Is Michael Moore still relevant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The same question was put to Rush Limbaugh when Bush41 lost in 1992. His response was that his career was not effected by who won what election. I would have to say that this would probably be the case for Mr. Moore as well.

Besides, this election was a win-win for Moore anyway. If Bush lost, he could gloat and say that his movie helped the cause. Bush's victory gave Moore 4 more years to make $$$ off of those who hang on his every word.

Last edited:
Absolutely. The left is looking for a voice, so to speak. I personally have never been a big fan of Moore's, but now he's one of the people I'm watching as much out of curiosity as anything. I just joined Howard Dean's group, we lefties aren't going anywhere.

Yea, Michael Moore can be a blowhard, but there other lefties to check out, Jim Hightower, Eric Alterman, Barbara Ehrenreich, Molly Ivins. Sadly, they aren't the famewhore Michael Moore is so they don't get as much attention.

If this forum is any guide, I'd say the 'righties' are more obsessed with Moore than the 'lefties'.

DrTeeth said:
If this forum is any guide, I'd say the 'righties' are more obsessed with Moore than the 'lefties'.

I think you're right. To be honest I don't even think about Moore that much. When I think of leftie leaders and voices I think of someone like Howard Dean, whose grassroots group I just joined, and other lefties who are more sophisticated than MM is.

Back
Top Bottom