Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was interesting how she kept repeating specific phrases, showed just how much she's been drilled by McCain's inner circle.

oh, and she thinks Saddam Hussein plotted 9/11:

Palin Links Iraq to Sept. 11 In Talk to Troops in Alaska

Did you even read what she actually said? Tell me where she says "Saddam Hussein plotted 9/11".

there's also the part where she is totally ready to go to war with Russia over Georgia or Armenia.

what does Ms. Palin think? "Perhaps, Charlie."

Ms. Palin couldn't hold her own on FYM.

Do you realize this spring that the majority of NATO countries invited Georgia and Ukraine to join NATO. Plus, while countries like Germany and France blocked the process, both agree that Georgia and Ukraine should be apart of NATO at some point in the future. Her position on the issue is consistent with the current US position and the majority of NATO.

NATO is already committed to defending Lativia, Estonia, and Lithuania, all of them former republics of the Soviet Union.

Did you even read what she actually said? Tell me where she says "Saddam Hussein plotted 9/11".

erm, she said -- on 9/11 of all days -- that the soldiers were going to IRAQ to

"defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

no one in Iraq "planned and carried out" the attacks of 9/11.

and if you want to be totally obtuse and claim that they're fighting AQI, well AQI didn't exist on 9/11, and in fact didn't exist until the US invaded Iraq.

there is no one in Iraq right now who had anything to do with 9/11.

Do you realize this spring that the majority of NATO countries invited Georgia and Ukraine to join NATO. Plus, while countries like Germany and France blocked the process, both agree that Georgia and Ukraine should be apart of NATO at some point in the future. Her position on the issue is consistent with the current US position and the majority of NATO.

NATO is already committed to defending Lativia, Estonia, and Lithuania, all of them former republics of the Soviet Union.

i disagree with the current US position. proposing Georgia for membership in NATO reflects a blindness to the consequences of the first two rounds of NATO expansion and defies elementary strategic logic.

all it does is serve to bait the Russians and kill the strategic cooperation we're going to need from them to deal with Iran and North Korea. and the more Russia feels threatened, the more power Putin is free to consolidate.

I was taken aback by this ad by a 527.

Showed it to my 59 year old father, who has hunted throughout his life. His first response was "shooting animals from planes in the snow isn't hunting" and his second was "this woman is sick." Then he said he was going to walk his beloved dog.

YouTube - Brutal

I honestly wanted to puke when I saw that ad. It made me think of my dog. :sad:

I honestly wanted to puke when I saw that ad. It made me think of my dog. :sad:

you're such an elitist. shooting wolves from airplanes is something that people just like me love to do. this makes me relate to sarah palin. i stop and think, "she's just like me."

and that makes me want to vote for her.

because she's just like me.

i disagree with the current US position. proposing Georgia for membership in NATO reflects a blindness to the consequences of the first two rounds of NATO expansion and defies elementary strategic logic.

all it does is serve to bait the Russians and kill the strategic cooperation we're going to need from them to deal with Iran and North Korea. and the more Russia feels threatened, the more power Putin is free to consolidate.

Not only do you disagree with the current US position, but also the rest of NATO.

It was the Clinton administration that rightly started and supported the expansion of NATO. To not have done so would have allowed a potentially aggressive Russia to reimpose its control over Eastern Europe. Europe's security has been increased by NATO expansion. It would have defied "elementary strategic logic" to not have taken the opportunity to expand both the EU and NATO into Eastern Europe while Russia was weaker in the 1990s in order to prepare for the possible direction that Russia has unfortunately appeared to have taken today.

The United States would never compromise European security simply for the sake of having Russian cooperation on Iran and North Korea. Russia's ability to seriously impact both issues is limited, especially when compared to China on North Korea.

NATO has not moved any combat units into any of the Eastern European countries that now have NATO membership. The idea that NATO is a threat to Russia is simply absurd as any review of military force totals for NATO and Russia will show.

In addition, the small number of NATO countries that objected to starting the process of admitting Geogia and Ukraine this year did so not because of any need for Russian strategic cooperation on North Korea and Iran, but because they disputed that Georgia and Ukraine had met the requirements for NATO membership at this time. But no NATO country is actually against the future membership of Georgia and Ukraine in NATO at some point in the future.

erm, she said -- on 9/11 of all days -- that the soldiers were going to IRAQ to

no one in Iraq "planned and carried out" the attacks of 9/11.

and if you want to be totally obtuse and claim that they're fighting AQI, well AQI didn't exist on 9/11, and in fact didn't exist until the US invaded Iraq.

there is no one in Iraq right now who had anything to do with 9/11.

You could actually make the same statement about Afghanistan.

Not only do you disagree with the current US position, but also the rest of NATO.

It was the Clinton administration that rightly started and supported the expansion of NATO. To not have done so would have allowed a potentially aggressive Russia to reimpose its control over Eastern Europe. Europe's security has been increased by NATO expansion. It would have defied "elementary strategic logic" to not have taken the opportunity to expand both the EU and NATO into Eastern Europe while Russia was weaker in the 1990s in order to prepare for the possible direction that Russia has unfortunately appeared to have taken today.

The United States would never compromise European security simply for the sake of having Russian cooperation on Iran and North Korea. Russia's ability to seriously impact both issues is limited, especially when compared to China on North Korea.

NATO has not moved any combat units into any of the Eastern European countries that now have NATO membership. The idea that NATO is a threat to Russia is simply absurd as any review of military force totals for NATO and Russia will show.

In addition, the small number of NATO countries that objected to starting the process of admitting Geogia and Ukraine this year did so not because of any need for Russian strategic cooperation on North Korea and Iran, but because they disputed that Georgia and Ukraine had met the requirements for NATO membership at this time. But no NATO country is actually against the future membership of Georgia and Ukraine in NATO at some point in the future.

except that this is not the mid-1990s.

your post is so lacking in nuance that it's difficult to know where to begin ... i'll just start by saying that Georgia is not part of Europe, neither is Armenia, and we're going to have to deal with the fact that Russia has oil, and therefore money, and therefore it is going to seek to expand it's sphere of influence.

however, Russia still remains incapable of marching into Kiev. Russia isn't going to Tblisi because Vladimir Putin, unlike the leader of the United States, is apparently shrewd enough to recognize that military occupations of foreign territories have high costs and scarce benefits. so it's less about supporting a future NATO membership and more that the hysterics of McCain who would use such membership not for the protection of Georgians but to specifically antagonize and goad Russia into feeling threatened. so, really, what McCain is talking about isn't a serious policy but just irresponsible posturing in order to scare up some votes by trying to recast Russia as the Soviet Union and Putin as Kruschev. and it misses the point -- it's cooperation on Iran, as well as preventing the spread of "loose nukes" that's in actual American interests right now. the long term membership of Georgia into NATO isn't terribly relevant to the present situation, and rushing Georgia into membership is, as i said, irresponsible posturing.

You could actually make the same statement about Afghanistan.

:lol:

a standard STING non-answer/dodge/attempt to change the subject/mindless equivocation!

Sarah Palin remains a liar. or just uninformed.

but i'll give her the benefit of the doubt. i bet she actually knows that no one in Iraq attacked New York on 9/11 and she was just trying to score some cheap political points.

or maybe not. she has never shown much interest in foreign policy and heard about the surge on the news. so maybe she does think that Saddam Hussein attacked us on 9-11.

Classic quote by McCain from the primaries:

"I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism," the Senator declared. "I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time."

McCain Pre-Palin: Mayors And Governors Can't Handle National Security

Precisely.

But hey if you want to dig up random quotes from the primaries, then two can play that game.

JOHN MCCAIN IS AN HONORABLE MAN WHO IS A STRAIGHT TALKER.

So the implication of the wolf video is what? That this was for sport?

except that this is not the mid-1990s.

your post is so lacking in nuance that it's difficult to know where to begin ... i'll just start by saying that Georgia is not part of Europe, neither is Armenia, and we're going to have to deal with the fact that Russia has oil, and therefore money, and therefore it is going to seek to expand it's sphere of influence.

Your correct in saying that Armenia is not technically apart of Europe, but Georgia definitely is apart of Europe. The Northern part of the country is within Europe while the south is apart of Asia. Not sure why you keep on bringing up Armenia as it was Ukraine and Georgia that were under consideration for NATO membership.

Russian strengths are not a reason to stop NATO expansion, they are a reason to expand NATO.

however, Russia still remains incapable of marching into Kiev.

Really? Care to explain?

Kiev is actually only 130 miles from the Russian border. The Russian armed forces have 36 divisions active, 54 divisions when fully mobilized. They have nearly 2,000 combat aircraft.

Ukraine by comparison has less than 10 divisions, only 350 combat aircraft, and their equipment is primarly much older than what the Russians currently have in their active divisions.

If Russia was determined to they could indeed march into Kiev, which is why Ukraine is doing everything it can to become a member of NATO.

McCain/Palin and the rest of NATO all believe that Georgia and Ukraine should be admitted to NATO at some point in the future regardless of what Russia has to say.

Ironically, it sounds like you and Putin have a lot in common on these issues.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom