Is this good enough reason to Close or Secure the border more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/borderstory0104-CR.html

Guardsmen overrun at the Border

12 News
Jan. 4, 2007 02:44 PM

National Guard unit stormed while patroling the border
Border attack raises security concerns

A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.

According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat. advertisement

The Border Patrol will not say whether shots were fired. However, no Guardsmen were injured in the incident.

The Border Patrol says the incident occurred somewhere along the 120 mile section of the border between Nogales and Lukeville. The area is known as a drug corridor. Last year, 124-thousand pounds of illegal drugs were confiscated in this area.

The Border patrol says the attackers quickly retreated back into Mexico.

If We had secured the border along time ago and setup a Guest Worker program this would not be happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ud8_WlFY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QpEGVcjVBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfFgkfGa7X8&mode=related&search=

But....I thought that's why the National Guard was there, to keep the border secure. From what you posted it sounds like they got the job done. The attackers retreated and were not injured.

If they were unsuccessful and there were numerous incidents like this, then yes we may need more security, but it sounds like the National Guard did their job.

Justin24 said:

If We had secured the border along time ago and setup a Guest Worker program this would not be happening.

You can't say this with absolution. A guest work program would be great, but it's a complete other issue than this paticular article.

So this incident still does not deter you from deporting illegals or giving them amnesty?

I am just saying. To bad non were captured to see who they work for. (It could range from Military, Drug Runners, or Zapatistas, or Terrorist which would then make this a top priority for the new Democratic, Senate and Congress)

Justin24 said:
I am just saying. To bad non were captured to see who they work for. (It could range from Military, Drug Runners, or Zapatistas, or Terrorist which would then make this a top priority for the new Democratic, Senate and Congress)

You're blurring so many issues here. None of this above has anything to do with deportation.

And your suggestion of them maybe being terrorist or Mexican military is nothing but conspiracy theory trying to heighten the fear.

Liesje, got it right, the job was successful. What else do you want?

Justin24 said:
This should not have happened in the First Place.

Well duh, but what does that have to do with the National Guard? We can't make laws in Mexico. If they want to punish people for picking fights at our border, that's their business.

Did you watch the Videos??

I wan't Mexico to start doing something about there people, instead of dumping them on us. No wonder nothing gets done down there. I also blame our government for not enforcing the laws of the land. I am sure one of the reasons mexico loves helping them learn how to cross the border is all the kick back they get when people send money back home.

The illegal immigrants who come here say they want respect, yet they dont show it by crossing in here illegally and then we have incidents like this. I bet if they killed any of those attackers there would be an uproar in here and in mexico about us being savages, when they were defending themselves from an attack.

Justin24 said:

I wan't Mexico to start doing something about there people, instead of dumping them on us.

Fair enough, but first you said we need to increase border patrol. Not so. They did their job, so the system works. The "National" Guard exists to protect homeland security, not enforce laws in Mexico.

I know they dont enforce the laws of mexico. Mexico needs to grow a pair of balls and stop being whiney bitches when we enforce ours. They need a huge restructre of there laws and how the flow of illegal immigration into our country is hurting them now, because of a wall that will be built and more.

And most of the Minute Men who you claim are racist are decent hard working people who care about there country, unlike the mexican government. With there high unemployeement rate.

Justin24 said:
I know they dont enforce the laws of mexico. Mexico needs to grow a pair of balls and stop being whiney bitches when we enforce ours. They need a huge restructre of there laws and how the flow of illegal immigration into our country is hurting them now, because of a wall that will be built and more.
Grow a pair? Yes, it must be so easy to live in that economy. Those privelaged bitches need to quit their whining.

Justin24 said:

And most of the Minute Men who you claim are racist are decent hard working people who care about there country, unlike the mexican government. With there high unemployeement rate.

You should do some research, they aren't the patriotic saints you make them out to be. They are lawbreakers, you should be consitent and punish them. Yet you have a hard time being consistent, don't you?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Grow a pair? Yes, it must be so easy to live in that economy. Those privelaged bitches need to quit their whining.

You should do some research, they aren't the patriotic saints you make them out to be. They are lawbreakers, you should be consitent and punish them. Yet you have a hard time being consistent, don't you?

1. I was telling there government to grow a pair.

2. Carrying a weapon??? It's not lawbreaking if they have permits. Illegals steal people ID's look what happened in Denver. They could ruin peoples credit and other incedents, but thats ok, because there hard workers who work cheap right?

Liesje said:
But....I thought that's why the National Guard was there, to keep the border secure. From what you posted it sounds like they got the job done. The attackers retreated and were not injured.

If they were unsuccessful and there were numerous incidents like this, then yes we may need more security, but it sounds like the National Guard did their job.

The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat.

Doesn't sound like they did their job to me. If they need more people, firepower or authorization to shoot back then they should get it.

mattgerth said:

Doesn't sound like they did their job to me. If they need more people, firepower or authorization to shoot back then they should get it.

It also says the attackers retreated and were not hurt. I would rather have the guardsmen retreat than just open fire and start chaos. If a group came at me with guns, I'd try retreating before open firing.

Justin24 said:

2. Carrying a weapon??? It's not lawbreaking if they have permits.

It's not legal to carry a gun with the intent of shooting someone who crosses the border. Take a look at the facts and the law.

Justin24 said:

Illegals steal people ID's look what happened in Denver. They could ruin peoples credit and other incedents, but thats ok, because there hard workers who work cheap right?

Why do you keep using this weak-ass argument? Do you realize the percentage of ID theft committed by illegals is less than 5%?

Liesje said:

It also says the attackers retreated and were not hurt. I would rather have the guardsmen retreat than just open fire and start chaos. If a group came at me with guns, I'd try retreating before open firing.

HAHAHA LMAO what are you French. Soldiers DON'T retreat! If they did then what wold be the point of having them!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

We aren't at war with Mexico!

who said anything about a war? The little fuckers are invading our country and shooting at and overrunning our troops at the border forcing them to retreat deeper into our own country and you find this acceptable because they eventually gave up and went back to Mexico! Maybe we can lay down the guns and give them all a big hug!

mattgerth said:

HAHAHA LMAO what are you French. Soldiers DON'T retreat! If they did then what wold be the point of having them!

They're not war soldiers, they are the National Guard. Since when are we at war with Mexico? What would be the point of having them stand there and open fire without any information or tactical plan? Retreating during war, when you are on the offensive is different than a surprise attack on a border post.

Either way, the gunsmen left back to Mexico, no one was killed or injured. The article doesn't even say whether shots were fired from either side. Job done.

mattgerth said:

who said anything about a war? The little fuckers are invading our country and shooting at and overrunning our troops at the border forcing them to retreat deeper into our own country and you find this acceptable because they eventually gave up and went back to Mexico! Maybe we can lay down the guns and give them all a big hug!

Again, the article did not state whether any shots were even fired.

mattgerth said:

So, no one got hurt and they weren't allowed into our country, and somehow that isn't good enough? Why, because no one was killed?:rolleyes:

Liesje said:

Again, the article did not state whether any shots were even fired.

unknown number of gunmen attacked

What were the guns for then?
Would you be okay with gunmen entering your house and forcing you out AS LONG AS THEY EVENTUALLY LEFT?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

And sorry, but your house analogy doesn't work.:|

Why not? Enlighten me.

Again What were the guns for if they didn't plan on using them?

Back
Top Bottom