I've got the Kucinich-itch, and I aims ta scratch it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:
McCain gave the commencement address at Liberty University. Even if I knew nothing about his platform, that alone would be enough to freak me out.

Could be worse. It could have been Bob Jones.

A_Wanderer said:
Political wanking is not limited to Republicans (and I know that you know that)

oh, fair enough.

we're all guilty of wishful thinking, and schadenfreude.

only some of us will reasses our positions, and others repeat the same piece of information for paragraphs on end.

McCain has all the Iraq crap on his head, especially if troops are increased.
Plus he's shown he flip & flops on issues and can no longer be seen as a centrist in anyway, especially if you look at his votting record.
The latest Newsweek poll shows Hillary up by 10% over McCain.

Scarletwine said:
Plus he's shown he flip & flops on issues and can no longer be seen as a centrist in anyway, especially if you look at his votting record.
The latest Newsweek poll shows Hillary up by 10% over McCain.

:lol: I like your updated sig.

Thanks

Too bad I can't X out Darth Cheney.

I really like Kucinich's ideas and I agree the party needs someone speaking from the left left to create dialogue about alternatives to the DLC.

Scarletwine said:

I think McCain made a huge strategic error. He probably figured there is no way anyone would send in more troops, which would then give him the chance to campaign with "Well I told them we needed more troops and nobody listened to me!" Now that Bush actually is in favour of this, when it fails, and undoubtedly it will because the troop #s he's talking about are going to do nothing at all, then every single anti-McCain ad will be pointing out loudly how this was all his idea. And the public hates it as it is and will only grow to hate it even more.

anitram said:

I think McCain made a huge strategic error. He probably figured there is no way anyone would send in more troops, which would then give him the chance to campaign with "Well I told them we needed more troops and nobody listened to me!" Now that Bush actually is in favour of this, when it fails, and undoubtedly it will because the troop #s he's talking about are going to do nothing at all, then every single anti-McCain ad will be pointing out loudly how this was all his idea. And the public hates it as it is and will only grow to hate it even more.

yes, but i read a poll that said that independents like McCain, so we should just make him president now and save ourselves the hassle.

Irvine511 said:

yes, but i read a poll that said that independents like McCain, so we should just make him president now and save ourselves the hassle.

:wink:

But you know, in all seriousness, this idea that McCain is a maverick is one of the biggest frauds the US media has perpetrated against the public in the last 5 or so years. It's absurd and any sentient being who is ambitious enough to go and find out what McCain stands for will see it for the BS it is.

anitram said:

:wink:

But you know, in all seriousness, this idea that McCain is a maverick is one of the biggest frauds the US media has perpetrated against the public in the last 5 or so years. It's absurd and any sentient being who is ambitious enough to go and find out what McCain stands for will see it for the BS it is.

i'm not totally opposed to McCain, because at the very least he's not a religious fanatic, but here's why i wouldn't vote for him:

1. Iraq
2. he voted to allow the president to torture
3. he voted to give the president the powers to detain without any rights any american citizen at the discretion of the president
4. he bent over in 2004 for a man who's campaign launched one of the most vicious and racist smear campaigns in history (south carolina 2000)

Back
Top Bottom