Ingesting one's placenta, acceptable or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this acceptable?

• Yes, I'm a woman who is a mom and think it is

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Yes, I'm a woman with no kids and think it is

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • No, I'm a woman with kids and say no.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No, I'm a woman with no kids

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I'm male and say no.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I'm male and say yes, and let them have cake too.

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
unico said:

okay...now i feel like i'm going crazy. i am CERTAIN i saw a low letter grade on the boxes of beef i had to fetch from the freezer. i don't know if i still know the people that work there, but i'll see if i can find out. i'm not crazy i'm not crazy i'm not crazy.

as for the other stuff: i'll see what data i can find on the human flesh getting mixed in with the foods. i wish i knew where that student was! she had all the info.

side note: in college i found a finger nail in my ice cream
remember the woman who found the fried chicken head @ mcdonald's? that was my aunt :)

I gotta say nobody takes a thread off the rails with more style, panache, and just plain old fun, than you. :) :wink:

I don't see how it could be cannibalism any more than using breast milk would be.

By the way my protein powder has colostrum in it, which is what comes in before breast milk. I don't want to know how they get it.

I think/thought hospitals let you decide what you do with the placenta. Around here anyways. Otherwise they are sold to companies that manufacture hair products etc. You can choose for it to be disposed of. You can also take it home. I know some who have planted theirs :shrug:

yolland said:
I can't believe no one's brought up semen "consumption" yet...

I swear I almost did but thought it was too obvious so I went for urine consumption instead. :wink:

:angry: i can't seem to find anything supporting my apparently dellusional claim. so tonight i'm calling every single one of my friends that used to work there (that i still talk to.)

sean - it takes skillz to be as :cool: as i am.

unico said:
okay...now i feel like i'm going crazy. i am CERTAIN i saw a low letter grade on the boxes of beef i had to fetch from the freezer.
You probably are going crazy, because you're attempting to interact with someone who will actually go over to the BLS site and spend half an hour doing data sorts on food industry amputation figures "just out of curiosity."

Grocery stores will sometimes say their beef is "grade A," I did look into that but it seems that's just a marketing term.
side note: in college i found a finger nail in my ice cream
remember the woman who found the fried chicken head @ mcdonald's? that was my aunt :)
I hadn't ever heard that story, but I went and looked just now. That photo is priceless.

I have found hair in frozen stuff once or twice, never a fingernail though.

yolland said:

You probably are going crazy, because you're attempting to interact with someone who will actually go over to the BLS site and spend half an hour doing data sorts on food industry amputation figures "just out of curiosity."

:lol:

I love you guys! :hug:

maycocksean said:

:lol:

I love you guys! :hug:

:hug:

yeah i can believe the grade a is a marketing tool. but i just feel so SURE i saw grade E on the boxes. i remember thinking "wtf is E????"

i think my "going crazy" happened way before i interacted with you and before i saw imaginary letters on beef cartons. maybe this is all because of the fingernail in the ice cream.

Last edited:
yolland said:

Grocery stores will sometimes say their beef is "grade A," I did look into that but it seems that's just a marketing term.

I hadn't ever heard that story, but I went and looked just now. That photo is priceless.

I have found hair in frozen stuff once or twice, never a fingernail though.

Okay, I just went and looked at the fried chicken head, too. :ohmy:

im a little concern w some of the posts by the female crowd in this fourm.
i'm also alarmed at how the voting is going.
i spoke to my wife about this practice of placenta eating and she said it was common among the wiccan crowd.

we live in a troubled society.

dbs

What's the matter? Are we challenging your worldview? Maybe challenging your beliefs, since clearly, we're all just a bunch of heathens?

Edit: At the risk of being too knee-jerk, why are you alarmed, and why are you concerned?

Last edited:
diamond said:

dbs

I just don't understand why you care? Why would it cause you concern or alarm? Again, nobody's going to make you eat it!

(for the record, I've never eaten placenta, I've known people who have, I don't think it's that weird, but just not something I was interested in)

diamond said:
i spoke to my wife about this practice of placenta eating and she said it was common among the wiccan crowd.

dbs

Why does this make us a troubled society? I can think of 101 things you and "your crowd" do that make this a much more troublesome society than this harmless act.

diamond said:

dbs

:rolleyes:

I'm like Jules and pork on this one, I just don't dig on placenta, it shouldn't be some heinous act if someone does it, especially in the privacy of their own home.

How soon after you became an ex-philanderer were you morally pure enough to judge others and their actions that don't affect you or anyone else in any way (besides a small ick factor), dbs?

I don't really care what anyone else ingests. :shrug:

diamond said:
Diemen,

Try as you may you are not a woman, inwhich the last post was directed at.

So, when you post threads that make blatantly incorrect statements about homosexuality, only homosexuals can respond?

Yes, I looked up the book - and it doesn't justify your position. The ripple effect basically says that your thoughts and actions can affect others in unseen ways. Eating their own placenta doesn't affect how these women treat others. Actually, no, that's wrong - according to some of these women, it does affect their treatment of others - in a positive way because they feel less depressed and better able to interact. So actually you should be happy for them, for they are causing more positive ripples if we're to believe your book.

But tell me, exactly how are you treating these other women when you link them to a troubled society?

I think it's a bit barbaric and God doesn't want us to eat our own bodies.

Just a gut feeling mine you, one that I do not care to debate.

dbs

diamond said:
I think it's a bit barbaric and God doesn't want us to eat our own bodies.

Just a gut feeling mine you, one that I do not care to debate.

dbs

So you want to criticize but not debate it? Somehow I'm not surprised.

Back
Top Bottom