Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The real reason no one wants to discuss Tim Kaine's qualifications is because he wasn't picked. Obama did not pick Tim Kaine, so it's kinda pointless discussing the qualifications of someone that the presidential nominee decided wasn't the man for the job.

The Republican presidential nominee chose someone for VP who has questionable qualifications for the position (to put it mildly). The Democratic nominee did not. I don't know how much more obvious I can make it.

This thread is about Sarah Palin. If your going to claim that Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President or Vice President, then you should be able explain why other Presidents, Vice Presidents, nominees, or those that were considered for the position, with similar levels of experience are qualified and she is not. Its that simple.

When your just comparing Joe Biden and Sarah Palin you can make the arguement that Joe Biden's experience means he is better prepared and more qualified to be VP than Sarah Palin, but you cannot based on that comparison alone, claim that Sarah Palin is unqualified to be VP.

Hey, your the one thats suggesting that Kaine was not selected because he was unqualified. If Team Obama really thought Kaine was unqualified, how the hell did he make it into the top 3 of his picks?

It's called the vetting process. There's a lot of decisions that have to be made when it comes to this. I don't see why Obama thinking about Kaine has any relation to McCain choosing Palin. Quite frankly, I don't think you do either.

If you honestly just said, "I'm voting for McCain-Palin simply because they're Republicans," it would end all of this. It would be honest, it would make sense, it would save us all a lot of time.

Thinking about someone and choosing someone as VP are two totally different things. You think they're the same. You act is if he might as well have picked Kaine just because Kaine was considered. It's totally different.

Thinking about someone and choosing someone as VP are two totally different things. You think they're the same. You act is if he might as well have picked Kaine just because Kaine was considered. It's totally different.

Woah, woah, WOAH pfan. You're making sense. You're showing the capability of nuanced thought.

Knock it off. :angry:

Commie.

You could say the same think about the President. When you vote for either Obama or McCain in November, your also voting for the VP as well. You vote for the ticket, there is no individual election for the President.

The fact that so many of these questions about qualifications and being prepared go unanswered just goes to show that the criticisms of Palin are simply politically motivated and not really based on objective facts.

Clintons, Tim Kaines and even Obama's relative lack of experience is rather obvious, and even if an arguement could be made that they had more experience than Governor Palin just prior to running for P/VP or being considered for the ticket, you could not honestly argue those small differences made them qualified and Governor Palin not qualifed.

i wonder if even need to be here for this discussion.

Your whole argument around Tim Kaine all but admits that Sarah Palin is not ready as well. The whole way you frame it basically says "well yeah, she's not ready, but neither was he!"

I've never said that Tim Kaine was not qualified to be President or Vice President and Obama obviously feels that he was qualified otherwise he would not have considered him for the position. A President only considers qualified people for the office of Vice President. He then picks the one he feels is the best candidate out of that group and would give him the best chance of being elected.

So here you have it, Sting. I will come out and say that I don't think Tim Kaine was the best choice. I think he we would be far less ready to assume the presidency as Joe Biden. I will go out and say he wouldn't be ready to assume the presidency.

Thats great, but obviously team Obama felt differently because they would never consider someone who is NOT qualified or prepared.

That being said, let's get back to Sarah Palin, who as your Kaine argument implies, is not the most ready of candidates for VP either. Since she's so obviously unready, how the hell did Sarah Palin make it to the TOP of McCain's picks?

I've never once claimed that Tim Kaine or Sarah Palin is unqualified to be President or Vice President. Sarah Palin and Tim Kaine were already discussed in this forum prior to the VP selections as being potential Vice Presidents and not a single person claimed they were unqualified.

As for Kaine: here's my idea, stolen from none other than Karl Rove. Tim Kaine was on the list because he may have been a shrewd political choice to make - ie it would help him win Virginia but may not have been the best choice for the role a VP plays. Kind of like Sarah Palin. Obama at some point realized that, hey, maybe Kaine wouldn't be the right choice because he doesn't fulfill that essential VP role - readiness to take over as president should the need arise, as Joe Biden does. And Obama made the correct choice from a governance perspective, whereas John McCain did not.

Its a waste of time and money to consider people who are not qualified and prepared for the position. Presidential nominees select from a pool of qualified and prepared individuals. Both Team Obama and Team McCain considered Kaine and Palin because they felt they were qualified and prepared for the position.

As for Kaine: here's my idea, stolen from none other than Karl Rove. Tim Kaine was on the list because he may have been a shrewd political choice to make - ie it would help him win Virginia but may not have been the best choice for the role a VP plays. Kind of like Sarah Palin. Obama at some point realized that, hey, maybe Kaine wouldn't be the right choice because he doesn't fulfill that essential VP role - readiness to take over as president should the need arise, as Joe Biden does. And Obama made the correct choice from a governance perspective, whereas John McCain did not.

thusly demonstrating that it is Obama who made the responsible, presidential pick, and John McCain did not.

it is quite obvious who is ready to be president, and who is not.

Presidential nominees for President choose their Vice President from a group of qualified and prepared individuals. Its a waste of time and money to consider someone who is not qualified or prepared for the job.

thusly demonstrating that it is Obama who made the responsible, presidential pick, and John McCain did not.

it is quite obvious who is ready to be president, and who is not.

The fact that Obama did not pick Kaine only shows that he thought Biden was the better choice for him either politically or professionally. It does not imply in any way that he thought Kaine was unqualified or not ready to be President. Presidential nominees choose their Vice Presidents from a list of qualified and prepared individuals.

The fact that Obama did not pick Kaine only shows that he thought Biden was the better choice for him either politically or professionally. It does not imply in any way that he thought Kaine was unqualified or not ready to be President. Presidential nominees choose their Vice Presidents from a list of qualified and prepared individuals.

thus, Obama made the responsible, mature, presidential pick.

as you've admitted, John McCain did not.

even Karl Rove understands this.

attention! Sarah speaks! she unleashes a comment that wasn't scripted!

“Disappointed that taxpayers are called upon to bailout another one. Certainly AIG though with the construction bonds that they’re holding and with the insurance that they are holding very, very impactful to Americans so you know the shot that has been called by the Feds it's understandable but very, very disappointing that taxpayers are called upon for another one.”

if that doesn't inspire confidence and validate everything STING has said, i don't know what will!

McCain-Palin '08!

It's called the vetting process. There's a lot of decisions that have to be made when it comes to this. I don't see why Obama thinking about Kaine has any relation to McCain choosing Palin. Quite frankly, I don't think you do either.

If you honestly just said, "I'm voting for McCain-Palin simply because they're Republicans," it would end all of this. It would be honest, it would make sense, it would save us all a lot of time.

They only look at candidates who they feel are qualified and prepared for the job. Looking at anyone else would be a waste of time and money.

If Sarah Palin was a pro-choice, anti-gun Democratic Governor from the State of Alaska, and Obama picked her, there is no doubt in my mind that many of the people attempting to discredit her by saying she is unqualified would be going out of their way to defend her against any charge that she was not qualified to be Vice President.

If Sarah Palin was a pro-choice, anti-gun Democratic Governor from the State of Alaska, and Obama picked her, there is no doubt in my mind that many of the people attempting to discredit her by saying she is unqualified would be going out of their way to defend her against any charge that she was not qualified to be Vice President.

in your mind, that's probably true.

do you have many discussions with yourself outside of this forum? because yourself is the only person you've actually engaged with on any sort of meaningful level.

thus, Obama made the responsible, mature, presidential pick.

as you've admitted, John McCain did not.

even Karl Rove understands this.

Both Obama and McCain made the VP picks they thought would give their ticket the best chance of winning in November.

Time for a new thread folks.

Daily Excitement #1 has been addressed, as for #2, all I can say is use your own good judgment about which arguments are worth getting drawn into, rather than impaling yourself and others over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom