IMF bails out Brazil - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Thanks for posting that follower.

It seems that the IMF is continuing it's loans of billions of dollars to countries that have the potential to pay it back.

I'm thought about this for the past couple of weeks, and I've come to terms that the IMF is there to give out loans to countries in financial trouble. I can accept that, only because I realize I cannot change it.

But what really troubles me in relation to loans given out by the IMF is that the IMF is CAPABLE of getting things done.

Meanwhile, Africa is lost somewhere.... STILL.

Old 08-27-2002, 02:53 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 03:28 AM
I understand your point oktobergirl, I┤m concerned about Africa like you are. But as rafmed firstly stated, IMF doesn┤t really care about that, neither if what they demand from countries like mine are fair or good for its people. The article from NY Times is accurate, in my opinion, that┤s why I posted it. I live here, so I supposedly know. Plus I work with finances and loans for companies in general, and small companies in particular, the ones that create jobs. Many of them have been struggling to get their goods exported these past few months because our credit lines have diminished. All I can say is that money is getting more and more scarce and people are loosing their jobs, a situation that really concerns me. When a citizen loose his/her job he/she looses also dignity, as if he/she weren┤t a citizen anymore.

Old 08-27-2002, 03:21 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by follower
I understand your point oktobergirl, I┤m concerned about Africa like you are. But as rafmed firstly stated, IMF doesn┤t really care about that, neither if what they demand from countries like mine are fair or good for its people. The article from NY Times is accurate, in my opinion, that┤s why I posted it. I live here, so I supposedly know. Plus I work with finances and loans for companies in general, and small companies in particular, the ones that create jobs. Many of them have been struggling to get their goods exported these past few months because our credit lines have diminished. All I can say is that money is getting more and more scarce and people are loosing their jobs, a situation that really concerns me. When a citizen loose his/her job he/she looses also dignity, as if he/she weren┤t a citizen anymore.

Horrors! That's bad news. People are having a tough time all over. Even the U.S. economy is looking less than rosy.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:44 PM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 10:28 PM
I am sure Brazil can use these loans. I am not ANTI Brazil, or anti loan necessarily.

I just think the IMF picks and chooses who they loan to. That is what bugs me about them.

I'm more bitching about the IMF than anything else.

I wish Brazil good luck in the future!
Old 08-27-2002, 05:49 PM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 03:28 AM
I got your message perfectly oktobergirl, thanks.