Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for y'all, and no one has to answer it.

But is a marriage forced upon two children due to an unplanned pregnancy more sacred than the marriage of two lesbians who've been in a monogamous, committed relationship for 20 years?

'Cause if it is, I'll need an explanation, please. :)

But is a marriage forced upon two children due to an unplanned pregnancy more sacred than the marriage of two lesbians who've been in a monogamous, committed relationship for 20 years?

I asked this in the last thread, and no "conservatives" answered me. :angry:

It seems VERY hypocritical to me from a party that PREACHED the sanctity of marriage not even four years ago.

Is this about Obama's parents

and his opposition to same sex marriage ?

If the Dems want to win they won't get drawn into making the election about gay marriage, regardless of the circumstances of Palin's kids' marriages.

in fairness, it was the Republicans who made the 2004 election about that.

And my point is that the Dems let them, an unpopular War, a down economy, and they allowed the Republicans to make the election about gay marriage and swift boat.

And my point is that the Dems let them, an unpopular War, a down economy, and they allowed the Republicans to make the election about gay marriage and swift boat.

i don't disagree.

at least we've progressed in 2008. we'll have marriage equality in CA by the end of the year.

Sure, the kid made a choice, and he should share in the responsibility/consequences of that choice, which, in a pro-life environment, generally entails supporting and helping to raise the child. I doubt he anticipated being trotted out for the consumption of the American public as being part of those responsibilities, though.

True, true. Must be surreal. When you become a parent-to-be though you grow up, sometimes screaming and hollering but you grow up. (however defined or not is your choice)

This forum is 80 per cent liberal/ progressive

that's cool

the country is not

Palin will appeal to some of the men and women that voted big time for Hillary in Appalachia
and some of the mid-west states

Ann Coulter sure as hell gets this right:

really, that's all it comes down to.

McCain wanted Lieberman. we know this. the Republicans said they'd freak out if he picked someone who doesn't believe in forced pregnancy. thus, they tried to go for broke and picked Palin.

it's a gimmick designed to please the base.

GOOD. Lieberman is the worst possible choice McCain could have picked. Nobody REALLY likes Lieberman do they??

they have been so objective?

she should just hit the campaign trail
and take the train home every night to baby Trig.

PALIN is going to bring oil, wealth and power back to US. ANWR, hello.

I think she is a strong candidate, and don't say I'm biased because my family knows her and I live in Alaska. I'm not even Republican.

so ... am i hearing that Palin won't ever be talking to the press?

I just watched some of her speech online with a co-worker about half an hour ago, and that was one of my first thoughts - there’s absolutely no way she’s going to be doing anything other than the absolute softest of soft staged ‘interviews’ for at least a month. And doing only those and nothing else the whole way through wouldn’t surprise me. I foresee meandering family walks among amazing Alaskan scenery with handpicked allied tv personalities (not journalists) asking the softest of rehearsed questions.

She has to debate Biden though, right?

Predicition:Biden will be accused of bullying her in the VP debate.

And to say he's a joke to most Americans, diamond, John McCain would disagree with you.

Predicition:Biden will be accused of bullying her in the VP debate.

And to say he's a joke to most Americans, diamond, John McCain would disagree with you.

That was going to be my next thought. I’m guessing she’d get monstered under any serious interrogation, and likely would in a serious debate. If they’re trying to spin the media as evil and awful, keeping her wrapped up in soft focus media for the majority will make it easy to paint any one off ‘serious’ interviews or debates as bullying or unfair. Soft 60 Minutes type profiles and easy prepped Fox interviews FTW, and then when an evil journalist or opponent asks for something remotely challenging or wants something more substantial… BULLY!

Destination Alaska. They’re Heee-eere. � Mudflats
Sarah Palin Slashed Special Needs Education by 62%

For those of you who seem so enamored with Gov. Sarah Palin, it might be worth noting that she oversees the budget for the Department of Education and Early Development Special Schools in Alaska.

These funds provide supplementary educational services to students with severe disabling conditions and the Alaska Challenge Youth Academy. The resident school where the child would normally be placed does not have the resources to provide an adequate educational program. Without the supplementary services the child’s needs would not be met by the local school district in most cases.

The following programs are included within this component:
Special Education Service Agency (SESA)

The Annual budget for 2007, which preceded Gov. Palin was $8,265,300.

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/08_OMB/budget/EED/comp2735.pdf

The Annual budget for 2008, enacted by Gov. Palin is $3,156,000.

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/08_OMB/budget/EED/comp2735.pdf

The Annual budget for 2009, enacted by Gov. Palin is $3,156,000.

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/09_omb/budget/EED/comp2735.pdf

This is a cut in special needs services to children in Alaska of 5,109,300 , or 62%.

So, as the Alaska State Budget description states, “Without the supplementary services the child’s needs would not be met by the local school district in most cases.”

Did 62% of all of the special needs children in Alaska stop having needs once Gov. Palin took office?

Before we get so excited about Gov. Palin bring her “Reformer” agenda to Washington, perhaps we should get to know a little more about what exactly that means to our children, and the opportunities that she would “Reform”.

If you ask me, a 62% cut in these funds, which we all know are so desperately scarce, and for which we all have to fight tooth and nail for our children, is a disgrace.

I just checked the dates of the .pdfs. All but the latter were pre-pregnancy for her, and even the last one was early enough in her pregnancy that she probably didn't know she was carrying a special needs child while the budget was being drafted.

I love politicians who have no compassion for others when the issues don't affect them personally. Now she's probably a champion of special needs families. :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom