Is this a peace list??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Two members of my local peace group are threatening each other with lawsuits! The two have been feuding over which direction the group is going to take with this year's general election, with one wanting to support Kerry and the other group wanting to support either Nader or Kucinich. I never thought it'd come to this ugliness. I'm so disgusted I signed off. I'm tired of the high-horse "progressive" arrogance that generated this dispute. It is interesting that a highly diverse group like FYM is more mature and thoughtful than a "preach-to-the-choir" liberal group. "Peace" group my ass. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Kucinich, is, of course, mathematically out. He's still trying to put some sort of "progressive" pressure on Kerry, and he ran in the recent Alabama primary. One of these people ran as a Kucinich delegate. It's a bad joke. The ironic thing is that initially, I liked Kucinich the best on the issues. I also didn't think he was electable, and I wanted someone who was more electable. I thought it might be Clark, but in the end Kerry was OK with me. Not great, mind you, but acceptable nonetheless. I was never involved in any of the more adversarial situations, because to me politics is ideas, not this perverse "my opponent is a crud" garbage that people get so hung up on. That side of politics *really* gets on my nerves. Our state, of course, is a solid Bush state. I'll drop dead from shock if he doesn't carry it easily, even if he doesn't win the election. Therefore our votes really won't count. The whole thing is so f:censored:d up. This is the damnedest situation I've ever seen in politics. And it's only June. Whew! I'm taking a vacation from local politics while I get over this stupid virus, and then I'm going to work with the state Democratic party to stay away from the :censored: cult-of-personality jerks.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I had someone attack me on the street the other day here in Chicago...I can't remember what group he was from exactly. He was trying to get people to sign up for Greenpeace and a human rights society, but they were also trying to get people to sign a petition to get Nader on the ballot. Now Greenpeace and human rights are issues I can stand behind and I have no problem with that and I told him I had been a member of Greenpeace, so then he hands me the petition for Nader and I told him I couldn't sign it. So then he started getting all preachy and calling me a hypocrite and what not. I tried to explain to him that I believe Nader will hurt Kerry's chances and that will allow Bush to win. It's a sad fact and I wish that wasn't the reality but I can't chance it and have Bush win...I'd rather have Pee Wee Herman as my president. But this guy wouldn't quit and finally I had to just walk away for he started to raise his voice and cause a scene.

I know exactly how you feel this isn't the way to go about your politics and I think it really hurts "the image" of your movement be it a conservative or liberal one.

That's really bad. That person had no business acting like an ass when you didn't want to sign Nader's petition. These Kucinich people will just not let anyone disagree with them, and neither will the Nader people. They're showing their true colors, perhaps. It's a f:censored:g mess. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Seems like there's often a lot of fighting among smaller political groups. The Conservative students group at a college my friend goes to completely fell apart when the guy who lost an election to be the chairman of the group claimed that the guy who won had been intimidating voters before the election. There were only six people voting (Conservatives aren't that popular on college campuses :lol: ) to begin with and one of them was the brother of the guy who won. Corruption!

They're "blaming" Kucinich's loss on everyone but themselves. It's the press, they claim. The press screwed him. They'll never admit the guy *lost*. We supposedly were dumb enough to believe the "corporate" press, who screw all of the good guys. Dammit, there's something wrong with politics in the U.S. and maybe the democratic West as a whole if this :censored: is also going on in Europe. Too many blame games and guilt trips. I flat out told the woman that I wasn't going to prove anything because it's not my job. That's life. You can't always win. Hell, my candidate (Clark) didn't win. Did I blame anyone? No. That's life. On the whole his supporters were very mature about the whole thing. Kucinich supporters have been a pain in the ass all year. They still are. At the rate they're going no one is going to listen to them in Boston. I'm sorry folks, but I am pissed off at this pettiness and plain stupidity. At least the local Kerry campaign has dignity. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
I won't hang any more of my dirty laundry here. I just can't believe this is going on. It's really kind of shocking.

sue4u2 said:
I know what you mean verte. I've backed off from alot of the saturation of news and retoric. I'm getting burned out and it is only June.

I'm thinking of starting a "Burned Out on Politics" list myself. :wink: This is turning into the most insane campaign ever.

Klaus said:
:lol: yeah a good advice:
it can NEVER ever be your fault if something bad hapens you didn't expect it must be the enemy, can't be your misjudgement :wink:

Personal responsibility dies along time ago.

If I get flamed for my comments, it is Klaus' fault. After all, I was only replying to his comment. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom