Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Martha-

A few days back, you were looking for a succinct answer on Sarah's qualifications, here it is in a nut shell:

Sarah Palin learned the basics (Government 101)in Wasilla, involving providing services and cutting taxes, and being responsive to her contiutents. She moved on to energy issues -- big time -- (Alaska Gas and Oil Commission), discovering as commissioner that the Repubs and the Dems had ethical issues, so she dealt with that. She moved on to Government 202 as Governor of Alaska, after defeating the incumbent Rebublican without any machine running her campaign. Her state budget and responsibilities are in the billions annually. The number of state employees is 10 x Obama's campaign, and they certainly are not all star stuck swooners. As governor Palin nailed down a natural gas pipe line for the lower 48 which will cost somewhere between 26 to 40 billion dollars and involved dealing Canada, enviromental issues, citizens and the oil companies, among others.

That's more executive government experience than Obama and Biden combined. (Showing up to vote and having staffers and party leadership tell you what to do and vote "present" does not come near Palin's experience.)

Now the REAL question, if Sarah Palin was A Pro Choice Republican Gov, would you vote for her?

If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.

I happen to think there are a few pro life women who liked the idea of Hillary running-but are looking for a pro life female leader.

Hurricane Sarah has landed.

<>

For Martha-

A few days back, you were looking for a succinct answer on Sarah's qualifications, here it is in a nut shell:

Sarah Palin learned the basics (Government 101)in Wasilla, involving providing services and cutting taxes, and being responsive to her contiutents. She moved on to energy issues -- big time -- (Alaska Gas and Oil Commission), discovering as commissioner that the Repubs and the Dems had ethical issues, so she dealt with that. She moved on to Government 202 as Governor of Alaska, after defeating the incumbent Rebublican without any machine running her campaign. Her state budget and responsibilities are in the billions annually. The number of state employees is 10 x Obama's campaign, and they certainly are not all star stuck swooners. As governor Palin nailed down a natural gas pipe line for the lower 48 which will cost somewhere between 26 to 40 billion dollars and involved dealing Canada, enviromental issues, citizens and the oil companies, among others.

That's more executive government experience than Obama and Biden combined. (Showing up to vote and having staffers and party leadership tell you what to do and vote "present" does not come near Palin's experience.)

Now the REAL question, if Sarah Palin was A Pro Choice Republican Gov, would you vote for her?

If its that's she's pro life-then that is what you and all the other female posters should say-not claim she's inexperienced.

I happen to think there are a few pro life women who liked the idea of Hillary running-but are looking for a pro life female leader.

Hurricane Sarah has landed.

<>

diamond: do you think Sarah Palin would have been picked if she were a man?

What does Sarah Palin think of the new U2 album being pushed to 2009?

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now thinking- and hoping- that she will gracefully step down before the election to spare him the humilation of replacing her. However, who would he then choose? Dumping a woman, he couldn't very well go for an old white guy, that wouldn't be PC. But she is too risky and inexperienced to be 'a heartbeat away.'

Do you really think he will drop her??? Wouldn't that look bad? I have not been following every bit of news on this controversy but I really don't think he is going to drop her.

Won't happen. She's going to hit a home run tonight, and the story about her daughter (which if anything is helping, not hurting her) will soon disappear.

Hey, I know, you can say she's not good for family values since her daughter got pregnant. Also you could say, she can't be a good mother of five and have such a high pressure job. That should turn the right wing against her!:sexywink:

I still think she was a weak and bad choice and it will hurt him.

Won't happen. She's going to hit a home run tonight, and the story about her daughter (which if anything is helping, not hurting her) will soon disappear.

i will be very, very curious to watch and see what happens tonight.

i think we can guarantee that some commentators are going to think she was amazing, and i have no doubt the crowd will love her, sort of akin to after the 2nd debate in 2004, just before it was over, when Karen Hughes ran down the hallway to high-5 Karl Rove to set the narrative as early as possible and try to spin the media as quickly as they could.

so we're going to see that equivalent tonight, no matter what actually happens.

basically, the Republican pundits are going to praise Palin as the second coming in exactly the same way they accuse some of fawning over every little thing Obama says.

there's something very interesting going on here.

Huffington Post has pictures of Palin in a pink t-shirt from college and the shirt says "I may be broke but at least I am not bare breasted". Nice. God, I love this woman. She is a Dem's gift!

some of these leftie bloggers
are really reaching :no:

I've seen the picture
A college kid in her dorm room? wearing a t-shirt
that says :
"I may be broke, but I am not flat busted."

A little playful?, ok
vulgar? no

a felony, like using cocaine ?

certainly not

which, college kid passes the judgment test ?

She's going to hit a home run tonight,

Well I'm not sure how anyone could be that sure, this is really the first time she'll be doing something at this scale... it's make or break time.

and the story about her daughter (which if anything is helping, not hurting her) will soon disappear.

It goes to show you what some really good spin and team loyalty will do. If this was Hillary or any other Dem, evengelicals would be attacking her from every angle and Rush and the others wouldn't be ignoring it like they are telling everyone else to do.

Well I'm not sure how anyone could be that sure, this is really the first time she'll be doing something at this scale... it's make or break time.

at best, one could say its

50 / 50

if it goes poorly

this could be the demise of McCain's campaign
all Obama / Biden have to do is be calm and steady,
no major blunders

and their numbers will rise into the mid to high 50s.

oh deep, you gotta let this one go. i mean honestly, who in the 70s and 80s wasn't doing a little bit of blow. come on! :sexywink:

I do have an answer

after a great October fest party ( I think it was the early 80s )

I went back with a good buddy to his house up in the hills
he had a secluded back yard with a spa

a couple of girls came over
so it is the four of us in the hot tub

the girls looked like exotic dancers
and were very friendly -
all over us

next there swimsuits came off

my buddy and the girls
went inside and started lining up the blow on the glass table

I called it a night, and left. :doh:

I really don't like to tell personal stories, I think they are mostly boring

but, this one makes a point

sometimes, I wonder about my own judgment :wink:

and this has
what to do with anything????

the fact that you even wrote it

says something about you.

Oh really, and what does it have to say about me? Does it say I search leftist blogs hourly to find dirt? Does it say I believe every blog I read? Does it say I'm a gossip?

Or maybe it just says that I heard it over talk radio today and I'm agreeing with you on how ridiculous the "blogging community" can be? Oh NO, that can't be it.

If we're going to start judging people in here about posts that have nothing to do with anything, you may want to make a quick scan of some of your posts lately...

Or maybe it just says that I heard it over talk radio today and I'm agreeing with you on how ridiculous the "blogging community" can be? Oh NO, that can't be it.

If your post was meant to be ironic.

I am sorry, I missed it.

That is one of the problems with this medium.
Tone can not be detected.

And indeed some of my irony has not been seen by others
and yes, sometimes I have even posted something that was wrong. :shrug:

I guess I have a bias

I eat \/

eskimo_pie.jpg

I thought this was interesting this morning over blueberries.

Palin's privacy versus her public stance - Los Angeles Times

TIM RUTTEN:
Palin's privacy versus her public stance
She, her husband and daughter got to make private decisions privately. But her public views would deny that same right to other Americans.
Tim Rutten
September 3, 2008

How sensitive is Sen. John McCain's campaign about his presumptive running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin?

Well, there's the fact that they appear unwilling to let her be alone with the media. God forbid anyone should ask about her views on, say, global warming -- she doesn't believe that human activity has anything to do with it. Perhaps they don't want anyone to hear her explain why she opposes hate-crime laws?

When CNN's Campbell Brown asked McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds mildly aggressive questions about Palin's pregnant teenage daughter, and about the governor's lack of experience with national security issues, the campaign's response was to angrily cancel the senator's scheduled appearance on Larry King's show on Tuesday.

That'll show them. (It had the ancillary benefit of sparing McCain the awkward experience of answering direct questions, albeit it avuncular King-like ones, about Palin.)

The McCain campaign's major defensive effort on Palin's behalf, however, has been the categorical insistence that any discussion of her 17-year-old daughter's pregnancy is out of bounds, an unacceptable invasion of the family's privacy. It's a sentiment that's been seconded not only by the religious right, which believes that it has found a champion in the Alaskan governor, but also by McCain's Democratic opponent, Sen. Barack Obama. On Monday, he told a group of reporters: "People's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

Both the McCain campaign and Obama are partly right.

Palin's daughter and herunbornchild's father are entitled to privacy as children -- and that's what they are -- and as individuals. They ought not to be pursued by reporters, nor should their friends and teachers be grilled for details about their private lives. Nobody asked them whether they wanted to be made symbolic caricatures in a national debate over the fulfillment of two strangers' political ambitions, and they shouldn't be treated as if they had.

That said, the fact of Bristol Palin's situation and the way in which she and her family have chosen to deal with it are legitimate issues, because they involve public policy issues on which Sarah Palin, candidate for vice president, has taken political positions. Palin, for example, opposes sex education in schools, including all access to contraceptive information for adolescents. Similarly, she believes that abortion should be illegal.

But Palin and her family dealt with two personal situations in just the way all Americans are entitled to meet them. When Sarah Palin and her husband discovered that their unborn son would be born with Down syndrome, they were free to make the decision that she would carry their boy to term. When they found that their 17-year-old daughter was pregnant by her high school boyfriend, they were free to reach a decision that the daughter, too, would keep her child and that she and the boy would marry. (They were free to do that even though many, perhaps most, Americans no longer regard teenage marriages as particularly desirable. Most people long ago put away the notion of a boy "making an honest woman" of the girl.)

The point is that the Palins were able to make all these decisions according to the dictates of their own consciences, formed by their own religious convictions, within the privacy of their own family and according to its values and traditions. What they decided is nobody's business but theirs; the fact that they were free to arrive at their own decision is everybody's business.

The particular brand of social conservatism in which Sarah Palin quite evidently believes deeply would deny other American families and other American women the freedom to make these same intimate decisions according to the dictates of their own consciences, religious convictions and traditions.

The McCain campaign would like to cut off discussion of Palin's views as quickly and as completely as possible. That's because McCain's desire to find a female running mate whose views on abortion wouldn't further alienate the religious right led him into a reckless and ill-considered decision. He picked a vice president he hardly knew -- and now, his campaign would like to buffalo the electorate into doing the same.

That's unlikely. Reporters are beginning to work their way across Alaska, reconstructing Palin's personal history. ABC-TV first reported -- though the McCain campaign denies -- that she flirted with a secessionist, state's rights political party. On Tuesday, an online piece by Time magazine reported that, as newly elected mayor of Wasilla, Palin tried to fire a librarian who refused to cooperate in banning books from the public library.

If McCain and his people think they can obscure this sort of record behind an appeal to privacy, they're kidding themselves even more than they're trying to kid the voters. Palin is beginning to look less like Dan Quayle and more like Tom Eagleton, whose abrupt departure from the 1972 Democratic ticket remains a watchword for unpleasant political surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom