Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess the whole fuck community organizing thing is going to be a staple of the campaign from here on out.

...just saw palin deliver the same "a mayor is a community organizer with responsibility" line on cnn.

Makes me wonder...

Do you think community organizers played a strong role in pushing for women's suffrage?

Do you think community organizers played a strong role in pushing for an end to slavery?

Do you think community organizers played a strong role in the civil rights movement?

For a convention whose central theme on the first day was service, these people sure like to insult, denigrate and marginalize those who actually do work for a cause greater than themselves, and actually do make a commitment to serve their communities and country.

Do you think community organizers played a strong role in pushing for women's suffrage?

Do you think community organizers played a strong role in pushing for an end to slavery?

Do you think community organizers played a strong role in the civil rights movement?
:rolleyes: Someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid. How many wars did those whiny hippies serve in? How many budgets did they balance? How much legislation did they coauthor, how much pork barrel did they trim? Look, that's all rah-rah-yes-we-can stuff--Washington is a combat zone, a cesspool, a swamp. What we need is an Ubermensch and an Uberfrau to march in there and kick some f***in' ass.

New ABC poll, maybe Harry can give us the spin on this puppy...

The public by a narrow 6-point margin, 25 percent to 19 percent, says Palin’s selection makes them more likely to support McCain, less than the 12-point positive impact of Biden on the Democratic ticket (22 percent more likely to support Barack Obama, 10 percent less so).

. . . .

Among moderates, Biden registers as a net 15-point positive for Obama. In the same group, Palin shows no effect on support for McCain.

Biden also has higher positives and lower negatives than Palin.

REPEAT THE FOLLOWING:

If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire." If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."

If you live in an Urban area and you get a girl pregnant you're a "baby daddy." If you're the same in Alaska you're a "teen father." (Actually, according to your own MySpace page you're an F'n redneck that don't want any kids, but that's too long a phrase for the evil liberal media to take out of context and flog morning noon and night).

Black teen pregnancies? A "crisis" in black America. White teen pregnancies?
A "blessed event."

If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic." Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential "American story."

Similarly, if you name you kid Barack you're "unpatriotic." Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."

If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual you're "reckless." A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."

If you say that for the "first time in my adult lifetime I'm really proud of my country" it makes you "unfit" to be First Lady. If you are a registered member of a fringe political group that advocates secession that makes you "First Dude."

A DUI from twenty years ago is "old news." A speech given without proper citation from twenty years ago is "relevant information."

And, finally, if you're a man and you decide to run for office despite your wife's recurrence of cancer you're a "questionable spouse." If you're a woman and you decide to run for office despite having five kids including a newborn... Well, we don't know what that is 'cause THAT'S NOT A FAIR QUESTION TO ASK.

was forwarded to me.

Give it time. I've heard a lot of moderate people captivated by her.

I'll give you from now to November and things won't change... You guys were crazy to ever think she'd attract the middle ground or undecided. You just don't do that with an unknown that has backward views on science and social issues, some questionable flip flops and succession efforts, and little to no knowledge of where she stands or thinks of Iraq...

It doesn't matter if she's female or not...

McCain miscalculated :shrug:

I'll give you from now to November and things won't change... You guys were crazy to ever think she'd attract the middle ground or undecided. You just don't do that with an unknown that has backward views on science and social issues, some questionable flip flops and succession efforts, and little to no knowledge of where she stands or thinks of Iraq...

It doesn't matter if she's female or not...

McCain miscalculated :shrug:

BonoVoxSupastar - you are sooooo wrong. I wish you were right but unfortunately you are not. I'm guessing but your'e probably a very logical person - this has nothing to do with logic. Palin is the female Ronald Regan, like it or not, and even though she holds some views outside of the mainstream, many people will overlook this and instead be captivated by the whole story rather than the "issues". I can't believe some of you can't see that. I'm sure Obama, being a pretty smart character, is pondering this as we speak. I just hope, with all the Republican's have done in the past eight years to fuck up your country, that people will give Obama a chance. Having said that, watch out for Palin in 2012 if they don't get it this year.

BonoVoxSupastar - you are sooooo wrong. I wish you were right but unfortunately you are not. I'm guessing but your'e probably a very logical person - this has nothing to do with logic. Palin is the female Ronald Regan, like it or not, and even though she holds some views outside of the mainstream, many people will overlook this and instead be captivated by the whole story rather than the "issues". I can't believe some of you can't see that. I'm sure Obama, being a pretty smart character, is pondering this as we speak. I just hope, with all the Republican's have done in the past eight years to fuck up your country, that people will give Obama a chance. Having said that, watch out for Palin in 2012 if they don't get it this year.

You keep saying the same thing over and over, but you haven't shown me one piece of evidence that says she attracts independents or takes any votes from Obama.

Just because you keep repeating the phrase 'you are so wrong' with repetitive 'o's doesn't mean you are right. Show me something. Anything that backs up your point...

And the female Reagan? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom