Is this good enough reason to Close or Secure the border more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

I guess this is your way of avoiding the discussion...:|

I apologize,That was very rude of me.My point of view was just a point of view.I should not have gotten mad when you called me a hypocrite.I had a few beers the other night and was in a bad mood.

The immigration problem will not be solved by a wall but it's a good start.Take care.

You could definitely allocate the money better than towards a stupid wall.

If you need the wall, will it be Israeli style with just a high wall, or rather East German style with a field of mines, patrols and watchtowers?

Sorry, but I think to shut your borders with a wall or fence really isn't doing the job, and it shouldn't be used nowadays as it's not solving any problems.
We should start thinking of sustainable developments, not short-sighted wall building.

u2fan628 said:

I apologize,That was very rude of me.My point of view was just a point of view.I should not have gotten mad when you called me a hypocrite.I had a few beers the other night and was in a bad mood.

The immigration problem will not be solved by a wall but it's a good start.Take care.

The term 'hypocrite' wasn't aimed specifically towards you, it was a term used for those who enjoy the benefits such as lower construction cost and produce but then bitch about these illegals in our country.

And the wall is a horrible start, show me a wall in history that has been beneficial, show me how the cost will be effective.

Plus, who will build it?

Vincent Vega said:
You could definitely allocate the money better than towards a stupid wall.

If you need the wall, will it be Israeli style with just a high wall, or rather East German style with a field of mines, patrols and watchtowers?

Sorry, but I think to shut your borders with a wall or fence really isn't doing the job, and it shouldn't be used nowadays as it's not solving any problems.
We should start thinking of sustainable developments, not short-sighted wall building.

:up:

Vincent Vega said:
Would be interesting if the wall, or fence, was built by illegals :D

I bet in some way you wish you still had that wall.Minus the communism and guns pointed at you.What I mean is,when the wall came down the results were not all good.were they?

That wasn't really meant seriously :)
It was just because you mentioned it should be built by Union workers, and I thought it would be very ironic if illegals built a wall to keep themselve out.

I don't want to write about the wall that much, because it would fill a book to elaborate on the pros and cons, and the reasons why it now is like it is.

Just, I don't want this wall back, and I don't want a divided Germany again.
And why should I want a wall, if everything else stayed the same?

I got born in the north of Germany, or West Germany. That means, they didn't point a gun at me. But they did point a gun, and not only that, they even killed them, against other Germans who just wanted to escape the oppression and the everyday control by the state.
They didn't want to be suspicious of everybody - neighbour, family members, friends of the children or whomever - to be reporting to the Stasi.

When they escaped they still had to be afraid of some Stasi agent to kill or kidnap them.

I don't want anything like this ever again.

Of course the results of the wall coming down weren't all good economically. But for different reasons:
First: The state was bankrupt, the infrastructure hundred years back and their economy and industry at least 50 years back. They really didn't have anything.
Second: Our politicians srewed the whole thing up additionally. They told everybody, we would pay that out of our pocket money very well knowing that it will be way too expensive to just pay it with some money out of the retirement funds.
But they did, and they didn't only tell that, they even did so.
Then of course companies from Western Germany didn't want to have to compete with Eastern German companies, and they didn't care about "fairness".
So they used their influence so that the trust that was created to organise the transformation of the former GDR couldn't do much more than selling all East German factories that could be used to companies to the West, and those that weren't useful anymore were closed.

The whole region just got left on its own, with no resources, especially money and economical power, to catch up with the West.

When it was too late our Government finally realised that it wouldn't work out that way and started to get some more money into the East. Additionally the EU discovered the Eastern parts of Germany as a bit needy and then started to assess this part of Germany.

Now the East slowly can catch up with the rest of Germany, but some parts will still be left out since it isn't economical favorable to invest in there.

Of course the results weren't all good, and who ever believed it would be just all good was a dreamer.

But this is no, and will never be, a reason to seriously want the wall back, or regret that we reunited.

Which doesn't mean, that we don't joke about it and say: "The wall should come back, but this time three meters higher."

:wink:

u2fan628 said:

I bet in some way you wish you still had that wall.Minus the communism and guns pointed at you.What I mean is,when the wall came down the results were not all good.were they?

I'm glad Vincent answered you before I saw this post. For the ignorance in your post is just unbelievable.:|

Thanks Vincent for bringing some true perspective to light.

No problem. It is ignorant, but compared to some comments people make regarding World War II it's harmless.

Thank you Mr. Vega for your excellent answer to my ignorant question.Exactly what part of my question was ignorant?All i said in short was not every thing was good about the wall coming down,except there was no more guns or communism.

I bet in some way you wish you still had that wall.

I don't know what you base this bet on, then.

And, I mean, why did the wall exist?
Simply because it was a communist state and all the people tried to escape to the West.
No communist state=No wall

Back
Top Bottom