I've got the Kucinich-itch, and I aims ta scratch it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
YAY! I'm so excited. :hyper: Last time he ran for president, my ass (literally) subconsciously pinned him to the wall of a bar out of sheer excitement!! (Not out of a drunken stupor, I promise!) Hopefully, that didn't cost him the race. I wonder if my ass is bad luck for presidential candidates? :hmm:

The U.S. *need* Dennis. He is awesome. I love him because he is catholic (omg listen to him talk about how he and his wife are a union of souls :heart: he is so wise and centered and a spiritual guru!!!), vegan (sacredness of all species :drool: ), and loves cookies...vegan cookies!!! :love:

There is no better platform than vegan cookies!!

Anyway, I'm throwing the rest of my life aside to campaign for Dennis, The Peace Candidate. Who is with me? :up:

Last edited:
Um... hate to bring up the spoiler argument but I'm going to. I think Kucinich should have taken a lesson from Feingold and looked at the field and decided not to run. He is only stealing liberals (and midwesterners) from Obama and setting us up for Hilary who will lose if she gets the nomination.

Look what happened last time when there were 9 dems in the field - Dean, a candidate who barring some vocal chord malfunction could have been extremely competitive against the republicans, lost some of the anti-war vote to Kucinich et al.

I remember when he was looking for a date over the internet or something like that, that was funny and cute :wink:

I think he's quite intelligent and honest and has good ideas, but he's not very "Presidential" whatever that means- thus many people wouldn't vote for him just for that reason, unfortunately.

Then again how Presidential was/is GWB?:|

Varitek said:
Um... hate to bring up the spoiler argument but I'm going to. I think Kucinich should have taken a lesson from Feingold and looked at the field and decided not to run. He is only stealing liberals (and midwesterners) from Obama and setting us up for Hilary who will lose if she gets the nomination.

Look what happened last time when there were 9 dems in the field - Dean, a candidate who barring some vocal chord malfunction could have been extremely competitive against the republicans, lost some of the anti-war vote to Kucinich et al.

But thats why the primaries are SO IMPORTANT. I think tucked way in the back of my head I do know that he may not be elected as president. But the primaries are our chance to show what issues we care about. The support that Dennis had last time shows that there are people that the democratic party need to consider when developing a platform.

The primaries give us the chance to say "ya know what, dems are more than just the opposite of reps! we love vegan cookies too!" Personally, I didn't think any other candidate really had a sound plan for handling the war in Iraq like Dennis did. Just everything that falls out of his mouth restored my hope in the world.

I'll show I care with a vote, and as much volunteer work as I have time for, for Obama. At first I was undecided on his electability because of experience issues, but barring Gore/Clark joining together :drool: I'm going with Barack. Even if his name does sound like Iraq Osama.

It's good Kucinich's ideas will have a platform, but you'd think he could come up with other ways to publicize his good plans besides running for president every 4 years.

Irvine511 said:

vegan cookies are for children who have been BAD.

nooooooooooooooooo! i'll make you vegan cookies. they will show you the light and open you up to the truth!!!!! they are like biting into beautiful yummy stars and sunshine and rainbows and unicorns!

the unicorns are alive in our hearts! :love:

Yay Dennis! :up:

i'm predicting:

Hillary/Obama vs. McCain/Rice

if Obama is on the ticket, anywhere, the Republicans are going to have to run an african-american somewhere on their ticket.

and McCain/Rice will live and/or die on iraq.

redhotswami said:

nooooooooooooooooo! i'll make you vegan cookies. they will show you the light and open you up to the truth!!!!! they are like biting into beautiful yummy stars and sunshine and rainbows and unicorns!

i do enjoy the vegan chocolate pudding at Whole Paycheck.

Irvine511 said:
i'm predicting:

if Obama is on the ticket, anywhere, the Republicans are going to have to run an african-american somewhere on their ticket.

Rice has said again and again she isn't running. Hopefully she'll stick to it. But that would be a fascinating ticket.

redhotswami said:

Did I break your heart?? :sexywink:
Actually, I'm not cool enough to be vegan, I'm just a mere vegetarian.

Porque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad: hehe it's cool. Although at my brothers winter concert this past sunday. There was this quote unquote semi-political figure who is a vegitarian. And he was making such a fuss about how could people be eating chicken that was being served and how he should sue my brothers choir for animal cruelty??

giving vegiterians a bad name.

I like Kucinich, but I don't think he stands a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination. I think Obama does, therefore I'm supporting him if he runs.

Irvine511 said:
i'm predicting:

Since you love polls, I thought you might find this one interesting:

Voters favor McCain over Clinton in '08

"Given a choice between McCain and Clinton, half of those surveyed said they would vote for the Arizona Republican, compared with 36% for the former first lady."

"Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), a charismatic African American who has gotten enormous attention since he began publicly musing about a presidential bid, remains obscure enough that 40% of the Democrats surveyed said they did not know enough about him to have an opinion on him."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politic...0,4176083.story?page=1&coll=la-home-headlines

If such polls are at all accurate, it suggest that Hillary has a significant amount of ground to make up, and people should start asking some serious questions about Obama.

If the Democrats want to be competitive against McCain, they need to get General Clark on the ticket, and preferably a democratic governor from the south.

STING2 said:

"Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), a charismatic African American who has gotten enormous attention since he began publicly musing about a presidential bid, remains obscure enough that 40% of the Democrats surveyed said they did not know enough about him to have an opinion on him."

and people should start asking some serious questions about Obama.

My gubernatorial candidate had the same problem. When he started running, nobody had heard of him, but friends encouraged him to run anyway because of his vision and leadership potential. He campaigned through the grassroots and made a name for himself. Even at the beginning of the summer a similar number of democrats were saying "who?" But we canvassed and went to townhall meetings. Eventually, behind the other, better funded candidates, we got on the air. And by primary day we not only had recognition but over 50% of the vote in a 3-way race. Then we won the election by 50% as well.

That was Deval Patrick, close law school buddy of Obama, who encouraged him to run even when he was obscure. So don't think that poll will make Obama back down.

Yes, the country is a helluva lot bigger than Mass but there's a lot more volunteers out there too. It can work if Obama does it right.

Back
Top Bottom