Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2008, 03:41 AM   #981
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 07:35 PM
Palin's scarf might've been something someone in the crowd gave her--it doesn't appear to be properly draped and tied, and it doesn't match her top. It looks like the pic was taken while she was signing autographs or something.
__________________

__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #982
Refugee
 
toscano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,032
Local Time: 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
She endorsed McCain long before Powell did the right thing any smart man would do

<>
As soon as Obama beat her buddy Clinton you mean, wow, that's some endorsement there. A petulant whiny bitch who had her toy taken away from her......
__________________

toscano is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #983
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Yeah she's a real Joe six pack hockey Mom. I could have taken her to Marshalls and TJ Maxx and gotten her a designer wardrobe for 5 grand or less. She's a woman of the common man. Why did they pay for clothes for her kids and husband too?

What charity is going to want those clothes, unless they auction them for the cash

They paid 98 dollars for that one outfit that her baby son wore at the convention
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #984
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 02:35 PM
.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #985
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,466
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Yeah she's a real Joe six pack hockey Mom. I could have taken her to Marshalls and TJ Maxx and gotten her a designer wardrobe for 5 grand or less. She's a woman of the common man. Why did they pay for clothes for her kids and husband too?

What charity is going to want those clothes, unless they auction them for the cash

They paid 98 dollars for that one outfit that her baby son wore at the convention


and yet, the $150K is about half of what Cindy McCain wore on a single night at the convention.

truly, the elitist here is the kid raised by a peripatetic single mother who collected food stamps.

it seems that, starting with Bush and coming to a zenith with Palin, elitism is not about money, access, or bling. it's about knowing things. so, if you're an elitist, you believe that people should know things.

/tangent
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #986
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 02:35 PM
I wonder if the RNC paid for Cindy's outfits too, I read about what those cost. Clearly she can pay for those herself.

It's like they thought the Palins were too "hickish" or something and had to go overboard in a bizarre surface attempt to prove that they weren't.

Hey Neiman Marcus does have a 60 day return policy. Do the math.

Sarah's personal shopper is the robocall guy. Shop, make nasty phone calls. It's all in a day's work.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200810u/palin-clothes
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #987
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Oh please people, quit whining about Palin's clothes or taking a couple of her kids with her on trips...your grasping at straws and it looks pathetic. Just focus on getting the vote out for Obama and quit obsessing about finding every little mistake or political "sin" that Palin makes. It's really diminished my view of certain people on the left - it's now amounting to bullying and it's beneath someone like Obama. Just focus on winning Nov. 4 will you.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #988
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
rumor has it, McCain and Palin are, themselves, as a couple, failin'.

he's blaming her for why his campaign sucks.

he's also probably right.

she's a candidate for that 22% that believe that good old W has done a heckuva job.
Not true. Without her just think how bland McCain's campaign would have gone...you wouldn't be getting rallies rivalling Obama's that's for sure. She helped keep millions of the "base" excited and as far as the middle of the road voter goes...they would have leaned toward Obama anyway. The only people she lost are some of the country club "conservatives" that, although they pander to the religious right, secretly despise them, and some Independents that think she's not qualified enough. Other than that just think how utterly boring it would have been if McCain had picked Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman AND LOST JUST THE SAME!!! It's Obama's time right now - just face the fact. It has nothing to do with who McCain did or did not pick. It's just Obama's time in history. Period.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #989
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Harry I think you have developed a plot in your head and you're just going along with it and seeing and hearing what you want to see or hear.

I don't think anybody really cares about Palin's clothes. But you'd be an idiot not to see how tone deaf it is to have this out in the public eye when people are losing their homes. And the Republican shills know it too and many of them have said as much.

I also think it's a bit on the funny side how upset the right was about Edwards' $400 haircuts, but to comment on Palin's $150K wardrobe is somehow beyond the pale.
anitram is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #990
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Oh please people, quit whining about Palin's clothes or taking a couple of her kids with her on trips...your grasping at straws and it looks pathetic. Just focus on getting the vote out for Obama and quit obsessing about finding every little mistake or political "sin" that Palin makes.

Harry, I don't really care what Palin wears. I also wouldn't care how much it costs if she weren't going around trying to say that she's going to reduce Washington's 'wasteful spending.'
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #991
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Harry, I don't really care what Palin wears. I also wouldn't care how much it costs if she weren't going around trying to say that she's going to reduce Washington's 'wasteful spending.'
Exactly. That's why so many otherwise minor things about Palin are noteworthy. Want to curb wasteful spending? Don't spend $150,000 on fancy new clothing. Want to run a campaign against earmarks? Don't do so if you're the governor of the state with the highest earmark totals in the entire nation. And so on. Hypocrisy at its finest.
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #992
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,613
Local Time: 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Not true. Without her just think how bland McCain's campaign would have gone...you wouldn't be getting rallies rivalling Obama's that's for sure. She helped keep millions of the "base" excited and as far as the middle of the road voter goes...they would have leaned toward Obama anyway. The only people she lost are some of the country club "conservatives" that, although they pander to the religious right, secretly despise them, and some Independents that think she's not qualified enough. Other than that just think how utterly boring it would have been if McCain had picked Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman AND LOST JUST THE SAME!!! It's Obama's time right now - just face the fact. It has nothing to do with who McCain did or did not pick. It's just Obama's time in history. Period.
The polls on McCain's side are falling with the economy. As long as he's painted as Bush part 3, and Bush is blamed for the subprime mess McCain will struggle. All they can do is just get as many people to vote as possible. That's ultimately what's important.
purpleoscar is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #993
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,466
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Not true. Without her just think how bland McCain's campaign would have gone...you wouldn't be getting rallies rivalling Obama's that's for sure. She helped keep millions of the "base" excited and as far as the middle of the road voter goes...they would have leaned toward Obama anyway. The only people she lost are some of the country club "conservatives" that, although they pander to the religious right, secretly despise them, and some Independents that think she's not qualified enough. Other than that just think how utterly boring it would have been if McCain had picked Pawlenty, Romney or Lieberman AND LOST JUST THE SAME!!! It's Obama's time right now - just face the fact. It has nothing to do with who McCain did or did not pick. It's just Obama's time in history. Period.


have you taken a look at Palin's favorables vs. unfavorables lately?
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #994
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,894
Local Time: 11:35 AM
That $150,000 could have paid my mortgage

\random
Lila64 is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #995
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
That $150,000 could have paid my mortgage

\random

[random] or the vast majority of my medical school loans [/random]





sadly, there would still be $10,000 left...
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #996
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Harry I think you have developed a plot in your head and you're just going along with it and seeing and hearing what you want to see or hear.

I don't think anybody really cares about Palin's clothes. But you'd be an idiot not to see how tone deaf it is to have this out in the public eye when people are losing their homes. And the Republican shills know it too and many of them have said as much.

I also think it's a bit on the funny side how upset the right was about Edwards' $400 haircuts, but to comment on Palin's $150K wardrobe is somehow beyond the pale.
QFT

I think it's fair game to point out the hypocricies, especially when you have folks like oscar who really believe they are going to control spending.

But I'm convinced that there's no reasoning with you harry, like anitram said you hear and read what you want...
BVS is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #997
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,613
Local Time: 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
QFT

I think it's fair game to point out the hypocricies, especially when you have folks like oscar who really believe they are going to control spending.

But I'm convinced that there's no reasoning with you harry, like anitram said you hear and read what you want...
How do you feel about the controlling in spending in Congress the past 2 years?
purpleoscar is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #998
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
How do you feel about the controlling in spending in Congress the past 2 years?
How do you feel when someone never actually answer the questions you asks or addresses the points you make but always come back with a question aimed at changing the subject?

Answer that question, then address my previous point, and then I'll answer your question.
BVS is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #999
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 02:35 PM
^ftw
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #1000
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,613
Local Time: 11:35 AM
I think anitram's remark has to do with envy. Many people are losing their houses because they made bad decisions. If Palin wore Value Village clothes she would be criticized for that too. She can't win.

You made a comment that I belive the Republican ticket will control spending. It was actually a rhetorical question I was asking of you in response to it. The democrats in congress are not great on spending despite having control of congress. Having a democrat president and democrat majority in congress is definately going to be change. I don't have any expectations that the deficit will be balanced in that environment. At least the Republican ticket is reflecting on a spending freeze because it will be needed at minimum to keep the deficit from going more out of control.

Look at Barney Frank on taxes and the deficit. Obama better give him a talking to.

__________________

purpleoscar is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×