Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today:

COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Holy shit.

I don't see a stupid person...just someone who appears to be way out of her league. Not that that's not scary enough.

I don't see a stupid person...just someone who appears to be way out of her league. Not that that's not scary enough.

I have to disagree - I really do think that she's genuinely unintelligent.

I don't say that because she didn't go to Harvard Law or Johns Hopkins Med School and I don't even say it because she is uninformed. I say it because when I hear her and watch her answering questions and her mannerisms, she isn't even quick on her feet. She doesn't seem able to think ahead and anticipate questions, she doesn't seem able to parse the questions, and she dumbly parrots talking points almost word for word without regard to the question at hand.

There is nothing really wrong with this - we can't all be Isaac Newton. But she should be at the very least as smart as the top 10-15% of the population - that is at a minimum. I have no doubt that she is not.

For a mayor of Wasilla, that may be adequate. For a woman who could be the leader of the free world, it is frightening.

Liberals tried that crap with W, for the past 8 years. It didn't work.

Yeah, everyone thinks he's a genius.

W is stupid and so is Palin and I couldn't give a rat's ass about people calling me an elitist for saying so. Go ahead, I'll take it as a compliment.

"He's tended to side with the less regulation."

"But he's also known as 'the Maverick.'"

Dear Lord, we're fucked.

I am dumbstruck by how empty her answers are. There is absolutely no substance to any of her answers. How could anybody be satisfied with her?

Couric: "Other than supporting stricter regulations on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac 2 years ago, can you give us any more examples of his leading the charge for more oversight?"

Palin: "I think that the example that you just cited with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie...that-that's paramount. That's more than a heckuva lot of other senators and representatives did for us."

Couric: "But he's been in congress for 26 years, he's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee, and he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more."

Palin: "He's also known as "The Maverick" though..."

:huh:

I am dumbstruck by how empty her answers are. There is absolutely no substance to any of her answers. How could anybody be satisfied with her?

:huh:

Kind reminds me of this guy who once ran for President, way back when. All the talk of the day was how dumb he was, a hick, redneck, can't answer questions properly, a clown, a b-actor...bedtime for bonzo...you guessed it...Ronald Reagan.

This is why she scares me.

I'm sure this was brought up -

But interesting how Obama and Biden are attacking Palin's "Bridge to Nowhere" thing, when in actuality, both candidates voted in favor of the Bridge to Nowhere.

So either they are hoping we don't notice, or they are doing what Democrats do best - flip flop.

See, Lewis Black says it best - Republicans have bad ideas, and Democrats have no ideas. I agree with that statement.

I disagree with the majority of Republican decisions, but I respect Republicans more than Dems because we at least know what their stance is on an issue.

Though, as a whole, I think Republicans are idiots, and Dems are just dumb.

But that's my opinion.

I'm sure this was brought up -

But interesting how Obama and Biden are attacking Palin's "Bridge to Nowhere" thing, when in actuality, both candidates voted in favor of the Bridge to Nowhere.

So either they are hoping we don't notice, or they are doing what Democrats do best - flip flop.

When did Obama or Biden run on a platform of "no more earmarks?"

The answer is never.

So what are they flip flopping on?

Palin, on the other hand, IS running on this platform. Which makes her a big, fat hypocrite.

The answer is never.

Palin, on the other hand, IS running on this platform. Which makes her a big, fat hypocrite.

They are BOTH hypocrites. Obama and Biden for voting in favor of it, then changing their mind. (Which sounds like a political move to me - just reverse it if Palin was attacking Obama and Biden when she had voted in favor of it.)

And Palin a hypocrite, as you said, for running this platform after having voted in favor of it.

All four of them can kiss my ass, as I think they are all idiots.

The answer is never.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for people to wrap their heads around...:shrug:

Yeah, everyone thinks he's a genius.

After he was in office for four years, W got nearly 51% of the vote and was re-elected to another four years in office. He helped his party increase the number of seats they held in the Senate and House of Representitives.

When was the last time a Democrat was re-elected with those results?

After he was in office for four years, W got nearly 51% of the vote and was re-elected to another four years in office. He helped his party increase the number of seats they held in the Senate and House of Representitives.

That's what we like to call a non-sequitur.

Polls don't indicate whether or not someone is intelligent. Actions and words do.

A man who was re-elected with the primary reason being that people would have preferred to have a beer with him as opposed to the other guy is probably not going to bode well when it comes to intellect.

They are BOTH hypocrites. Obama and Biden for voting in favor of it, then changing their mind. (Which sounds like a political move to me - just reverse it if Palin was attacking Obama and Biden when she had voted in favor of it.)

And Palin a hypocrite, as you said, for running this platform after having voted in favor of it.

All four of them can kiss my ass, as I think they are all idiots.

WHAT is the Obama and Biden hypocrisy on this issue? Pointing out Sarah Palin's? From what I know of their positions, there's absolutely no conflict between saying "earmark X is bad" and "despite that, the overall bill was good enough to vote for".

Link

(CNN) — McCain supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham tells CNN the McCain campaign is proposing to the Presidential Debate Commission and the Obama camp that if there's no bailout deal by Friday, the first presidential debate should take the place of the VP debate, currently scheduled for next Thursday, October 2 in St. Louis.

In this scenario, the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin would be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined, and take place in Oxford, Mississippi, currently slated to be the site of the first presidential faceoff this Friday.

Graham says the McCain camp is well aware of the position of the Obama campaign and the debate commission that the debate should go on as planned — but both he and another senior McCain adviser insist the Republican nominee will not go to the debate Friday if there's no deal on the bailout.

Reschedule the VP debate for an undetermined time? :laugh: I've heard this elsewhere but it's really true- Palin's like the kid who pulled the fire alarm because she didn't study for the final. I hope Biden stands up next to an empty podium, or invites Bob Barr's VP to join him.

I have been reading these threads, I have subscribed to them all, and from day one, I have been hoping to come to a better understanding of the politics of this world.
I read every single response and try hard, as someone who was never, ever interested in politics, never given tools to understand, and never really took an interest until now, to understand the jargon and reasoning of each figure.

I can seriously say now, that Sarah Palin has dummied herself down so much, that even I think we are fucked.
:lmao:

No shame...
I can bring home he bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never let you forget your a man... :flirt:
but God help us if these people (R) get elected.

Ok, I am passing this thread back to the eloquent people.
Whom by the way, I think are doing an amazing job...so thank you.

:bow:

Kind reminds me of this guy who once ran for President, way back when. All the talk of the day was how dumb he was, a hick, redneck, can't answer questions properly, a clown, a b-actor...bedtime for bonzo...you guessed it...Ronald Reagan.

This is why she scares me.

Does this not scare anyone else?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom