Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #981
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,894
Local Time: 01:45 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Sting, do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready to take over as President of the United States should John McCain become incapacitated?
Oh, oh, oh! Can I answer this one. Please? PLEASE???
__________________

Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #982
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
With that logic you could say that Biden was selected because he was the only one qualified for the job.
I suppose you could say that if your logic were twisted...

Now I can see why very few tend to engage you in discussion.
__________________

VintagePunk is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #983
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Are you kidding me??

Your argument is unbelievably weak if you keep relying on Tim Kaine - a man who was not selected to be the vice presidential nominee, as a point of contention.

Find me where anyone here said "Tim Kaine is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualified." What, having problems? That's because no one here said that.

Tim Kaine is not in this race. He was not selected by a presidential nominee to be his running mate. He is out of the picture. But since you clearly can't compare to Palin to Biden, you know, the two actual vice presidential nominees, you trot out an imaginary argument in order to make an imaginary point against an imaginary opponent.

Sting: skirting that fine line between Official Party Line Parrot and Forum Troll.
Whats weak and obvious dodge is this idea that Tim Kaine or anyone else who was not actually selected by Obama cannot be discussed when were discussing the issue of who is qualified to actually be Vice President or President.

The real reason no one here wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications to be Vice President VS. Sarah Palin's is because they know that Tim Kaine is not much different from Sarah Palin when it comes to experience and being prepared to be Vice President. The entire argument that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be Vice President falls flat when you honestly and objectively look at everyone that has ever held the positions of President, Vice President, been nominated for the positions, or strongly considered for them.
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #984
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Sting, do you believe that Sarah Palin is ready to take over as President of the United States should John McCain become incapacitated?
I certainly do, and I rather have her as President than Joey who voted against the first Gulf War(that even the French supported with ground troops), wanted to split Iraq into three different countries, and was against the Surge in Iraq.
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #985
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Whats weak and obvious dodge is this idea that Tim Kaine or anyone else who was not actually selected by Obama cannot be discussed when were discussing the issue of who is qualified to actually be Vice President or President.

The real reason no one here wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications to be Vice President VS. Sarah Palin's is because they know that Tim Kaine is not much different from Sarah Palin when it comes to experience and being prepared to be Vice President.
No. The real reason no one wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications is because he wasn't picked. Obama did not pick Tim Kaine, so it's kinda pointless discussing the qualifications of someone that the presidential nominee decided wasn't the man for the job.

The Republican presidential nominee chose someone for VP who has questionable qualifications for the position (to put it mildly). The Democratic nominee did not. I don't know how much more obvious I can make it.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 03:45 AM
I give up. STING, your posting style disrupts this forum and makes it impossible for discussions to continue.
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #987
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I suppose you could say that if your logic were twisted...

Now I can see why very few tend to engage you in discussion.
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #988
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 04:45 AM
yup.^ (in reference to Pfan's post above)
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #989
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,894
Local Time: 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
Lila64 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #990
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
Your whole argument around Tim Kaine all but admits that Sarah Palin is not ready as well. The whole way you frame it basically says "well yeah, she's not ready, but neither was he!"

So here you have it, Sting. I will come out and say that I don't think Tim Kaine was the best choice. I think he we would be far less ready to assume the presidency as Joe Biden. I will go out and say he wouldn't be ready to assume the presidency.

That being said, let's get back to Sarah Palin, who as your Kaine argument implies, is not the most ready of candidates for VP either. Since she's so obviously unready, how the hell did Sarah Palin make it to the TOP of McCain's picks?






As for Kaine: here's my idea, stolen from none other than Karl Rove. Tim Kaine was on the list because he may have been a shrewd political choice to make - ie it would help him win Virginia but may not have been the best choice for the role a VP plays. Kind of like Sarah Palin. Obama at some point realized that, hey, maybe Kaine wouldn't be the right choice because he doesn't fulfill that essential VP role - readiness to take over as president should the need arise, as Joe Biden does. And Obama made the correct choice from a governance perspective, whereas John McCain did not.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #991
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Well, lets start with Herman, please explain why Pee Wee Herman is qualified to be Vice President of the United States and Sarah Palin is not qualifed.
BVS is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #992
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
No. The real reason no one wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications is because he wasn't picked. Obama did not pick Tim Kaine, so it's kinda pointless discussing the qualifications of someone that the presidential nominee decided wasn't the man for the job.

The Republican presidential nominee chose someone for VP who has questionable qualifications for the position (to put it mildly). The Democratic nominee did not. I don't know how much more obvious I can make it.
This thread is about Sarah Palin. If your going to claim that Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President or Vice President, then you should be able explain why other Presidents, Vice Presidents, nominees, or those that were considered for the position, with similar levels of experience are qualified and she is not. Its that simple.

When your just comparing Joe Biden and Sarah Palin you can make the arguement that Joe Biden's experience means he is better prepared and more qualified to be VP than Sarah Palin, but you cannot based on that comparison alone, claim that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be VP.
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #993
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?
It's called the vetting process. There's a lot of decisions that have to be made when it comes to this. I don't see why Obama thinking about Kaine has any relation to McCain choosing Palin. Quite frankly, I don't think you do either.

If you honestly just said, "I'm voting for McCain-Palin simply because they're Republicans," it would end all of this. It would be honest, it would make sense, it would save us all a lot of time.
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #994
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Thinking about someone and choosing someone as VP are two totally different things. You think they're the same. You act is if he might as well have picked Kaine just because Kaine was considered. It's totally different.
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #995
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Thinking about someone and choosing someone as VP are two totally different things. You think they're the same. You act is if he might as well have picked Kaine just because Kaine was considered. It's totally different.
Woah, woah, WOAH pfan. You're making sense. You're showing the capability of nuanced thought.

Knock it off.






Commie.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #996
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
You could say the same think about the President. When you vote for either Obama or McCain in November, your also voting for the VP as well. You vote for the ticket, there is no individual election for the President.


The fact that so many of these questions about qualifications and being prepared go unanswered just goes to show that the criticisms of Palin are simply politically motivated and not really based on objective facts.

Clintons, Tim Kaines and even Obama's relative lack of experience is rather obvious, and even if an arguement could be made that they had more experience than Governor Palin just prior to running for P/VP or being considered for the ticket, you could not honestly argue those small differences made them qualified and Governor Palin not qualifed.



i wonder if even need to be here for this discussion.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #997
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Your whole argument around Tim Kaine all but admits that Sarah Palin is not ready as well. The whole way you frame it basically says "well yeah, she's not ready, but neither was he!"
I've never said that Tim Kaine was not qualified to be President or Vice President and Obama obviously feels that he was qualified otherwise he would not have considered him for the position. A President only considers qualified people for the office of Vice President. He then picks the one he feels is the best candidate out of that group and would give him the best chance of being elected.


Quote:
So here you have it, Sting. I will come out and say that I don't think Tim Kaine was the best choice. I think he we would be far less ready to assume the presidency as Joe Biden. I will go out and say he wouldn't be ready to assume the presidency.
Thats great, but obviously team Obama felt differently because they would never consider someone who is NOT qualified or prepared.


Quote:
That being said, let's get back to Sarah Palin, who as your Kaine argument implies, is not the most ready of candidates for VP either. Since she's so obviously unready, how the hell did Sarah Palin make it to the TOP of McCain's picks?
I've never once claimed that Tim Kaine or Sarah Palin is unqualified to be President or Vice President. Sarah Palin and Tim Kaine were already discussed in this forum prior to the VP selections as being potential Vice Presidents and not a single person claimed they were unqualified.



Quote:
As for Kaine: here's my idea, stolen from none other than Karl Rove. Tim Kaine was on the list because he may have been a shrewd political choice to make - ie it would help him win Virginia but may not have been the best choice for the role a VP plays. Kind of like Sarah Palin. Obama at some point realized that, hey, maybe Kaine wouldn't be the right choice because he doesn't fulfill that essential VP role - readiness to take over as president should the need arise, as Joe Biden does. And Obama made the correct choice from a governance perspective, whereas John McCain did not.
Its a waste of time and money to consider people who are not qualified and prepared for the position. Presidential nominees select from a pool of qualified and prepared individuals. Both Team Obama and Team McCain considered Kaine and Palin because they felt they were qualified and prepared for the position.
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #998
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
As for Kaine: here's my idea, stolen from none other than Karl Rove. Tim Kaine was on the list because he may have been a shrewd political choice to make - ie it would help him win Virginia but may not have been the best choice for the role a VP plays. Kind of like Sarah Palin. Obama at some point realized that, hey, maybe Kaine wouldn't be the right choice because he doesn't fulfill that essential VP role - readiness to take over as president should the need arise, as Joe Biden does. And Obama made the correct choice from a governance perspective, whereas John McCain did not.


thusly demonstrating that it is Obama who made the responsible, presidential pick, and John McCain did not.

it is quite obvious who is ready to be president, and who is not.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #999
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Thinking about someone and choosing someone as VP are two totally different things. You think they're the same. You act is if he might as well have picked Kaine just because Kaine was considered. It's totally different.
Presidential nominees for President choose their Vice President from a group of qualified and prepared individuals. Its a waste of time and money to consider someone who is not qualified or prepared for the job.
Strongbow is offline  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #1000
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 03:45 AM


This is pointless.
__________________

Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×