It is NOT the ECONOMY Stupid for Presidentail Approval Ratings in America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salome said:
I'll take a guess
Clinton would have realised that his popularity would go through the roof by bombing just about anything that one could possible bomb out there and do just so

This is by far the most idiotic thing I've ever read.

If the 9/11 attacks had been carried out against your country you'd understand the need for action.

Standing down in the face of evil due to cowardess is just as bad and conceding to it. You dont' seem to understand Salome....you can't negotiate with terrorists who do not value their own lives.

If you looking for a reason to slam the US.....find another one salome...this one has been done before ( please paste sound of beating of dead horse). You seem to love to bash the US....but you never seem to come up with any alternatives to what the US is doing in the war on terror....why is that???

and if your going to talk big do yourself a favor...get a nick that's a little more masculine. Salome..is a girls name

WildHoneyAlways said:
You are insulting Winston Churchill just by mentioning him in the same sentence as GW Bush. Please point out the parrallels between these two men. I am curious.

Churchill had to clean up the mess made by his predecessor, a predecessor who did very little to effectively counter the ever-growing threats of a madman, and Churchill did so not by doing the easiest thing, but by doing the RIGHT thing.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!"

"Great harm has been done to us. We have suffered great loss. And in our grief and anger we have found our mission and our moment. Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation -- this generation -- will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."

Parallels between Bush and Churchill? I must be INSANE.

So go ahead, everyone. Let's keep comparing Bush to Hitler. The comparisons are so close. I mean, Bush is such a fascist, appointing a CHRISTIAN (gasp!) to become Attorney General and detaining American citizens who have done nothing more than align themselves with our enemy - an enemy that killed over 3,000 civilians by ramming hijacked passenger jets into office buildings.

Oh, and BUSH supports ISRAEL! How NAZI is that! 'Cause, y'know, when I think of the Fuhrer, I think "Zionist."

Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Last edited:
z edge said:

Thats just an ongoing arrogant attitude and I am really disgusted by it. As a government civilian for the air force and a former soldier of the army, I am sick and fucking tired of being portrayed as "reckless cowboys, war-mongering, bombastic", or whatever else you want to throw up there.
ummm, I don't think I described reckless cowboys etc etc
I think Clinton would have bombed just about anything just as Bush Jr did
and a very important reason to do this is not because they have any idea what exactly they are bombing but because (the majority of) the US citizens expects their president to react this way

not only the US citizens feel this way, people all over the world feel this way
personally I don't see that much wrong with the US doing that
we can talk about it all day and night but you are the only world power left
if the US doesn't react to these kinds of things nobody will

but it's good to see my post being judged as typical blind hatred towards the US
it helps me to understand how elaborate my posts should be over here to prevent people to jumping to conclusions already formed in their mind before I even post anything

(thanks for also adding a little abuse towards my country
a country you clearly know near to nothing about
I knew you'd understand)

Slomey, I was just about to say something similar. I guessed from your 1st post you were referring to the bombing. Not America, not the specific prez etc etc.
In the same vein, I sincerely doubt Dr Teeth was comparing Bush TO Hitler, more comparing the relationship that Bush has with Blair to that of Mussolini/Hitler. Different things. No one is accusing your prez of being Hitler like.

And lets stop the Europe bashing. If we cant, then no one complain the next time someone raises a doubt about America. Its the same thing kids.

it's degenarated because someone seems to think that the US is a bunch of war mongering barbarians who look for oppurtunities to kill people for no reason.

thank you Arun
you make me feel special
even though you obviously don't even read my posts

but hey
as long as we are all having fun

Arun V said:
it's degenarated because someone seems to think that the US is a bunch of war mongering barbarians who look for oppurtunities to kill people for no reason.

that's not what he said.

salome:
Clinton would have realised that his popularity would go through the roof by bombing just about anything that one could possible bomb out there and do just so

[paraphrase]clinton recognizes american people want action on this(and it would thus consequently help his popularity rating) so he took action by bombing the host nation of the suspected terrorist group.[/paraphrase]

Arun:
If the 9/11 attacks had been carried out against your country you'd understand the need for action.

[paraphrase]well that's what salome said isn't it? he just framed it within a prez's popularity rating rising.[/paraphrase]

Arun:
war mongering barbarians who look for oppurtunities to kill people for no reason.
Z edge:
reckless cowboys, war-mongering, bombastic

which thread are you guys reading? i don't see either of those statements in salomes post, either in evident or inferential form.

I think Salome may have been taken out of context. Are you guys sure that you're not just uber-sensitive and starting to see insinuations where they don't exist? :confused:

sulawesigirl4 said:
I think Salome may have been taken out of context. Are you guys sure that you're not just uber-sensitive and starting to see insinuations where they don't exist? :confused:

yep. everyone needs to chill.
or not.
it's up to you.

Arun V said:

and if your going to talk big do yourself a favor...get a nick that's a little more masculine. Salome..is a girls name

I've read enough of your posts

Salome said:
I'll take a guess

so what's the implication there...that the United states ppl support bombing countries for no reason??????

I will say this though...the only thing equally disgusting as that statement is diamonds unconditional ass kissing of republicans

Salome said:
thank you Arun
you make me feel special
even though you obviously don't even read my posts

but hey
as long as we are all having fun

Last edited:
Alright,now listen you little jackasses who will remain NAMELESS in this thread as I will attempt to bring some semblence of order back in this discussion here.:mad:

A certain fellow consistently makes unflattering/unsavory comments towards the US (who not by volunteering , but out of NECESSITY) has spearheaded the global war on terror. The world has RALLIED to the US's cause.
DEAL WITH IT.:yes:
Even Bono has RALLIED and endorsed this effort.:)(when MANY on these BOARDS almost a yr ago said Bono would remain neutral)-the self-appointed Bono spokes person crowd.-We all know them.:mad: They were WRONG.:)

Alot here have entered this disscusion w/politeness which is apprecited.:)

The topic was about GWs character to LEAD IN A CRISIS..which he is EXCELING AT. Much to the AGGRAVATION of SOME HERE, guess what?
YOU CANNOT take that from him. Deal with that.
:tongue:

And lastly some little guitar player needs to quell his tounge and work on his chords.;)
Hope this clarifies the issuses.

thank you
Peace
out-

diamond
:)

Achtung Bubba said:

Oh, and BUSH supports ISRAEL! How NAZI is that! 'Cause, y'know, when I think of the Fuhrer, I think "Zionist."

Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Looks like someone hasn't read my previous post about the use of the word 'NAZI'.

http://forum2.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46901&highlight=nazi

Let me give you some advice Bubba:

Two words not to use SO liberally: 'fucking' and 'nazi'

I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, but you really need to get your head outta the cave.

Achtung Bubba said:

Churchill had to clean up the mess made by his predecessor, a predecessor who did very little to effectively counter the ever-growing threats of a madman, and Churchill did so not by doing the easiest thing, but by doing the RIGHT thing.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!"

"Great harm has been done to us. We have suffered great loss. And in our grief and anger we have found our mission and our moment. Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation -- this generation -- will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."

Parallels between Bush and Churchill? I must be INSANE.

So you really think that GW Bush wrote those words himself? People get paid the big bucks to write for presidents.

Churchill, on the other hand, was a brilliant published historian who most likely did use his own material.

The politial "machine" has changed quite a bit since Churchill's time. US presidents now take all the blames as well as all the glory when in reality there is a cast of people to blame/praise. If GW Bush is achieveing some success he has a lot of people to thank for it. He is smart enough to allow others to assist him in important decision making. ie "war on terror" Trust me, he's not running that show.

Arun V said:

If you looking for a reason to slam the US.....find another one salome...this one has been done before ( please paste sound of beating of dead horse). You seem to love to bash the US....but you never seem to come up with any alternatives to what the US is doing in the war on terror....why is that???

Excuse me?
How is commenting on how US politicians react to US citizens a form of US bashing? It's not. I would have said the same thing. The smell in the air after 9/11 was that MOST people here DID want someone, anyone, anything bombed as a show of our power, anger, and emotions.

Before you accuse someone publicly of US bashing, or anything else, please be prepared to have facts to back up your claims.

As for the personal attack on salome's nickname.... stand down or I'll start asking what exactly qualifies you as only HALF a rock star... lol.

And for anyone ELSE making such accusations about salome, or ANY other member of this forum, without something factual to back yourself up.... consider this for you also.

WildHoneyAlways said:

US presidents now take all the blames as well as all the glory when in reality there is a cast of people to blame/praise. If GW Bush is achieveing some success he has a lot of people to thank for it. He is smart enough to allow others to assist him in important decision making. ie "war on terror" Trust me, he's not running that show.

As well he shouldn't be 'running the show'.. He's compiled a great great cast around him.. Cheney, Powell.. C. Rice.. Rumsfeld.. I mean.. this man is surrounded by some of the most competent people in the world.. However, he is at the top of the chain.. That's teh reason he's president.. The Leader. Running the show.. He'd be an idiot to think he had some other worldly sort of wisdom that most tyrants assume they have.. But 'In Charge of The Show', he most certainly is..

I reference his speech on the MidEast Peace Process the other day.. if you have any question who is in charge.. though I would rather say 'America is In Charge' on that one.. I guess they are melding to become one..

L.Unplugged

This just in...Bushie is a one-termer just like his da-da!

You see, at the END of the day (election day 2004) the economy really does matter and this administration has done everything in it's power to ruin it. Additionally, around election time voters tend to focus on the REAL issues facing our country, i.e. affordable and accessible healthcare for EVERYONE, shoring up Social Security/Medicare, the environment, gun control, crime, jobs, etc.

Bushie has a horrific agenda and track record on all of these issues and his inability to articulate any ideas/plans he may have will also hinder him in the general election.

Bushie "bushwhacked" the voters once...he won't get away with it again. He and his administration can only milk this "war" on terrorism for so long...

You Clinton bashers amuse me...you can't attack his record so you launch attacks on his character! Need I remind you that Mr. Clinton gave us 8 years of unprecedented economic growth, a balanced budget, economic surpluses, a reduction in violent crime, welfare reform, meaniful and targeted tax cuts to those who REALLY needed them (YOU!!!), tighter environmental controls, etc etc.

As for this liberal media bias...countless independent studies confirm it doesn't exist...except in the minds of right-wing conspiratists. But to my conservative foes may I suggest you simply tune your TV's to Fox News Channel...perhaps the most conservatively biased station ever created...can't actually remember the last time they ever had a moderate to liberal view on there. So much for their claims of being "fair and balanced".

Now , now Mr. Someone.
I will give credit to Mr Clinton when it is due.:)
He listened well.
He was a smart politician.
He worked w/the Republican Congress and signed alot of the bills sponsered by them:):yes:
But then he would take credit for them afterwards claiming they were "his idea"(welfare reform ect).:ohmy:-Character issue:tongue:

Simutaneously our military was becoming weaker while he was in office..remember HIS WORDS-"I LOATHED THE MILITARY"..making our country MORE VULERNABLE to mad-men.:sad:

I bet you a sodie pop that GW will be re-elected in 2004..due to his character.:)

Diamond

diamond said:
bet you a sodie pop that GW will be re-elected in 2004..due to his character.:)

if he does get re-elected it doesn't necessarily mean people voted for his "character." in times of war and conflict people look for consistency/stability in office. i don't think his character has anything to do with it.

diamond said:

I bet you a sodie pop that GW will be re-elected in 2004..due to his character.:)

Diamond

I'll bet you more than a 'sodie pop' that he won't... unless of course he has other family members that are governors.

And, as per you're purely republican diatribe, I'm sure you're PROUD of Bush's environmental policies (or lack there of) and how he is destroying some of the most beautiful land in the world, not to mention.. our oceans.

Lose the politics and siding with on side or another, and look around you. Our country is in the worst shape it has been for the past 12+ yrs. If you like it the way it is... I'd say that you have INCREDIBLY low standards for quality of life, both human and otherwise.

the USA isn't that much better than a third world country. there are huge gaps between the rich and the poor.

before you bash canada, ask yourselves this:

are there any programs to help the less fortunate? welfare? education programs?

are there beds for the homeless? in montreal, there is a bed for every homeless person. whether they choose to use them is their choice.

what about a health care system? in canada, there are PUBLIC and PRIVATE health care systems.

as far as standards of living are concerned, canada is a better place to live--we are only beaten by norway.

My beverage of choice=Diet Coke.:yes: : -for the record to be collected from you in due time.:)

The point is ..that HE HAS THE CHARACTER TO LEAD:yes: in a time of WAR, whilst his predecessor did not:no:-check approval ratings during miltary operations..

Once you get over THAT I will gladly help some of you re-register as sexy republicans.;)

And Madamac-I beg to differ.
You sound silly..the average person in poverty HERE has 2.5 televisions in their homes..some even a computer.

And even w/the best medical treatment offered in Canada..MOST Canadaians opt to come to the USA for the most ADVANCED medical care.

Elvis I just drove 1500 miles thru-out our country..it doesnt look better or worse that 12 yrs ago.:)

thank you-
diamond

Last edited:
Elvis said:

...Bush's environmental policies (or lack there of) and how he is destroying some of the most beautiful land in the world, not to mention.. our oceans.

probably my #1 gripe with the prez

Elvis said:

I'll bet you more than a 'sodie pop' that he won't... unless of course he has other family members that are governors.

In case you forgot, after the official recount was finished George W. Bush won anyway, no matter what type of lies and voter-fraud they tried to stick to his brother or Mrs. Harris.

And, as per you're purely republican diatribe, I'm sure you're PROUD of Bush's environmental policies (or lack there of) and how he is destroying some of the most beautiful land in the world, not to mention.. our oceans.

If you are referring to America as some of the most beautiful land in the world, I wonder what is it he has done to try and destroy it. Could it be that big 747 he flies around in that guzzles all of the toxic JP8 fuel? That was Clinton's plane for 8 years too. What about all the gas wasted for the President's lack of carpooling in his motorcade? (Clinton is also guilty here) Or maybe he just plain likes oil. (you guessed it)

To reverse the effects of what we are "told" (by liberal scientists with flawed logic too btw) is going on here, to this and all of the beautiful lands, we are all in need of a big change. Because we are all guilty, :yes:not just the republicans. That means you too Mr. Web-Designer. Perhaps without electricity our land would still be destroyed (damage already done no?) but we wouldn't have this forum to look at:)

Lose the politics and siding with on side or another, and look around you. Our country is in the worst shape it has been for the past 12+ yrs.

Yes it is, and thankfully we are at least going to iron out the security issues and then get the economy back that took a dive as the Clinton administration was stealing the W's off the white house keyboards and raiding the VP's house of antique furniture.

If you like it the way it is...
I'd say that you have INCREDIBLY low standards for quality of life, both human and otherwise.

Kinda harsh??????

diamond said:
My beverage of choice=Diet Coke.:yes: : -for the record to be collected from you in due time.:)

The point is ..that HE HAS THE CHARACTER TO LEAD:yes: in a time of WAR, whilst his predecessor did not:no:-check approval ratings during miltary operations..

Once you get over THAT I will gladly help some of you re-register as sexy republicans.;)

thank you-
diamond

You totally ignored everything I stated, like most politicians... avoiding facts that cant be disputed... and then turning it all into a joke. pathetic.

W has the character to snort coke and have his brother shaft a democratic election process. But those things never happened did they Dave? Neither did the holocaust, Kosovo, or the Japanese incampment... right? lol.

Ignornance is BLISS, but only for those that are ignorant.
(general statement, not intended directly at you Dave)

Back
Top Bottom