Intollerence in San Francisco??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:

Not at all. I would expect a black politician to make similar statements about a KKK rally or a Jewish politician regarding a neo-Nazi really.

If Christians insist on making homosexuals an enemy, then they had better be prepared for the fallout.

Melon

Using the common analogy games played here, you are calling Christians Nazis.

That is just about the end of credibility here.

nbcrusader said:
Using the common analogy games played here, you are calling Christians Nazis.

That is just about the end of credibility here.

Yours ran out long ago.

And as for whether Christians are Nazis, that's a logical leap you made all your own.

Melon

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
San Francisco is the Pat Robertson of the left.

It may be unfair...

But then, is blocking various groups from participating in NY's St. Patrick's Day parade fair? Isn't one of the biggest countries in the world, the "doorway" into the U.S., open to everyone? Apparently not. So while San Fran may be too liberal, when they finally do something viewed as - dare I say it - conservative, they are blasted.

Nonetheless, people should be able to congregate. I will not look at this one event and say San Fran. is close-minded. In contrast, groups in NY haven't been able to participate in the parades for years.

The evangelical group calling its event a "battle," the invocation of salvation as a kind of "war," these are indeed provocations.

The San Francisco Bay Area is one of the safe spaces left in the U.S. for the queer, pervy, and sexually adventurous.

Also, most Christians in the SF Bay Area are probably like Cecil Williams and support gay marriage and the like.

So where does that leave us?

I think passing a city resolution against a rally of this ilk is a bad idea, even if *some* of the kids at the rally are anti-gay bigots.

I live and teach in a very conservative area, and while I actually understand the moral argument against abortion (while being prochoice), I have never understood the moral argument against love, thus making homophobia, even the religious kind, one of the most immoral ideas I've ever come across.

Anu

Back
Top Bottom