is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #23
The Fly
 
CherokeeRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: at zoo station throwing a brick through a window
Posts: 127
Local Time: 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Go tell it to those 9/11 relations who are 'conspiracy nuts', see what reaction you get.
exactly, many people who's family were victims question the official story. I do think there needs to be a new investigation to shed some light into what happened. We need to confront these questions and issues that have been lingering. That being said, I'm not 100% convinced of the "inside job" theory.
CherokeeRose is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #24
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
No-one knows 100% what happened. NO-ONE. Even Dick Cheney doesn't know 100%.

And that's why, to me, saying that you KNOW the officially, mainstream accepted explanation is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth (as A_Wanderer quite correctly acknowledges, the mainstream, officially accepted explanation is a conspiracy theory itself) is as stupid and arrogant as saying that you know it is completely false.
EXACTLY...It baffles my mind the number of people on FYM that refuse to even consider that there may be some truth to this. I believe they are afraid that it may have some truth to it and therefore refuse to even entertain the thought. It shows a total disrespect to those families that have indeed questioned the official story - not to mention the firefighters that heard explosions, the janitor of WTC William Rodriguez who was in the sub-basement and swears he heard explosions underneath him and was one of the true HERO'S of that day (Please Google "William Rodriguez 911 janitor" for more info) or Dr. Steven Jones who found traces of thermate in the dust samples of both WTC 1, WTC 2 and Building 7!!! And while we're on the topic I beg someone to tell me just how Buliding 7 collapsed and why Larry Silverstein gave the orders to "pull it"??? Please, someone explain that to me.
There is just WAY TOO MANY questions that have not been answered. To NOT BE SKEPTICAL is absolute lunacy and scares me even more than any conspiracy theories. I'm not saying you have to believe there was more than meets the eye but to NEVER even question it scares the living shit out of me. Are people that dulled??? It seems many folks on FYM absolutely refuse to even question events such as 911 or the JFK assasination and there's something seriously wrong with that. People like Melon at least have done research and even if I disagree with his theories I respect him for at least doing his homework instead of just laughing it off. Just read some of the comments from people on this thread and you'll know what I mean. It boggles the mind.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
There is just WAY TOO MANY questions that have not been answered. To NOT BE SKEPTICAL is absolute lunacy and scares me even more than any conspiracy theories. I'm not saying you have to believe there was more than meets the eye but to NEVER even question it scares the living shit out of me. Are people that dulled??? It seems many folks on FYM absolutely refuse to even question events such as 911 or the JFK assasination and there's something seriously wrong with that. People like Melon at least have done research and even if I disagree with his theories I respect him for at least doing his homework instead of just laughing it off. Just read some of the comments from people on this thread and you'll know what I mean. It boggles the mind.
I agree that never questioning anything is the wrong way to walk through life, but one should look at all sides of the story. Basic concepts of gravity and physics would answer most of the questions asked by these conspiracy theorists. I have to wonder if you do look at both sides, you have offered some very weak conspiracies(about this and others). And then using "it was just too visually spectacular" as your reasoning is well um... mind boggling.
BVS is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Basic concepts of gravity and physics would answer most of the questions asked by these conspiracy theorists.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to be more specific. Which questions? Which conspiracy theorists?
financeguy is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 07:50 AM
I am still waiting for you to put up a shred of credible research on the Kennedy Assaination. I repeatedly quoted sources, research in that thread and you had NOTHING.

How am I supposed to take this serious?
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
It seems many folks on FYM absolutely refuse to even question events such as 911 or the JFK assasination and there's something seriously wrong with that. People like Melon at least have done research and even if I disagree with his theories I respect him for at least doing his homework instead of just laughing it off. Just read some of the comments from people on this thread and you'll know what I mean. It boggles the mind.
Please - lets talk Kennedy Assasination.
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #29
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to be more specific. Which questions? Which conspiracy theorists?
Well just for example 'Building 7' isn't that much of a mystery. A slow fire, the damage done to the builing from the debris, and the way the structure of the building was designed makes the fall fairly easily answerable. Plus I'm not sure if a fall 7 hours later really helps the controlled demolition theory.
BVS is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #30
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Well just for example 'Building 7' isn't that much of a mystery. A slow fire, the damage done to the builing from the debris, and the way the structure of the building was designed makes the fall fairly easily answerable. Plus I'm not sure if a fall 7 hours later really helps the controlled demolition theory.

That's utter HOGWASH!!! A building that size does NOT collapse like it did. Watch the footage again and tell me it's not a controlled demolition!!!
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #31
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadsox View Post
Please - lets talk Kennedy Assasination.
I made a mistake...it was you Dreadsox, not Melon, who I was referring to. Let's NOT discuss JFK right now. I think we're forever going to disagree on that.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Do I think that there were some people in high levels of the US government who knew "something big" was going to happen and might well have known it would involve hijacked airplanes and would result in the deaths of hundreds of people? Do I believe these people would then allow that event happen because it would enable then to more easily wage a "War on Terror" without being seriously questioned? Yes, I believe these things are possible.

Do I think the 911 attacks were carefully planned and carried out by some super secret US government group and include the planned, controlled demolition of the WTC? No, I don't. I do think the small group of religious zealots who did carry out the attacks essentially got lucky and did far more damage -- especially to the WTC -- than they ever expected.

Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar.
indra is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,268
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's utter HOGWASH!!! A building that size does NOT collapse like it did. Watch the footage again and tell me it's not a controlled demolition!!!
And you got your degree in physics from where?

My father is an engineer and has incredible knowledge in the engineering and physics fields, and he doesn't buy into any of this nonsense.
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #34
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 07:50 AM
[QUOTE=2861U2;5246797]And you got your degree in physics from where?

My father is an engineer and has incredible knowledge in the engineering and

So what. Dr. Steven Jones would disagree with your father. There are experts on both sides of this issue. EXPERTS!!!
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's utter HOGWASH!!! A building that size does NOT collapse like it did. Watch the footage again and tell me it's not a controlled demolition!!!
Hogwash? Really, with your expertise in structural engineering can you explain to me exactly why it's hogwash?
BVS is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #36
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Hogwash? Really, with your expertise in structural engineering can you explain to me exactly why it's hogwash?
Nope. Can't do it. I'll leave it to people like Dr. Steven Jones.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #37
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,672
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's utter HOGWASH!!! A building that size does NOT collapse like it did. Watch the footage again and tell me it's not a controlled demolition!!!
First of all, you need to calm down. It's hard to take you seriously when you're yelling and screaming in response to posts.

Secondly, it's hogwash according to you and a select few experts who are of the minority opinion in their field of experts. Which means that there are countless more experts who disagree with you. So excuse me if I don't take "That's utter HOGWASH!!!" all that seriously.

Thirdly, if you want to actually have a nice debate and get people to take you more seriously, how about posting some of the evidence you're talking about, or at least posting more than a name of a guy you agree with.
Diemen is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post

So what. Dr. Steven Jones would disagree with your father. There are experts on both sides of this issue. EXPERTS!!!
See, I think this is where you lose so much credibility in here. You find one source, so you therefore call everything else "hogwash".

Dr. Jones was a pretty well respected physicist, but there are some issues, one he doen't have an expertise in structural engineering and didn't have anyone who does to back up his theories. In fact he didn't have much peer review at all, he does have supporters but the support for a truly peer reviewed paper just isn't there. Jones has made a few appearances speaking about his theories but mysteriously enough has never engaged in a debate with other physicist and engineers that don't agree with him.

Not enough to blindly believe or call anything "hogwash". But hey a professional wrestler/actor/politician is on his side, so he has that going for him...
BVS is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #39
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Nope. Can't do it. I'll leave it to people like Dr. Steven Jones.
And how exactly does this distinguish your own thinking on the topic from the HOGWASH!!!-swallowing "nuts" and "absolute lunatics" you're railing against? Nonconformity merely for nonconformity's sake, is that it? If you "can't do it" then how are you actually deciding whom to believe?
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #40
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
See, I think this is where you lose so much credibility in here. You find one source, so you therefore call everything else "hogwash".

Dr. Jones was a pretty well respected physicist, but there are some issues, one he doen't have an expertise in structural engineering and didn't have anyone who does to back up his theories. In fact he didn't have much peer review at all, he does have supporters but the support for a truly peer reviewed paper just isn't there. Jones has made a few appearances speaking about his theories but mysteriously enough has never engaged in a debate with other physicist and engineers that don't agree with him.

Not enough to blindly believe or call anything "hogwash". But hey a professional wrestler/actor/politician is on his side, so he has that going for him...
It's funny that no one has responded to William Rodriguez. If anything, when you watch footage of Mr. Rodriguez you know in your soul he is NOT lying or making anything up. He heard explosions in the sub-basement of WTC 1 and proceeded to rescue possibly hundreds of people. In fact, he was one of the last people to leave the building. If you believe Mr. Rodriguez then you MUST admit something happened that is NOT a part of the official explanation. If you insist that the official explanation is THE TRUTH then you are calling this true hero a LIAR!!!
__________________

Harry Vest is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×