Is there an afterlife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't believe that hell would involve relationships of any kind. With dead rock stars, with televangelists, with Satan, or anyone else. Relationships provide us with companionship, comfort, and most importantly love. Hell is devoid of love, and therefore I think it would be more accurate to envision an existance of complete isolation. Of course, as it has been stated, hell could just mean that you cease to exist, period.

financeguy said:

We have the Christian channel here on digital TV now but only relatively recently

Oh, you poor, poor people.... :(

When my grandmother died she had been proclaimed clinically dead once already about a day before but the doctors brought her back.

Talking to her after she was brought back was like talking to someone from a different world. She was talking about people she had spoken to recently - who were dead. She told my aunt how she, my grandmother, had spoken to my aunts mother. And my aunts mother was dead and they had never spoken much before because my grandmother didn't speak english and my aunt's mother didn't speak spanish. So when my aunt told me these things I was very touched by it.

It seemed so surreal. My grandmother would never fake this sort of thing and I don't think it really was a result of medication.

We really don't know what is after. I wish I knew for sure. But if this story, which really happened, proves anything is that there must be something.

I don't want you guys to think I'm nuts, but I have gotten messages from the departed. Perhaps you've just never lost anyone close enough to you to contact you.

Yes I do believe in the afterlife, what form it takes I'm not sure. I even believe in it for pets. I couldn't stand to live in a world where there was no hope of this, and I'd hate to be someone who couldn't believe.

BrownEyedBoy said:
When my grandmother died she had been proclaimed clinically dead once already about a day before but the doctors brought her back.

Talking to her after she was brought back was like talking to someone from a different world. She was talking about people she had spoken to recently - who were dead. She told my aunt how she, my grandmother, had spoken to my aunts mother. And my aunts mother was dead and they had never spoken much before because my grandmother didn't speak english and my aunt's mother didn't speak spanish. So when my aunt told me these things I was very touched by it.

It seemed so surreal. My grandmother would never fake this sort of thing and I don't think it really was a result of medication.

We really don't know what is after. I wish I knew for sure. But if this story, which really happened, proves anything is that there must be something.

BrownEyedBoy-

Thanks for sharing your story.

Events like these are extremly common in a near death experience.(NDE)

This is what your grandma experienced.:)

Little children who don't lie tell of meeting other people on the other side-(paradise/heaven) when pronounced dead and then are brought back to life by medical doctors.

These same children go on to tell in explicit detail of who was in the room the day thay died and details about the people trying to resuscitate them.
They go on to tell of the performing Dr's and nurses clothing, hair pieces, jewelry etc, the day they were working on them trying to resuscitate them.

I believe these stories to be credible and the next world that we enter to be:

-much more fair
-far more beautiful
-and to have much more joy, joy than is incomprehensible.

db9

Last edited:
The thought that there's no life after death, as in we cease to exist, sounds depressing. That means our lives had no meaning, and we're all just wandering through life without any point to it.

I believe there has to be an afterlife. If we are all connected to something bigger and higher in this world, why would we not be after we die?

Last edited:
Thanks Diamond :hug: Brown Eyed Boy :hug:

Pearl- I agree too!

Even Nikki Sixx of Motley Crew had an out of body experience after a herion overdose. He said he saw his body being worked on outside by ambulance paramedics, and he was above it looking down at the scene. When they brought him back, he floated back down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom