Jackson Verdict Reached

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Michael, on behalf of mankind, we're sorry"

yes that was a sign from somebody outside the courthouse :coocoo:

Bono's American Wife said:
Okay parents! You can feel safe pimping your kids out to MJ again! Get your dayplanners out and start booking the sleepovers! :happy: :up:

:|

yes.

and make sure MJ promises you a rolex and a ride in the Lear Jet before you lease out your child for the night.

i hate this whole thing.

Quite a surprise on the lessor included charges of providing intoxicating substances to a minor. Once the credibility of the victims mother was tarnished, the facts went out the window.

Who cares. It's not like Michael Jackson was breaking into people's houses and abducting children. In the future, if anyone brings their children to Neverland and leaves them alone with him, then I'd say you're asking for molestation.

Anyway, the family was non-credible. When in doubt, you must rule in favor of the defendant; that's why he's free today.

Melon

i did not follow the case all that closely

but the burden is on the prosecution to
prove beyond a reasonable doubt

i don't approve of MJ or the parents behavior

but I think the legal system worked properly
as it did with the fist OJ trial

i guess there won't be any ranting about this jury like there was about the OJ case

It's not gulity. I am a bit shocked that he got off, I mean it seemed that he would go to the big house. In my heart of hearts, I still feel he is gulity but, at least 1% happy he got off. I feel he would have not survived in prison. (You gotta have a little sympathy for him if he went to jail, but at the same time I still think he did it and should have payed for what he did.)

He would have been put in Corcoran State Prison in an isolated wing for high-profile celebrities at risk for being attacked. He would have been in a single cell in company with Charles Manson. It's considered the safest place in all of the California prison system.

But that's just for academic purposes. He's clearly not going there now.

Melon

Just like throughout the trial, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other about the verdict. I flipped over to CNN for a few minutes-his fans were sure thrilled as all get out to hear this news.

All I can really seem to say about the verdict is...interesting. Very interesting. Hm.

I wonder what this'll mean for him in the future-will his image improve at all, or will people still doubt his innocence?

Angela

I think his image will remain unchanged. He's already been labelled a "child molester" since the last time about 10 years ago. People who hate him, like him, or are completely indifferent about him (like I am) are likely not going to budge after this.

Melon

i'm surprised that he can sleep at night. and the laywer!!!

regardless of the verdict, he will never bounce back from this career-wise. he is too abnormal (and too old)

shamon!!!!

I don't really have a strong opinion about the verdict. The guy's mother developed a credibility problem, as nbcrusader pointed out, and it was curtains for them. So I'm not surprised. Still, I agree with melon that his reputation is shot. He's history as far as his career is concerned.

Last edited:
melon said:
He would have been put in Corcoran State Prison in an isolated wing for high-profile celebrities at risk for being attacked. He would have been in a single cell in company with Charles Manson. It's considered the safest place in all of the California prison system.

But that's just for academic purposes. He's clearly not going there now.

Melon

Yeah, I know that. I meant that he just be mentally devastated. It would be such a change for him. I know he would be safe from any danger but, can you just imagine the stress. But at the same time only 1% of me is happy he got off, I still feel he should have paid for what I think he did.

!! i knew it all along, not guilty. Very pleased. He may be weird and warped but he is no criminal.

i wonder if the jury could have legally sentenced him to psychological treatment? that's what he really needs. glad it's over. perhaps we can get some real news on the networks now.

Nobody knows for sure if he did all the things they accused him of. Granted, there's no smoke without fire. But even though I never had an opinion on this and never took sides, I'm happy for him now. At least put him out of all this misery, geez!... 12 long years! If you don't want to take a chance, just don't send your kids to Jackson's house. It's as simple as that. :shrug:

Does anybody else not really care? I mean, I sort of followed the trial just because of the sheer lunacy of it. But the whole deal was just absurd to begin with, who really cares? Am I wrong to feel that way?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom