Jesse Jackson = Walking Bag of Shit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonite

I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
Hahaahahaha.... It's finally out.. It's about time that this occurred.. 'Shakedown', The Exposing of the REAL Jesse Jackson is For Sale... This guy is an abomination for the Black race, and sadly it is people like Him Who are the 'Protectors' of Racism in this country.... Which is a sick thought. I'd be first in line to read it, and spout it from the top of my Dorm, but I don't want to waste my time on someone I already knew was a crooked Douchebag to begin with... Here's a Little teaser of an Article, to help you realize just how twisted and full of shit this man really is... But then again, I'm sure ya'll already knew that..

L.Unplugged

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON MARCH 04, 2002 16:02:37 ET XXXXX

PUBLISHER LAUNCHES REV. JACKSON EXPOSE; LARGEST FIRST PRINTING IN REGNERY HISTORY

Supporters of Rev. Jesse Jackson are calling a new book about the embattled leader -- a "political assassination!"

REGNERY PUBLISHING has set a first run of 150,000 copies for SHAKEDOWN: THE LIFE OF THE REVERED JESSE JACKSON, a record for the house.

The book levels dramatic charges against Jackson, including an allegation that Jackson lied about staffers being killed in the attacks on the World Trade Center!

MORE

"We're running five-times more copies for SHAKEDOWN than we did for Bernie Goldberg's BIAS," an insider tells the DRUDGE REPORT. "We believe it's that strong, that compelling."

Reporter Kenneth R. Timmerman has spent the last 2 years exploring Jackson: his life, his claims. Timmerman produces a damning profile. The book hits shelves on Tuesday.

"This is the same s*it the NATIONAL ENQUIRER whipped up," a source close to Jackson told the DRUDGE REPORT. "This is simply a political assassination designed to eliminate, outright, a leader of the African-American community."

SHAKEDOWN ranked #126 on the busy AMAZON hit sales parade Monday afternoon hours before its release.

Timmerman snagged three contentious interviews with Jackson for the book, which comes with 60 pages of notes, documents, footnotes and photos.

Chapter 1: Manufacturing a Myth

"He Died in My Arms" (pgs 4-10)

This is where Jesse Jackson lied about cradling Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s head just after the assassination and that he was "the last person on earth" to whom King had spoken with. Jackson and repeated the lie at every opportunity and got away with it for nearly a decade. It wasn't until a reporter tracked down other members of Dr. King's entourage and published the true account of what actually happened in Memphis.

Early Lies (pgs 11-14)

Jackson's lies about Dr. King's assassination were not the first. He has consistently embellished every aspect of his life; from claiming his mother was a maid to saying he was cut from the high school football team for being black.

Jesse Jackson adopted the title "Reverend" without the credentials (pgs 21 -26)

Jesse Jackson's ties to Chicago's most violent street gangs (pgs 26 - 30)

Chapter 4: Travels with Yasser

Shaking the Arab Money Tree (pages 118-120)

Jackson collected a handsome sum from Arab businessmen, the Arab League and several other Arab organizations in exchange for supporting Arafat.

Chapter 7: "Hymietown"

Jumbled Finances (pg 159)

The behind-the-scenes story of the "Hymietown" scandal.

Brother Noah, Black Capitalist (pg 163) Also see the documents in the back of the book - regarding Noah Robinson (Jackson's half brother) who is now locked up for life in prison for murder-by-hire, racketeering, and drug trafficking.

Crying racial conspiracy runs in the family.... Also see (pgs 225) Where Noah Robinson (Jackson's half brother) likens himself to Nelson Mandela, and claims that he was a victim of a political and racist conspiracy

Chapter 16: Election 2000

The Pardons (pgs 391-393)

Jackson asked Clinton to grant clemency to three friends-which he got. Top on the list was Dorothy Rivers, a well-known Chicago social activist who was sentenced to five years and ten months in prison in 1996, following a forty-count indictment that detailed how she defrauded the homeless of $5 million in government grants-the money that was earmarked to build shelters for homeless families and pregnant teens. When challenged why he asked for her pardon, Jackson retorted, "She ain't shot nobody. She ain't dealt in drugs. She ain't [running] a house of prostitution...She's a good person who overspent a grant or so." Jackson requested one more pardon, for his half brother Noah Robinson Jr. who is serving multiple life sentences for murder by hire, racketeering, and drug trafficking. This is the only pardon request that didn't go through...

Chapter 17: Life After Clinton

Appropriating A Church (pgs 396-397)

There's a section towards the back about Jackson "appropriating a church," in which he stages a political rally at a black church in Harlem, after promising the pastor he would only be apologizing for his adulterous affair. The pastor is livid with Jackson transforming his church into a "circus" when he invites media.

Chapter 18: Shakedown Man

Hijacking America's Grief (pgs 413-420) Jesse Jackson's unpatriotic behavior just four days after September 11th was chilling. The author interviews Jackson and catches him in a lie about how some of his staffers were killed in the attacks on the World Trade Center.

Developing...

You mean Jesse Jackson is not saint??? But he says he is! Every time he is involved in a scandal he selflessly goes and takes it upon himself to try and end some conflict. He jumps right in the middle of whatever is going on tho divert the negative attention away from himself and shine a positive light instead.

I've heard a lot of African-americans complain about their lack of having a leader like an MLK. Apparently they are wary of Jackson, and realize that Al Sharpton (sp?) is nuts. And speaking of nuts, don't even look at Lewis Farrikhan (sp?) who is a racist. I tell them if they want a good role model, look no furhter than the Secretary of State.

Good post Lemonite.

He's a questionable character to be sure, but his speech at the 1988 Democratic Convention was fabulous. Unforgettable.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 03-05-2002).]

Originally posted by the olive:

Colin Powell is a true american hero. With a little luck he may even be president one day.

Yes, It is too bad for the nation that his wife isn't capable of handling the first lady duties, however, I'm hoping she comes around after W's Second Term so We can snuff out that disaster in the waiting Ms. Rodham Clinton.

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by Lemonite:

Yes, It is too bad for the nation that his wife isn't capable of handling the first lady duties, however, I'm hoping she comes around after W's Second Term so We can snuff out that disaster in the waiting Ms. Rodham Clinton.

L.Unplugged

it's not that she's incapable of handling it. she just has a legitimate concern that her husband being an african-american would most likely have to deal with more threats than the average white president.

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
she just has a legitimate concern that her husband being an african-american would most likely have to deal with more threats than the average white president.

I guarantee you that He is aware of the very same thing, But regardless, She was a major factor in him not deciding to jump in the race (And I'm sure there were other reasons as well), and again.. regardless, I do feel that he would be an excellent president if he chose to run.. And he'd be Republican too...

L.Unplugged

Perhaps he wanted a little more training to add to his resume, other than just being a 4-star general and chairman of the joint cheifs.

Im a big fan of Powell. He's the only one of those 5 or so top US people that I kinda 'trust'. It's a shame he seems to be a bit gagged by the rest of them. I think he's a bit smarter. As for Jesse Jackson. Don't know much, but the only times I've ever seen him on tv he makes me cringe.

I think Jesse Jackson started out with the best of intentions and with his heart in the right place.

However I think he has since fallen in love with the spotlight
frown.gif

Powell's wife has been treated for depression. Its no secret and they have been very open about it. The White House would be not be a good place for that...although it might bring the spotlight to that illness and maybe do some good for the people afflicted with it...help lift the stigma so to speak..

But Powell served in Viet Nam...he knows what it is like to dodge bullets..

dream wanderer

I do feel that he would be an excellent president if he chose to run.. And he'd be Republican too...
gosh, what a coincidence

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Lemonite -

About nine years ago, Mr. Jackson graced your beloved campus with a speaking engagement - with Mohammed Ali at his side. It was an awesome speech, and roused the Domers into a frenzy. It was a great day for your campus.

Mind you, he has fallen on some tough times - and has made some horrible decisions - but that day will always stick out in my mind as a great day.

Go Irish!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 03-06-2002).]

This guy is an abomination for the Black race

So would this make Henry Kissinger (or any other white politician who has done something wrong) "an abomination for the white race"? Just wondering...

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
So would this make Henry Kissinger (or any other white politician who has done something wrong) "an abomination for the white race"? Just wondering...

Like Gary Condit?

Hahaha.. AH yes, I had my egg timer set until you would chime in on this thread..

You seem to have missed the point by trying to drop a question to negate my statement, What I am saying is that Jesse Jackson is a Manufacturer of Negative White/Black Relations, He lives for it, His mouth salivates at any single opportunity to try and paint a picture of Black People being shit upon in this world...

For example, take the Latest Notre Dame Head Coaching Decision.. He goes and places a call to our AD saying it would be a 'good statement' for ND to hire Willingham.. Not for any reason that he may in fact be a competent head coach, or that he has experience coaching a similarly academic oriented school, But for the sole reason that It would be a boost for the Black Morale in the College Coaching Department.. He made it seem that blacks were getting 'brushed' over in coaching selections on purpose.. not because maybe they weren't the best for the job..

The last thing Jesse Jackson wants is for Black Men/women to start to try and improve themselves, To Succeed.. Those are his mortal enemies, Believe it or not.. Successful Blacks.

What a heartless man.

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
I'd love to see Colin Powell run... maybe with Libby Dole as his VP.

Wow, if America would have trouble accepting a black president, I would bet they would have even more problems accepting a female vice president. This would be an acceptable ticket for the Democrats, but probably not for the Republicans! I feel the Republicans sent Libby a strong message in 2000 - "Don't even think about, women!"

Oh, the days when woman had a chance - cheers to Mondale for trying - it's too bad we are such a close-minded society.

ummm, c'mon, zone...not just a little partisan there are you?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

I'm overwhelmed by the number of women running for President or VP under the Democratic ticket. *ahem* riiiight.

Powell and Libby Dole would make a great ticket. Probably won't happen, but hell, I'd vote for them.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
ummm, c'mon, zone...not just a little partisan there are you?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

I'm overwhelmed by the number of women running for President or VP under the Democratic ticket. *ahem* riiiight.

Powell and Libby Dole would make a great ticket. Probably won't happen, but hell, I'd vote for them.

Sula buddy, name all the female VP candidates ever....hmmmm, Geraldine Ferraro (Mondale's running mate back in, oh never mind, you weren't here, sorry
wink.gif
tongue.gif
). No GOPs there though. How about racially diverse candidates in the last 40 years? Has there been more than one from the Republican party? I'm just saying...

I think Libby Dole is GREAT, and I have a lot of respect for Powell - but I feel Dole has been pushed away by the party - shoo shooed in 2002. And for what, a less-inteligent puppet of the party, dubya.

His mouth salivates at any single opportunity to try and paint a picture of Black People being shit upon in this world...

Not wishing to start an argument here, but I don't think anyone needs to paint a picture of Black people being discriminated against. The evidence of that happening is all around us, nobody needs to exaggerate the situation because it's serious enough as it is.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
I feel Dole has been pushed away by the party - shoo shooed in 2002. And for what, a less-inteligent puppet of the party, dubya.

Hey zonelistener, I'm really interested in this - who would you say is behind pushing for Bush to be the Republican candidate in 2000? His father or people who supported him in office? Or other people within the Republican party? Or outside? I'm curious - tell me more! :)

Ah.. This will be the hallmark of all liberals in the year 2008 when They unleash Hillary Rodham Clinton to try and jump in on the presidency... I can't imagine of an even greater disaster to strike... Keep an Eye out.

L.Unplugged

Not wishing to start an argument here, but I don't think anyone needs to paint a picture of Black people being discriminated against. The evidence of that happening is all around us, nobody needs to exaggerate the situation because it's serious enough as it is.

I'm not a Jesse Jackson fan myself, aside from the aforementioned inspirational speech which I remember vividly and the occasional moment where I think he is telling it like it is, but he has always stood up for all people who have been shat upon, including women, children, gays & lesbians of all races.

I also respect the way he handled the much-publicized affair and baby. You can criticize him for being in that position in the first place, but I'm not going to judge him or anybody for it because I've got my own mistakes to contend with and am in no position to judge anyone. All I know is if you're a politician who has an affair and a baby from that affair, and it comes to light, that's the way to handle it. I doubt many politicians would have the courage to be so honest and direct about it.

Hey zonelistener, I'm really interested in this - who would you say is behind pushing for Bush to be the Republican candidate in 2000? His father or people who supported him in office? Or other people within the Republican party? Or outside? I'm curious - tell me more! :)

Be honest with you - I couldn't put a name to it, but, if you look at Bush, he would fit the part for what the GOP needed: Popular in his position (gov. of Texas), name recognition (daddy), money, a good puppet (not knowing much about Int'l policy),attractive to the eye (for the most part - ain't no Ronny Reagan though
wink.gif
), popular within the party (old boys network, as with BOTH parties). It just seems perfect. They got what they needed - they beat Gore. Make sense?

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:

I also respect the way he handled the much-publicized affair and baby. You can criticize him for being in that position in the first place, but I'm not going to judge him or anybody for it because I've got my own mistakes to contend with and am in no position to judge anyone. All I know is if you're a politician who has an affair and a baby from that affair, and it comes to light, that's the way to handle it. I doubt many politicians would have the courage to be so honest and direct about it.

Except that unwanted pregnancies are a *huge* problem in the black community (as well as adultery being a pretty serious sin according to any reasonable strain of Christianity). Charles Barkley lambasted the Reverend for this transgression in this week's issue of Sports Illustrated.

Originally posted by speedracer:
Except that unwanted pregnancies are a *huge* problem in the black community (as well as adultery being a pretty serious sin according to any reasonable strain of Christianity). Charles Barkley lambasted the Reverend for this transgression in this week's issue of Sports Illustrated.

As I said, you can criticize him if you want, but he handled the situation admirably in my opinion. He is a man, not a God. He fucked up badly, he owned it and did the right thing. And Charles Barkley better make sure his own slate is clean before he goes lambasting anybody.

"Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future."

Back
Top Bottom