In My Secret Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Just curious to know what you people do when you get sad. Is there a place where you go to relax and try and regroup?

This came to my mind because yesterday I was pretty sad which, to be honest, is a regular thing(my self-confidence has really dwindled) and I went to the top of Single Hill, a hill here in St.John's which has a hiking trail. At the top the wind is refreshing and cool and you can just sit on a rock and see over the ocean for as far as the eye can possibly see! It's beautiful.

Its moments like that that make me glad to be living in Newfoundland where there are only 500,000 people on the whole island(which is bigger than the state of newyork!)

Anyway, its all about nature. Thats my escape.

sounds like a beautiful place to reflect. when i get down i usually run. running always seems to clear my mind and allows me to re-charge my batteries.

Sometimes if my car permits (it's starting to fall apart these days) I just go for a drive with no real destination. Put on some U2 and sing along. It helps clear my mind usually.

Occasionally I will head over to the St. Paul Cathedral (it's really quite beautiful and awe-inspiring) and just walk around looking at the stained glass and the frescoes. Sometimes stop and pray or meditate for a few minutes...take time just to be still.

when i used be back home, i would go for a late-night drive on the coast, and eventually stop and stay there for a while, sometimes till the sun rises on the water. no that i am here, i really have no escape except taking long walks. it sucks.

For me, I usually just throw on whatever music suits my mood and lie down if I can. Most of the time I dont feel like talking about it... bt when I do, I call one of my friends or my boyfriend and make them listen to me. :D

i lie in bed, sometimes i sleep. othertimes i ilsten to a few songs that make me feel better(i.e. stuck in a moment, everybody hurts-rem). i just need to be alone, and if i'm really down, i need to cry(i know that sounds really girly and whatnot, but it really really helps).

when i get really upset i leave. i remove myself from the situation before i say something i will most likely regret.

actually not too long ago (when i was still in high school) i had to get out. so i did and i for no particular reason took a right out of school toward the highway and the church. on the church billboard thingy it said: "God loves you." :)

The place Basstrap is talking about is actually called "Signal Hill", and it's named that because it's the spot where the first wireless transatlantic message was received.

I do think it's hilarious, though, that Basstrap called it "Single Hill."

Me and two friends used to always go to a small dock by a small pond to sit and reflect. We called it North and South of the River... cause it was, in some respects... but I'm not going to get into the geography. :)

Since I left graduated from college three years ago, I haven't found a good place.

Anywhoo ... when I was in college, there was a chapel, the St. Joan of Arc chapel on campus. The area around the chapel has a small stone wall ... there is a fountain and flowers ... it is so peaceful and quiet (even though you're in the middle of a big city).

springstjoan600.jpg

enjoypspring600.jpg

Jessica that is a gorgeous chapel. When I was in college I would go for walks too (at night, alone) basically I need to be alone when I'm upset and just to cry if it's that bad and sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I can't take it. A lot of times I write with my friend- lose myself.

I do think it's hilarious, though, that Basstrap called it "Single Hill."

Now after giving that a second look I too can see how that mis-spelling is a funny one.

*bashes self on head with lamp*:drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom