Iowa Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:
I think it's hilarious how the Republicans are suddenly all hanging on to McCain like he's their own personal Jesus, after having written him off for pretty much all of last year (except STING here, I have to hand it to him, he's devoted). Everyone else was crowing about RUUUUUUUUUDY and Fred and diamond had a lot of man love for Mitt, and so on.

But suddenly, when faced with the prospect of a hillbilly being beaten by every Democrat on the ticket, everyone is changing their tune.

I am not sure if you feel I have thrown McCain under the bus or not. He is the reason I became a Republican in 2000. I do believe he has taken unpopular stances on many an issue. Even when I disagree with him, it does not bother me because there is something about the man that makes me able to tolorate the news.

What I find insane is how he can kiss the right wing of the party's ass. It sickens me. I liked that he stood up to them in 2000. I suppose it is the price for winning.

I am no longer a Republican. I would like to see him get the nomination over any of the other candidates on the republican side.

I never really got the sense that you were strongly in anyone's corner this time around so I actually didn't think of you when making the post.

Are you decided?

I always liked and respected McCain as well even when I disagreed with him.

And I too was disappointed by his sucking up to the right wing.

When we will start hearing the official results of the Iowa caucuses?

I think Edwards will hang on to win, with Clinton in second and Obama in third.

For the Republicans, looks like it will be close between Huckabee and Romney, although something tells me Huckabee will win comfortably.

phanan said:
I think Edwards will hang on to win, with Clinton in second and Obama in third.

For the Republicans, looks like it will be close between Huckabee and Romney, although something tells me Huckabee will win comfortably.

If the early results hold, you'll be dead on.

Obama has moved into the lead.

Huckabee takes it. LOL.

Mitt, Mitt, Mitt.

They're interviewing Mitt right now on FNC. You can tell just by looking at him that he's stunned and uncomfortable, and you can all but see the sweat beads rolling down his face.

I love the evangelicals showing up in huge numbers and sticking it to the Republican establishment. Wow, schadenfreude is so delightful!

They just said on CNN the turnout of evangelicals in Iowa is twice what it was last time — and they're voting for Huckabee. Romney didn't get the Christian vote like he claimed he would.

"What does it say about Romney that the more money he spends and the better they get to know him the less they like him?" — Anderson Cooper

coemgen said:
With 50 percent in, Obama has 34 percent. Edwards 32, Clinton 31.

If those three finish all within that close to each other, I don't think it will matter who wins Iowa. As this continues on, it will depend on which candidate can get the most separation from the others. It's obviously not going to happen tonight.

I can agree with you there, however, as I see it at least, if Obama gets it, I kind of have sensed him as a favorite in the media. He was all over Time magazine. If he wins, I think his celebrity will be magnified. However, if it's still close, or if one of the other two wins, it'll still be a fight in the media.

It's now Obama 35 percent. Edwards and Clinton, 31 percent.

I'm glad Huckabee is going to win this. This definitely hurts Romney, and maybe will propel McCain into victory on Tuesday, and gradually Romney will be phased out. Since Huckabee doesn't have much anywhere else, I think he's basically done regardless of if he wins or loses tonight. I think it will come down to McCain or Giuliani, and whether or not Rudy's strategy works. If it does, Rudy. If it doesn't, McCain.

If all goes according to plan, McCain emerges. :wink: :drool:

coemgen said:
They just said on CNN the turnout of evangelicals in Iowa is twice what it was last time — and they're voting for Huckabee. Romney didn't get the Christian vote like he claimed he would.

i love seeing religious bigotry come back to bite the GOP in the ass.

2861U2 said:

he's your only shot to win, so if i wanted another GOP term, i'd be happy with this too.

looks like a dogfight for the Dems. i wonder if the Clintons have anything else up their sleeves in regards to Obama.

Irvine511 said:

he's your only shot to win, so if i wanted another GOP term, i'd be happy with this too.

looks like a dogfight for the Dems. i wonder if the Clintons have anything else up their sleeves in regards to Obama.

McCain doesn't want to go up against Obama.

Obama is after the independents the same way. Except he's younger, better looking, has LOADS more money and is able to get young people and first time voters out to the polls in absolutely astonishing numbers.

McCain is hoping for Hillary, you better believe it.

2861U2 said:
I'm glad Huckabee is going to win this. This definitely hurts Romney, and maybe will propel McCain into victory on Tuesday, and gradually Romney will be phased out. Since Huckabee doesn't have much anywhere else, I think he's basically done regardless of if he wins or loses tonight. I think it will come down to McCain or Giuliani, and whether or not Rudy's strategy works. If it does, Rudy. If it doesn't, McCain.

Mark this down, kids. I'm (mostly) agreeing with 2861. Though I think Rudy is done for.

I really hope McCain gets the Republican nomination. It would be a more honest race that way. He's by far the most qualified out of any of the Republicans, and pretty much the only one I respect out of the bunch (save his shameless kiss-assery of the far right).

Back
Top Bottom