In the Spirit of John 15:17 I dare both Repulicans/Democrats and Non US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
citizens to write 5 NICE things about the opposing polictical leader.
Example-
Im a Republican.
I did not vote for Clinton.:mad:
However I grew to like a handful of things about him.:)
Non US Residents I dare you also to write 5 nice things about Bush if you do not like him OR Clinton if you did like him.
Im daring YOU all.
Im in your face, wanna play?

My 5-

1- Clinton was chrismatic..

2-Clinton was personable-my nephew had a conversation w him after winning a National Scholarship.

Im glad he was nice to a family member:)

3-I think he brought the races in our country together a little more.:idea:

4- He has a weakness for women, makes him a regular fellow.:ohmy:

5-He and Bono are genuine friends.

Next............
DB9
:idea:

well, I think non US people should just talk about their own governments.
It irks me that you and manyother americans think we should all care about your political leaders and movers when I doubt you could name 2, 3 or maybe even any canadian prime ministers.

For me, i voted liberal

I don't have much good to say for the PC's

The NDP party has some nice points in their platform but on our current budget I think they aim just a little too high

the alliance party....well....whatever
too right wing
I think if they got in it wouldn't be long before we were paying for our medical care under a two tier health system.

hmmm...
I'm not really for any political party. I liked the NDP's idea of lower income housing and lower tuition fees. But they've done some stuff in the past I don't like. I really don't like the alliance because they focus too much on people with families. Single people get like no benefits with them. I like the liberals because they're not conservative.

To tell the truth, I really don't like any party. It's hard to say 5 things I like about them. Go marijuana party!

well diamond, i've never spoke specific smack about one or the other party. and no basstrap, i can't name one canadian prime minister. educate me.

and diamond, if i said i could come up with something nice to say about him that had to do with politics, i'd be lying. i guess one nice thing i could say is he's married to laura bush.

and even that was tough to say.

diamond, i just don't like bush. i just don't. not because he's republican. because i don't like what he is doing. so please, don't blame this on my liberal thinking. thank you.

Lilly said:
well diamond, i've never spoke specific smack about one or the other party. and no basstrap, i can't name one canadian prime minister. educate me.

and diamond, if i said i could come up with something nice to say about him that had to do with politics, i'd be lying. i guess one nice thing i could say is he's married to laura bush.

and even that was tough to say.

diamond, i just don't like bush. i just don't. not because he's republican. because i don't like what he is doing. so please, don't blame this on my liberal thinking. thank you.
well thats a start lilly.
i didnt come to appreciate clinton till after he was outta office-
db9

I don't liike politics .........

I don't like first Bush , but GW is ok to me , quite honestly this pic where he's at his rancho with on cowboy hat on his head , he's real , maybe dumb , but much better look then his father .

Basstrap said:

this will only happen when the US stop interfering with other governments ( not that it is always wrong )

Anyway, on this moment i can find just one thing positive thing about Bush, he want to protect Doctors and Medical staff for claims more than $250.000. O, and he has Powell.

Hey, i found a second,... The big companies most be more responsible for thier workers,...

1.) Bush got clean and sober after having trouble with drugs/alcohol; he knew when he had to put his family first.

2.) He seems to genuinely love his wife and daughters.

3.) I think he cares a lot about education, even if he's not sure what to do about it. ;)

4.) He seems to like kids.

5.) He hangs out with Colin Powell, who I think is all right.

Basstrap said:
It irks me that you and manyother americans think we should all care about your political leaders and movers when I doubt you could name 2, 3 or maybe even any canadian prime ministers.

Jean Chretien
Brian Mulroney

Uh, that's all I can remember.

Basstrap said:

I agree about talking about your own governments.

And I really could care less if you or any other non-American would rather not care about my political leaders.

But I don't understand why so many of you all (maybe not you personally Basstrap) will be the first in line to take swings at Bush when the topic comes up, given you have your own government to contend with.

To my earlier post, I did not mean it to be angry or resentful. I wanted to clarify this in case anyone takes it the wrong way;)

And Diamond, I gave them to you but you will need more help I suppose.

z edge said:

But I don't understand why so many of you all (maybe not you personally Basstrap) will be the first in line to take swings at Bush when the topic comes up, given you have your own government to contend with.

because its in my face every day! its hard to ignore it and I'm opt saying we should.

I just find it a little tiresome that we are educated so much in US culture and US history and the US in turn pretty much ignore everyone else

that GENERALIZING a lot I know

Ok, we thought of some:

1. He never looks like a slob. He dresses neatly and has good taste in clothing.

2. He makes late night TV funnier.

3. That's My Bush is a funnier show than That's My Gore probably would have been.

4. He stays out of the way so the folks who really run the country can do their jobs.

5. He looks worried when bad things happen.

It took three of us to come up with these things.

Basstrap said:

because its in my face every day! its hard to ignore it and I'm opt saying we should.

I just find it a little tiresome that we are educated so much in US culture and US history and the US in turn pretty much ignore everyone else

that GENERALIZING a lot I know

Yes it is generalizing .

Can you imagine another country as diverse as America? With as many different nationalities that we open our doors to do you really think we ignore other cultures?

Basstrap said:

1) Jean Chr?tien
2) Kim Campbell
3) Brian Mulroney
4) Pierre Trudeau
5) John MacDonald

*sluuuurp*

Melon

Thank you Pax and Martha.
Mr Z-
Im sorry plez list 5 things about Presidsent Clinton here:angry:
1:arrow:
2:arrow:
3:arrow:
4:arrow:
5:arrow:

thank you-
:arrow: db9:dance:

melon said:

1) Jean Chr?tien
2) Kim Campbell
3) Brian Mulroney
4) Pierre Trudeau
5) John MacDonald

*sluuuurp*

Melon
Mr Melon Esquire-
And YOUR 5 PRO Bush statements would be please?

DB9:dance:

Here I attempt:

1) Bush gives inspiration that *anyone* can be president, no matter what kind of mental handicap.
2) He proves that he can wage an effective propaganda war domestically, whereas people will willingly throw away their rights for any semblance of security.
3) He proves how easy it is to court the Christian Right just by having the title "Republican" next to your party affiliation, despite the fact that he outright ignores most of their pleas.
4) He knows how to simultaneously wage war on old political enemies while doing bipartisan business, as when he busted the labor union in the creation of the Homeland Security department for "security purposes."
5) He makes me feel very intelligent every time he opens his mouth.

Melon

[QUOTE[
Can you imagine another country as diverse as America? With as many different nationalities that we open our doors to do you really think we ignore other cultures? [/QUOTE]

Canada.

I will guarentee you that there is not other country in the world so ethnically diverse then Canada. The US would probably be very close to Canada but i've been to both counties and can see the differences. I'm not talking about big cities only, small farm comunties are very multicultural. Canada is not a melting pot, as the US is. Canadians are very open to what each persons culture is. If you ever ask a Canadian 'what they are' i'd say 75% of them would say Irish or German or Chinese.

In America they expect everyone to become AMERICAN. When you become a American citizen you loss a piece of your old way of life. Here in Canada I think we embrace it alot more. Hey we are bi-lingual are'nt we?

OK. I thought of one nice thing to say about Bush. He seems like a warmer, friendlier person than his father. Of course that's not saying much.

Bono's shades said:
OK. I thought of one nice thing to say about Bush. He seems like a warmer, friendlier person than his father. Of course that's not saying much.
Now thats a start:):dance:
DB9

Melon,
I should have expected you to start up the misbehavior once Achtung Bubba left.

Typical.

Bonoman Or whomever;
I think you are missing the point. However, if you ever go into a public place in AMERICA, you will see the signs in every language. We do expect everyone to be American to an extent. If they don't like it, then they can Freaking LEAVE!!!

And we bend over backwards to accomodate folks from every nationality. You cannot call a big corporation in America without being asked by the tele-prompt if you would like to speak to an English or Spanish person before you ever talk to them. That is just one example, there are many.

Diamond;
A year ago I would have humored your ridiculous request in this thread. You should have expected to get this type of response here from all of the Bush-haters.

I would expect no less from Melon though. Melon professes to hating Bush no matter what he will do. Melon does not care he is going to hate him anyway.

You want to know how I feel about Clinton?

:arrow:He is on the radio telling folks how he never blamed Bush #41 for the deaths of U.S. serviceman in Somalia. Yet his tone and the demeanor in which he stated this were clear that he was blaming George H. W. Bush, who sent the troops there in december before Clinton took office. Hmmmmm, perhaps if Mr. Clinton would have permitted the use of APC's(armored Personnel carriers) then those men would have gotten out of there alive. Instead, he denied the use of the APC's and we lost 18 of our boys.

:arrow:Clinton-Gore now seem to have had a contingency plan for Al-Queda prior to the end of Clinton's term and Gore's loss to Bush. However, they did not go after Al Queda because they didn't want to seem as though they were trying to influence / promote the Gore campaign with war. Hmmm, so the lives of 3000 Americans were less important than the Gore campaign?

:arrow:Mr. Clinton claimed to have the best economy and unemployment rates in comparison to 12 years of Reagan-Bush. Yet the economy as we know it know was sinking like the Titanic before we knew who would win the Bush-McCain primaries. Notice how many of our young college graduates were making $7.00 per hour (about the same as unemployment pays out) under the Clinton administration.

:arrow:Clinton had Osama Bin Laden's head on a platter, offered to him by Sudan:

His response?

The man who is behind the following:
*1993 World Trade Center bombing
*1993 attempted assasination of President George H. W. Bush
*1996 Bombing of barracks at Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia
*1998 U.S. Embasy Bombing
*2000 U.S.S. Cole Bombing
*2001 September 11

His response? :arrow: Monica Lewinsky

:arrow:During the Clinton legacy, we have images of 8 years of leading by example in deceit, fraud, free terrorism, adultery, not to mention a society run rampant in the increase in; gang violence, murder, increase drug trafficking, school shooting rampages, and pardoning all of our criminal relatives, friends, and contributors.

You know, this was supposed to be a *nice* thread, where we say *nice* things about people. :grumpy:

I'm not speaking to anyone, or any party affiliation, in particular here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom