Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A precipitous drop in Sarah Palin’s approval may be helping to fuel Obama’s gains. Immediately after the convention 41% of Colorado voters said that her selection made them more likely to vote for John McCain, compared to 38% who said it made them less likely to do so. Since then there’s been a 12 point drop in her net favorability. Now just 38% say that she makes them more likely to vote for the Republican, with 47% saying they’re less likely to do so.

“Barack Obama has greatly increased his lead with independents since we last polled Colorado,” said Dean Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “It seems like the more voters have learned about Sarah Palin the less they’ve liked her, and that’s allowed Obama to open up the largest lead he’s shown in a PPP poll of Colorado.”

More than half (56%) of polled Colorado voters now say they are LESS likely to vote for McCain because of Palin.

Damn elitists.

More on this..... CNN apparently told McCain-Palin that if they weren't allowed to have an actual reporter there, they wouldn't broadcast it at all:

It infuriates me that people think she's being unfairly treated and then shit like this goes on.

They are acting like the current administration already. :cute:

on a serious note:

all you Palin fans. are you at all bothered by the fact that she has never held a press conference since she was selected as the VP? do you want to know more about her? are you concerned by the fact that we know so little about what she thinks about various issues when she could become president of the country in 6 weeks?

i really mean this. are you okay with having her be seen, and scripted, but never heard?

:ohmy:
on a serious note:

all you Palin fans. are you at all bothered by the fact that she has never held a press conference since she was selected as the VP? do you want to know more about her? are you concerned by the fact that we know so little about what she thinks about various issues when she could become president of the country in 6 weeks?

i really mean this. are you okay with having her be seen, and scripted, but never heard?

I think this is a legitimate concern. I do not think it can be ignored. But I am not voting on the bottom of the ticket.

But if something were to happen to the "bottom of the ticket", you'd have the top, Palin as POTUS, commander in chief. Still okay with that? For the love of god, how? :scratch:

:ohmy:

I think this is a legitimate concern. I do not think it can be ignored. But I am not voting on the bottom of the ticket.

The top chose the bottom.

The top is also keeping the bottom away from the media.

The top has shown stunningly bad judgment in this respect.

The buck stops somewhere.

Politically it was a good move for what his advisors feel they needed. It may not be the move for the country, but he is running an election. Plenty of others have made political decisions for the vp positions.

Politically it was a good move for what his advisors feel they needed. It may not be the move for the country, but he is running an election. Plenty of others have made political decisions for the vp positions.

It's a good point. My only beef with it is that while he's running an election now, he may soon be running the country--and the decision he made during the election may very well have critical impact on the country when the election's done.

I really would like a few McCain supporters to answer this question--which has been posed in the last few days but not answered:

Would you honestly feel comfortable with Sarah Palin as President of the United States?

I understand that the easy response is to say that we're not voting for the bottom of the ticket. But in this instance--with a 72-year-old, 4-time-cancer-stricken, broken-bodied man at the top of the ticket, it's a very real possibility that the bottom of the ticket will be the top in time. To seriously disregard that possibility is irresponsible.

Please.

Don't give me any of this "she has more executive experience" garbage. It simply isn't an answer to the question.

All McCain-Palin supporters.

Yes or no.

Would you honestly feel comfortable with Sarah Palin as President of the United States?

As I recall, that was already asked and the response was, Better her than Obama. I don't remember the thread or the respondent(s) though.

I don't think you're going to get a real, truthfully honest response to that from those who firmly identify as Republican and/or conservative. At least in here. Your party winning trumps any concerns you may have with the ticket. There is no room for dissent when you're trying to win the White House. Dissent makes you look weak.

Please.

Don't give me any of this "she has more executive experience" garbage. It simply isn't an answer to the question.

All McCain-Palin supporters.

Yes or no.

I am not a McCain supporter or an Obama supporter.

I have at times been somewhere around between 45% to 53 % for one of these two candidates.

Right now, I am at about 42 % for one and 45 % for the other.

I hope I get to at least 52-55 % by election day
so I feel like I want the person I vote for to win.

Back to Palin.

That is an easy one.

Of the four: McCain, Biden, Obama and herself.

She is absolutely the least prepared to be President.

and one more thing,
human life begins at conception. I am 100% in favor of the right to have an abortion, first trimester.

Your party winning trumps any concerns you may have with the ticket. There is no room for dissent when you're trying to win the White House. Dissent makes you look weak.

Ah, but that's why they win.

In a lot of ways I think it's what Democrats need to learn to do if they (we) don't want to just keep accepting being goverened by whoever the hell the Republicans put up. People can talk change all they want, but you aren't going to get it by losing. :shrug:

:lol:

The "Road to Nowhere"

Looks like even though she said "Thanks but no thanks" to the Bridge (after she fought for it, of course), she decided to go ahead and continue building the $26million road that leads to the bridge site!!! That's right---$26million of YOUR FEDERAL TAXES paid for a 3-mile road that no one uses, not even the people on the island(!!!) because it doesn't go ANYWHERE!

ProPublica: Palin's Road to Nowhere | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
Sarah Palin said yes, thanks, to a road to nowhere in Alaska - Los Angeles Times

42444502.jpg

The problem isn't that it's there---the whole thing with pork barrel projects is that they seem useless (even though this one really is!). The REAL problem is that she had the opportunity to cancel it, but didn't! What judgement!

Man, $26million would've looked great in schools, real roads, back in my pocket.......:mad:

The "Road to Nowhere"

Looks like even though she said "Thanks but no thanks" to the Bridge (after she fought for it, of course), she decided to go ahead and continue building the $26million road that leads to the bridge site!!! That's right---$26million of YOUR TAXES paid for a 3-mile road that no one uses, not even the people on the island(!!!) because it doesn't go ANYWHERE!

The Bridge was 400 million

that is what she said "No thanks to."

She said if we want a bridge

"We will pay for it ourselves"

if the bridges get built they will need the road.

The 26 million for the road would never have gone "in your pocket"

each of the 50 states get money from Congress for projects

Where do you think the money that congress spends comes from?

And unless they send the money over seas, all money congress spends will end up in one of the 50 states.

Were you here when Dennis Kucinich won the FYM primary?

Anyway, pose this question again after the VP debate. But, I like what I've heard so far and I agree with her positions on issues more than any of the other 3 candidates on the tickets.

The "Road to Nowhere"

Looks like even though she said "Thanks but no thanks" to the Bridge (after she fought for it, of course), she decided to go ahead and continue building the $26million road that leads to the bridge site!!! That's right---$26million of YOUR TAXES paid for a 3-mile road that no one uses, not even the people on the island(!!!) because it doesn't go ANYWHERE!

ProPublica: Palin's Road to Nowhere | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
Sarah Palin said yes, thanks, to a road to nowhere in Alaska - Los Angeles Times

42444502.jpg

The problem isn't that it's there---the whole thing with pork barrel projects is that they seem useless (even though this one really is!). The REAL problem is that she had the opportunity to cancel it, but didn't! What judgement!

Man, $26million would've looked great in schools, real roads, back in my pocket.......:mad:

Yet another example of how certain people that are scared of Palin becoming Vice-President or President of the United States totally over-reach at particular subjects...this one is not quite as bad as the "Bush Doctrine" but it's coming awful close. I'm guessing that most people are sick and tired of this "Bridge to Nowhere" nonsense - you wanna know why?? Because it leads NOWHERE!!! Who cares if she was "for it" then "against it" - what politician hasn't been caught in that one???

There's got to be some achilles heal for real attacks that matter. What it is I haven't figured out yet. I'm guessing the "No abortion - even in the case of rape and insest" might do it, but, is there any evidence that she's tried any legislation on that or, as weirdly extreme as it is, is it just her personal belief???

Were you here when Dennis Kucinich won the FYM primary?

Anyway, pose this question again after the VP debate. But, I like what I've heard so far and I agree with her positions on issues more than any of the other 3 candidates on the tickets.

She has positions?

My ranking of my agreement on the stances of the ticket members:

1. Obama
2. Biden
3. McCain
N/A. Palin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom