Jesse Jackson = Walking Bag of Shit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
Not wishing to start an argument here, but I don't think anyone needs to paint a picture of Black people being discriminated against. The evidence of that happening is all around us, nobody needs to exaggerate the situation because it's serious enough as it is.

EXACTLY!! Which is why the Rev's exaggerations bother me so much!

"Reverend" Jackson refused to take a stand against Sudan's slave system because he feared such a position would be perceived as "Anti-Arab."

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
As I said, you can criticize him if you want, but he handled the situation admirably in my opinion. He is a man, not a God. He fucked up badly, he owned it and did the right thing.

That's like commending someone for calling the fire department after he's set fire to a building.

Originally posted by speedracer:
That's like commending someone for calling the fire department after he's set fire to a building.

um, yeah, it's just exactly like that.
rolleyes.gif

People make terrible mistakes everyday. It's the human condition. How a person handles their mistakes to me is often, though not always, a greater reflection of their true character than their mistakes are. He did the right thing publicly, in my opinion, and the rest is between him, his family, the other woman and child, and God.

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Hahaha.. AH yes, I had my egg timer set until you would chime in on this thread..

You seem to have missed the point by trying to drop a question to negate my statement, What I am saying is that Jesse Jackson is a Manufacturer of Negative White/Black Relations, He lives for it, His mouth salivates at any single opportunity to try and paint a picture of Black People being shit upon in this world...

For example, take the Latest Notre Dame Head Coaching Decision.. He goes and places a call to our AD saying it would be a 'good statement' for ND to hire Willingham.. Not for any reason that he may in fact be a competent head coach, or that he has experience coaching a similarly academic oriented school, But for the sole reason that It would be a boost for the Black Morale in the College Coaching Department.. He made it seem that blacks were getting 'brushed' over in coaching selections on purpose.. not because maybe they weren't the best for the job..

The last thing Jesse Jackson wants is for Black Men/women to start to try and improve themselves, To Succeed.. Those are his mortal enemies, Believe it or not.. Successful Blacks.

What a heartless man.

You hit the nail on the head Lemonite. The one thing Jesse does not want to see is the black race becoming self sufficent. If that would happen then who would need Jesse. Until blacks start seeing through their so called leaders like Jesse they will never climb out of the hole they say they are in. Jesse does whatever he can to keep the black race down. If he were white he'd already be in jail. Well maybe not look at Hillary and Bill. He should have been audited by the IRS long ago, but the IRS is scared. This so called man is the worse kind of piece of shit. He constantly screws his on people over as he gets richer.
L.Unplugged

I'm not a Jesse Jackson fan myself, aside from the aforementioned inspirational speech which I remember vividly and the occasional moment where I think he is telling it like it is, but he has always stood up for all people who have been shat upon, including women, children, gays & lesbians of all races.

I also respect the way he handled the much-publicized affair and baby. You can criticize him for being in that position in the first place, but I'm not going to judge him or anybody for it because I've got my own mistakes to contend with and am in no position to judge anyone. All I know is if you're a politician who has an affair and a baby from that affair, and it comes to light, that's the way to handle it. I doubt many politicians would have the courage to be so honest and direct about it.

I think I saw your picture in Webster's Dictionary next to the word (Most) Gullible

As I said, you can criticize him if you want, but he handled the situation admirably in my opinion. He is a man, not a God. He fucked up badly, he owned it and did the right thing. And Charles Barkley better make sure his own slate is clean before he goes lambasting anybody.

"Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future."

Handled it well. After he got caught.

Interesting how I'm being criticized and called gullible for practicing understanding. Didn't you just say over in the Christian survey thread something about "judge not lest ye be judged?" But that wouldn't apply to Rev. Jackson, I suppose. Or perhaps I lack understanding of the meaning of that principle.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 04-05-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom