Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:

from a Republican? seriously?

I was thinking that during the last debate when McCain started going on about small government and cutting spending. I think it’s so blindingly obvious that Republicans completely take their guns’n’god’n’god bless America base for a ride, whip them up for votes once every four years and totally ignore them otherwise, but I don’t really think that’s all that interesting because, lets be honest, they’re best left ignored. I do think though that the more intelligent end of the Republican spectrum by now must surely not be sitting there taking the small government/cut spending promises seriously anymore. And if not, just how many times will a Republican candidate have to get up there and go on and on about that only to do the exact opposite on a record scale before Republicans WILL stop believing it?

oh, look, Palin's pimpin' out one of her kids! only this time, it's so she doesn't get booed at Flyers game.

Palin drops puck to boos, cheers
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 2:32 PM by Mark Murray
Filed Under: 2008, Palin

From NBC/NJ's Matthew E. Berger
PHILADELPHIA -- A healthy mix of boos and cheers greeted Palin last night as she dropped the ceremonial first puck for the Philadelphia Flyers season -- with an assist from her youngest daughter.

For days, blogs and Web sites had suggested Palin’s appearance would be met mostly with jeers. But Palin received a mixed reaction as she joined the winner of the team’s “Ultimate Hockey Mom” contest, Cathy O’Connell from Erdenheim, Pa.

Perhaps it was Palin’s youngest daughter, Piper, who emerged with her in a Flyers jersey, which helped mollify the crowd. The Alaska governor had even foreshadowed the tactic earlier in the day.

“I’ve been warned that Flyers fans, they get so enthused, that they boo everybody at the drop of the puck,” she said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Saturday afternoon. “But what I thought I’d do is I’d put Piper in a Flyers jersey, bring her out with me. How dare they boo Piper!”

Palin stepped from the team tunnel and out onto a black carpet with Piper and middle daughter Willow and walked across center ice. Some fans clapped, while others booed or held their thumbs pointed down. She shook hands with O’Connell and Flyers captain Mike Richards, and gave a kiss to Rangers assistant captain Scotty Gomez, a native Alaskan.

Palin knelt down, posed for photos with the players and O’Connell and dropped the puck with her simultaneously. She then shook the players’ hands again and walked off into the tunnel.

Palin watched part of the game in a skybox and also gave interviews to Comcast SportsNet and ESPN.

stay classy, Ms. Palin. :up:

Philly fans boo those who earn it. She earned it.

I'm pissed that Ed Snider would try to make a political statement here, but then again I'm not a big Snider fan or Palin fan, so I'm biased anyway.

Lucky for her, they played the music as she entered at a very high volume so you could barely here the noise on the ice. According to people actually in the crowd though, it was mostly boos with a few cheers.

See as a senator, John has confronted the corrupt ways of Washington. And the wasteful spending. And the abuses of power. As president, he’s going to end those once and for all.

Oh the irony.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great and all but the thing that really bugs me is if Obama was booed at an event like this all we would hear for days and days would be screams of RACISM from the media. Tell me I'm wrong. And don't be snarky and tell me no one would boo him.

no one would boo him.

There's nothing particularly extreme about booing, especially at a sports event.

Can you pick out the key word? :)

Obama would not get booed like Sarah Palin got booed. That's not snark, that's reality.

Obama would likely get booed in Texas, Arizona, Alaska and buttfuck, Kansas......

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin accidentally mistook some of her own fans for protesters Monday.

A massive crowd of at least 20,000 spread across the parking lot of Richmond International Raceway. Many on the outer periphery, more than 100 yards from the stage, couldn't hear.

They started chanting, "Louder! Louder!" Palin thought they were protesters, looked toward them and said, "I hope those protesters have the courage and honor to give veterans thanks for their right to protest."

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin accidentally mistook some of her own fans for protesters Monday.

A massive crowd of at least 20,000 spread across the parking lot of Richmond International Raceway. Many on the outer periphery, more than 100 yards from the stage, couldn't hear.

They started chanting, "Louder! Louder!" Palin thought they were protesters, looked toward them and said, "I hope those protesters have the courage and honor to give veterans thanks for their right to protest."

Besides how funny the misunderstanding is, I find it quite interesting that Palin's first reaction to the "protestors" is to essentially question their patriotism.

And here I thought she was promising change from the past 8 years.

That's great and all but the thing that really bugs me is if Obama was booed at an event like this all we would hear for days and days would be screams of RACISM from the media. Tell me I'm wrong. And don't be snarky and tell me no one would boo him.

You're wrong. Why do you think she got booed?

You're wrong. Why do you think she got booed?

SOME of you guys (and gals) in here are pathetic in your partisan bias...are you seriously telling me that there is "No one" who would boo Obama...get serious. Please, I thought you were smarter than that. Maybe I was wrong about a few of you. Don't let your enthusiasm for Obama destroy your common sense.:doh:

SOME of you guys (and gals) in here are pathetic in your partisan bias...are you seriously telling me that there is "No one" who would boo Obama...get serious. Please, I thought you were smarter than that. Maybe I was wrong about a few of you. Don't let your enthusiasm for Obama destroy your common sense.:doh:

I'm pretty sure the people who wrote no one would boo Obama were just trying to get your goat, HV. Seems to have worked. ;)

There's nothing particularly extreme about booing, especially at a sports event.

Especially in Philly.

Most politicians would get booed in Philly at a sporting event. Obama and Biden would be exceptions, though, because a lot of people like the former and the latter is a local guy.

I even think McCain's reaction would be mixed. Nobody likes Palin, though, and a lot of people were pissed that Ed Snider made the opener a political statement.

You take the words too literally.

At an event like the Flyers home opener, most would cheer. Thus, those that would boo would either:

a. Get drowned out.
b. Choose not to because they knew they would get drowned out.

Thus, the media would report that he got a good reception because what you would hear is cheering.

I think it's your bias that is getting the best of you... Of course no one is literally saying "no one" would boo Obama but it wouldn't be like this scenario. I ask you again, why do you think Palin was booed?

I think it's your bias that is getting the best of you... Of course no one is literally saying "no one" would boo Obama but it wouldn't be like this scenario. I ask you again, why do you think Palin was booed?

His bias? What bias? He's repeatedly claimed to be an Obama supporter.

His bias? What bias? He's repeatedly claimed to be an Obama supporter.

Yes but have you noticed he has a very strong bias against anyone who has any criticism towards Palin? He writes every single critique off as bias, or "you're completely wrong".

He either has a crush on her, or he wants to be able to tell everyone "I told you so" about his Palin prediction thread... or a combination of the two.

Well now it seems that the baby daddy of Bristol Palin has decided to quit high school with one year left, something he'll need for the rest of his life to go out and work. I don't find that admirable I find it stupid. Are there really no family members willing to help out for the next 7 months so this boy can get an education to support his family for the rest of their lives?

Well now it seems that the baby daddy of Bristol Palin has decided to quit high school with one year left, something he'll need for the rest of his life to go out and work. I don't find that admirable I find it stupid. Are there really no family members willing to help out for the next 7 months so this boy can get an education to support his family for the rest of their lives?

Just imagine his level of crucifixion by the AM talk radio heads had his mom been a dem.

You mean there are no "pro-life" organizations to help those kids out? Or, like always, is their concern only for a fetus and not the parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom