iraqitruthproject...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it would be fine except for one extionally large problem, that's not how the war was sold to us.

We're already in Iraq, the reason for this documentary seems moot.

Should have spent their time and energy shedding light on the other murderous regimes out there.

There's no question that Saddam was a murderous tyrant who didn't care who he screwed or killed to get his political agenda across. However, he wasn't exactly the only disgusting tyrant on the planet. The guys in the Sudan and Zimbabwe both really piss me off too. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Saddam trumps Mugabe on almost every conceiveable point; Mugabe is a tin pot dictator, Saddam was genuine mass murdering tyrant who ran a police state and murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Documenting and cataloguing the deaths caused by the regime is the only way to guarantee that the world understands how evil it is and do its best to never let it happen again; no different than releasing material from the holocaust, only on a significantly smaller scale.

Last edited:
Really though it is backwards; Saddam had already gotten rid of tens of thousands of opponents, gassed the Kurds and fought al war against an equally brutal neighbour. All reasons that he should have been removed in 1991 but due to diplomatic compromises and the lack of a mandate as well as military and geopolitical considerations it didn't happen.

He was like Hitler; if in WW2 the western allies stopped at the Rhine then pulled back to the Maginot Line while the Soviets pulled back to Poland and they spent a decade keeping German under millitary blockade while the Nazis stayed to power.

Different Heartland, dude, different Heartland.

But if you are looking for an actual Bono quote critical of America, hey, look no further than the lyrics to Bullet.

Sorry if it doesn't fit your illusions.

NYRangers78 said:
wanderer, i dont get your last point...did u mean to keep the "IF" in there??
In WW2 they went all the way into Germany and crushed the Reich, unlike Saddam Hussein who was kicked out of Kuwait and then boxed in with a policy of containment.

Now all that is said and done, with the removal of Saddam, do you support the Iraqi's right to self determination through democratic process?

This is independent of the initial deposing of Saddam, the legality of that and the cost and possible ramifications of it.

Are you asking me?

Yes I do, but the incipient civil war is going to mess that up a little, isn't it.

NYRangers78 said:
i read somewhere where a guy said imagine if the world did to hitler what bush is doing to saddam. maybe 6 million jews woildnt have died....just something to think about...

Problem is, whoever said that is completely clueless. Toppling of Saddam had been tried and failed and then allowed to just go about his ways, and let's not forget the fact that we backed the guy for years.

But let's just allow the revisionist to make us sound like heros.:|

Don't forget, some liberals actually supported the invasion of Iraq. I basically did not but tried to keep an open mind about the issue because Saddam was an evil :censored:

Back
Top Bottom