Italian Court to decide if Christ Existed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It could be loads of fun. :yes:

Honestly it sounds like yet another sequel of Grumpy Old Men. :)

VertigoGal said:
so our government's not the only one who wastes precious time and taxpayer money on ridiculous bullshit. how comforting. :up: :)

who wastes taxpayers money on proving Jesus existed?

im not tryin to provoke ya but i dont get the paper...so im quite ignorant of the" our government" using taxpayers money to do that kind of thing

is it state money or federal money?

mr cascioli sounds a wee bit bitter twords catholics in a predominately catholic country ....that cant be easy
he will probably be whacked
...they are very old school in italy

Last edited:
It's a useless fight... Some people will never believe in Christ even if they proove his existence, or like you said, the miracles they say he did. And if they prove he didn't exist, the real Christian won't lose faith anyway...

Besides, how can you prove someone existed 2000 years ago with 100% accuracy ? None of us was there ;)

carrieluvv said:

who wastes taxpayers money on proving Jesus existed?

im not tryin to provoke ya but i dont get the paper...so im quite ignorant of the" our government" using taxpayers money to do that kind of thing

is it state money or federal money?

oh I don't know, I didn't mean to say our government does this in particular...just reminded me of the house vote in favor/against the traditions of christmas, or other stupid shit like that :wink:

mmmh curious I've never heard of it....
ok Rome might be far from Milan(where my body lives) but my opinion is that the cnn is "pushing a button" and trying to ride the vawes of the challenge btween "intelligent design" & darwin...not very professional...:|

Ciao,
Tom

VertigoGal said:

oh I don't know, I didn't mean to say our government does this in particular...just reminded me of the house vote in favor/against the traditions of christmas, or other stupid shit like that :wink:

ahhhhhhhhhh...I see.

but i guess we make strides when we talk about it:hmm:

Last edited:
MsGiggles said:
Who are they gonna bring in as witnesses?

:shrug:
:hmm:
3.jpg

Trial of the Century!

There is a screenplay or stage play

If I could write one

I have always wanted to attempt

It would go something like this:

Jesus comes back
His identify is challenged

But it is irrefutably proven,
via dna, carbon dating, perfect knowledge of historic middle east, whatever (still working on this part)

Well, after legal finding is granted, Jesus gets the best international legal team and sues for wrongful imprisonment, wrongful execution, wrongful use of his name and likeness for profit, etc.

He wins, judgements against Rome, the Vatican, and most so-called Christian Churches, and on and on and on.

Well, after collecting all his judgements he owns about half of the planet.

He is able to impose justice, and mercy and charity and it is a wonderful thing to behold.

(I know, keep my day job.)

Last edited:
Don't waste your money making a movie - just get out 'The Man Who Sued God' on DVD.

* Billy Connelly's character has his boat destroyed in a storm.
* Insurance won't pay out because it is an 'Act of God'.
* He goes and sues the church(es) for what God has done to him.
* In order to keep their money and avoid a dangerous precedent, the church(es) must argue that God does not exist.

Flimsy premise, but some entertainment value if there is nothing better on the box.

Aren't there Roman records or something referring to some fella getting crucified who matches his description? And isn't the fella meant to be a cheap trickster, or wizard or something? If so, that would sort of suggest that Christ at least APPEARED to perform miracles.

deep said:
There is a screenplay or stage play

If I could write one

I have always wanted to attempt

It would go something like this:

Jesus comes back
His identify is challenged

But it is irrefutably proven,
via dna, carbon dating, perfect knowledge of historic middle east, whatever (still working on this part)

Well, after legal finding is granted, Jesus gets the best international legal team and sues for wrongful imprisonment, wrongful execution, wrongful use of his name and likeness for profit, etc.

He wins, judgements against Rome, the Vatican, and most so-called Christian Churches, and on and on and on.

Well, after collecting all his judgements he owns about half of the planet.

He is able to impose justice, and mercy and charity and it is a wonderful thing to behold.

(I know, keep my day job.)

crazy shit man.

you should write it.

Otokonoko said:
Don't waste your money making a movie - just get out 'The Man Who Sued God' on DVD.

* Billy Connelly's character has his boat destroyed in a storm.
* Insurance won't pay out because it is an 'Act of God'.
* He goes and sues the church(es) for what God has done to him.
* In order to keep their money and avoid a dangerous precedent, the church(es) must argue that God does not exist.

Flimsy premise, but some entertainment value if there is nothing better on the box.

I like that movie :lol:

Otokonoko said:
Aren't there Roman records or something referring to some fella getting crucified who matches his description? And isn't the fella meant to be a cheap trickster, or wizard or something? If so, that would sort of suggest that Christ at least APPEARED to perform miracles.

perhaps they exist... But that can't be a real evidence.

All the thing is absurd!

But it seems that in Italy we're very good at wasting time & money on useless things.

Beautiful, yes... But I can't stand the fact that almost all the world laughs when talking about my country.

Yes it is...really silly...
and Lady Luck, don't worry...
none will laugh when talking about our country! :mad: :madwife: :angry:
(ok I'm not good in playing the aggressive one...:wink: )
(ma chissà perchè poi dovremo parlare in inglese...:p)

February 9, 2006

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian atheist lost his legal crusade against the Catholic Church on Thursday when a judge rejected his attempts to sue a priest for saying that Jesus existed 2,000 years ago, the priest's lawyer said.

Luigi Cascioli, 72, had argued his hometown priest and former schoolmate had effectively broken an Italian law meant to protect the public from being conned.

But instead of granting Cascioli his request to bring the case to court, the judge recommended magistrates investigate him for slandering priest Enrico Righi, Righi's lawyer, Bruno Severo said.

The 76-year-old priest said he was delighted by the news.

"Thank God it's over," Righi told Reuters. "I'm glad it has ended like this, because imagine if it had gone on and on."

Cascioli, author of a book called "The Fable of Christ," said the court had not yet informed him of the ruling. But he was not surprised, and said he would appeal to Italy's highest court, and then to The Hague.

Asked about the possibility he would be tried for slander, Cascioli chuckled, saying that to prove he lied, prosecutors would have to prove that Jesus existed.

"They don't have any proof," he said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom