Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 2 - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #441
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
This is the HUGE problem with this election. There have been so many rumors and 1/2 truths spun to make a particular candidate look questionable. There have been some on the side of Obama and a boat load in just over a week about Palin. Thankfully we have 2 months where both tickets will be able to present their case to America and, hopefully, we can all sift through the BS from Kos and the like....as well as on the Conservative side, and make a good decision.
Sure, there have been some rumours about Palin. But the thing is, many are not rumours, they've been substantiated! And the reason there have been a "boat load" over the past week and a bit is because it's the first time her entire political career has been under national scrutiny, and she's not standing up well to the examination.

Part of the problem is that if there were just one or two scandalous elements to her political past for the media to focus on, then word would get out there to the public. As it stands now, there are just too many unsavoury elements, and their efforts have been scattered.

That's what you get when you go with a relative unknown who wasn't vetted properly.
__________________

VintagePunk is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #442
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:08 AM

[QUOTE=deep;5435884]ACLU was right




This is a man that believed poll taxes and literacy tests should be allowed.

QUOTE]

This could have helped the Dems read the ballot better and win Florida in 2000.

<>
__________________

diamond is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #443
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Sure, there have been some rumours about Palin. But the thing is, many are not rumours, they've been substantiated! And the reason there have been a "boat load" over the past week and a bit is because it's the first time her entire political career has been under national scrutiny, and she's not standing up well to the examination.

Part of the problem is that if there were just one or two scandalous elements to her political past for the media to focus on, then word would get out there to the public. As it stands now, there are just too many unsavoury elements, and their efforts have been scattered.

That's what you get when you go with a relative unknown who wasn't vetted properly.
Actually most all of it has been proven NOT TRUE. Get your facts straight. And it is not because of her 1st time in the national spotlight. It is because the left media and liberal bloggers than see the election tide turning. The cannot let a Republican win again...at any cost.

Not vetted properly? Keep buying into the lies.
TheEdge U2JT is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #444
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Palin is a saint. Anyone who says differently is a liberal scared of defeat.
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #445
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,247
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
Actually most all of it has been proven NOT TRUE. Get your facts straight. And it is not because of her 1st time in the national spotlight. It is because the left media and liberal bloggers than see the election tide turning. The cannot let a Republican win again...at any cost.

Not vetted properly? Keep buying into the lies.
I have a question for you, and it's not really "on topic". Why are you the way you are?
No spoken words is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #446
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
Keep buying into the lies.


you've aptly demonstrated this. we'll know what not to do.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #447
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
Actually most all of it has been proven NOT TRUE. Get your facts straight.
It's time to put your money where your mouth is: can you list any of these rumors that have been proven false? Besides her baby actually being Bristol's baby.

You can't expect to make statements like that and get away with it without showing some facts of your own.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #448
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Palin is a saint. Anyone who says differently is a liberal scared of defeat.
Palin is a self-hating tool of the patriarchy.

Anyone who says differently is a women-hating conservative.
financeguy is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #449
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
Actually most all of it has been proven NOT TRUE. Get your facts straight. And it is not because of her 1st time in the national spotlight. It is because the left media and liberal bloggers than see the election tide turning. The cannot let a Republican win again...at any cost.

Not vetted properly? Keep buying into the lies.
You're lecturing folks on getting facts straight? That's funny.

You don't think this has anything to do with the fact that she went from unknown to VP nominee in a week? Please! If this was a known canidate, things would be completely different. Stop with your "left" this "liberal" that, it completely weakens your argument and makes you look paranoid.

We've had time to figure things out about the other canidates, they don't need to be publicly vetted, she does, and that is exactly what's going on.
BVS is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #450
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
Except I made it quite clear that they are...mostly. We just remember the bitter fights of those who lost. Roberts and Alito were approved with little trouble, not to mention that Breyer and Ginsberg didn't have a Congressional fight either.
So who's fault is that? That is the system we have in place and it is clear that the system works. If the appointees get approved then they must have been qualified enough to get approved. I cannot believe that our Senate leader only choose to act in what you describe as, "Exceptional Circumstances."

If you disagree, you should submit a complaint to Joe Biden when he returns to the Senate after he loses the election in November.
TheEdge U2JT is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #451
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
It's time to put your money where your mouth is: can you list any of these rumors that have been proven false? Besides her baby actually being Bristol's baby.

You can't expect to make statements like that and get away with it without showing some facts of your own.

Palin Rumors | Explorations
TheEdge U2JT is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #452
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Where the beer flows like wine...
Posts: 4,528
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I have a question for you, and it's not really "on topic". Why are you the way you are?


Come on guys, stop being so hard on Chuck.





Anyways, forgive my slight delay, I've been catching up on the thread,
but thought this was indirectly relevant (or not ) a few pages back with regard to teleprompter/lack of issue.









Juuuust saying.................


Ok, you may now return to your irregularly scheduled debate.
Night & Day is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #453
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ásgarðr
Posts: 11,782
Local Time: 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
So who's fault is that? That is the system we have in place and it is clear that the system works. If the appointees get approved then they must have been qualified enough to get approved. I cannot believe that our Senate leader only choose to act in what you describe as, "Exceptional Circumstances."

If you disagree, you should submit a complaint to Joe Biden when he returns to the Senate after he loses the election in November.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

My only point was that the President is important in picking Supreme Court justices.
melon is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #454
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
You're lecturing folks on getting facts straight? That's funny.

You don't think this has anything to do with the fact that she went from unknown to VP nominee in a week? Please! If this was a known canidate, things would be completely different. Stop with your "left" this "liberal" that, it completely weakens your argument and makes you look paranoid.

We've had time to figure things out about the other canidates, they don't need to be publicly vetted, she does, and that is exactly what's going on.
So tell me where it states that a Presidential nominee has to do their vetting process through the media?

The public should and will seek more info but rumors about her child, affairs, being a Nazi supported, a Buchanan supporter, she cut funding for unwed mothers, she's anit-semitic....on and on.....that is not vetting. It IS liberal bloggers that have started these vicious lies. If you want to bury your head in the sand on it, fine. Its not like I think any of you are really willing to see her qualifications and know the truth. It seems you are wringing you hands in hope and excitement that this crap might be true. Give it up. You can call me paranoid but the reactions of several of you on here just makes me laugh. Its clear the I hit a nerve with you.
TheEdge U2JT is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #455
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I have a question for you, and it's not really "on topic". Why are you the way you are?

?????
TheEdge U2JT is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #456
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
So tell me where it states that a Presidential nominee has to do their vetting process through the media?

The public should and will seek more info but rumors about her child, affairs, being a Nazi supported, a Buchanan supporter, she cut funding for unwed mothers, she's anit-semitic....on and on.....that is not vetting. It IS liberal bloggers that have started these vicious lies. If you want to bury your head in the sand on it, fine. Its not like I think any of you are really willing to see her qualifications and know the truth. It seems you are wringing you hands in hope and excitement that this crap might be true. Give it up. You can call me paranoid but the reactions of several of you on here just makes me laugh. Its clear the I hit a nerve with you.
What's clear is that you came in here swinging without getting a feel for the place and people first. You have started out here in an extremely partisan way, so forgive us if we don't take you too seriously when you blame others of being blinded or so partisan we can't admit our own mistakes.

As to your rumors page, I haven't even heard of most of those, but I can believe that some were speculating on them even though they may not have been true - a lot of the blogosphere is speculation on rumors, and that is certainly true for both sides of the political spectrum. There are also some errors. That page claims she turned down the money for the bridge. Which is misleading. The bridge wasn't built, but the money was not returned to the federal government. A lot of those "proofs" aren't even proofs either, just dismissals without any actual evidence to back them up (the reason for the firing of the librarian & police chief, for one).

I also can't help but notice that the issues that I have consistently brought up here about her, and the ones I have challenged you on several times, are either not on that list, or are confirmed true, though in in cursory terms ("yes, she did take money from the federal government"). I can surely admit that some of the rumors are false, but I have not been on here spreading any of those rumors except the ones that your "proof" page either doesn't address or admits are true.

Interesting.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #457
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
Okay, so I just read this. Like Diemen, I've either not even heard of most of these, or I've heard of them, and they've been quickly discounted. If you think these are the only ones out there, then you're only looking for proof that you're right, you're not looking for the truth.
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #458
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
So tell me where it states that a Presidential nominee has to do their vetting process through the media?
You're missing my point. I'm saying this is what the media does, because that's what the public wants. We want to know something about the people we're voting for... The public knew nothing about this woman. So of course the media is going to start finding information and with the race for information and trying to be the one that breaks the next story, some things are going to be wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
The public should and will seek more info but rumors about her child, affairs, being a Nazi supported, a Buchanan supporter, she cut funding for unwed mothers, she's anit-semitic....on and on.....that is not vetting.
You don't think people care about these things? Of course they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
It IS liberal bloggers that have started these vicious lies. If you want to bury your head in the sand on it, fine. Its not like I think any of you are really willing to see her qualifications and know the truth. It seems you are wringing you hands in hope and excitement that this crap might be true. Give it up.
Vicious lies? The whole baby story thing was stupid, someone spoke before they had all the facts straight, but I haven't heard any other vicious lie. I've heard stories that haven't been clear, and information taken out of context. But like I said that's going to happen when people are racing to get information.

I do want to know the truth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge U2JT View Post
You can call me paranoid but the reactions of several of you on here just makes me laugh. Its clear the I hit a nerve with you.
Why do you think you hit a nerve? It's funny how you are concerned about rumors and lies yet you posted one of the biggest lies in a thread that wasn't even on topic.

You came in swinging and attacking yet somehow "we're" at fault...
BVS is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #459
War Child
 
TheEdge U2JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a lot of love!
Posts: 947
Local Time: 02:08 AM
I'm not sure how you can say came in swinging. I am passionate about what I believe and I take the time to research and develop my opinions. I dont mean to offend anyone but it did seemed that everyone in here were big enough boys and girls to have a rational debate about this election. There seemed to be plenty that are clearly supporting Obama that are dishing it out.

I respect everyones opinion even if I dont agree. I've heard a lot of...that was sarcasm, responding to me. You all can be sarcastic but nothing I say is? I think you might all be taking a lot of what I say a bit too personally for some reason.

I'm sitting here at home laughing at most of this. I feel like Custer! I'm surrounded. You wont change my mind and I know I will not change yours BUT what I have read from all of you has challenged me on what I believe and solidified my opinion that McCain should be our next President.

Believe me, there is nothing personal here. Regardless of who wins, we are all in this together. Stuck with what comes next good or bad.
TheEdge U2JT is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #460
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Why do you think you hit a nerve? It's funny how you are concerned about rumors and lies yet you posted one of the biggest lies in a thread that wasn't even on topic.

You came in swinging and attacking yet somehow "we're" at fault...
BVS, you are not representative of the FYM community at large. If you choose to believe that you are, then you are deluding yourself. You have a consistent habit of trying to isolate and embarass conservative posters. You do not display the consistency you demand off of conservative posters in your own posts.

Maybe something to bear in mind when you are giving your moral lectures to people.
__________________

financeguy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×