I'm sick of the same old topics, so I'm posting a new one. The theme is New Jersey..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
homehead2001a_02.gif

stevens7.jpg

winnersjan.jpg

[This message has been edited by A|catura (edited 02-21-2002).]

[This message has been edited by A|catura (edited 02-21-2002).]

Where do I begin?

I spent 17 formative years in NJ, about eight miles outside of New York City. It is best to reflect on NJ by leaving.

I have grown to dislike NJ more and more every year, but at the same time, I still have a place in my heart for the state.

Beefs: It is soooo close to the cultural and financial capital of the world - yet, so many people don't take advantage of it.

I have three step sisters who still live in the area. Like many people in Norhtern NJ, they rarely get over to the city. They are almost afraid of it. I came home for a Christms vacation and had to take their children over to the city ot osee the tree and other holiday sights because I knew the city better than they do - and I live 1000 miles away.

NJ (Norhtern) people have this tough NY bravada, yet they won't go near NY. Now, I know this is not everyone, so don't flame me. It's my opinion. I really don't like the attitude I see in NJ. One-upmanship should not be a way of life. RELAX. Enjoy life a bit. Be kind to someone some day - you be suprised how good that will make you feel, maybe better than how it feels to cut someone in line or throw an insult at someone. More later, probably.

CK, you have touched a nerve here.

Bon Jovi's monstrous follow-up to 1986's Slippery When Wet.

------------------
Real Saturday Morning Conversation
(a play in one act.)

Spiral: (to wife) What are you watching?

Spiral's Wife: Digimon.

THE END

why do you torture me like this? After Sept. 11, our offices were temporarily moved to Princeton, NJ-- two hours away from my apt. in Brooklyn. And I am quite negative about it. But for Lent, I'm trying really hard not to complain about NJ. So the day after Easter I'm reviving this thread. I can't believe this thread was created at a time when I'm trying to be on my best behavior.

My mom is from New Jersey. I have many fond childhood memories of going to New Jersey (we live in Texas) to visit my grandfather.

oh New Jersey
biggrin.gif

there is so much I could say but all I will actually say is that for all my complaining, and for all the downsides to living in my dear NJ, this place is home, always will be, and I love it.

oh yeah, and the Devils suck
tongue.gif

Wanderer, I liked your sig a few days ago. you move or something?

CK, do you live here?
eek.gif

*is contemplating moving
biggrin.gif

I read this on a shirt once: "New Jersey - where the weak are killed and eaten."

I love New Jersey. My family nuclear and extended have quite a tradition there. Every summer we take a week or two in Ocean City, since before I was born. I could talk forever about how great Ocean City is. Ocean City is my home away from home. Never been to the Maryland OC, but I know the NJ one rules!
smile.gif

I have heard of people from all over the country who have summered in Ocean City. I liked Ocean City the few times I got there (as well as the one in Maryland).

But, you don't get to see the Seedy (Spelling) side of NJ in Ocean City. Now, if you were to vaction in Seaside Heights (read: Sleaside Heights) where all the NJ people vacation, that would be a dif. story. I don't think people would come back.

Sorry, I just have a horrible dislike for NJ.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
I liked Ocean City the few times I got there (as well as the one in Maryland).

i'm going to the one in maryland this summer.
biggrin.gif

never been to jersey though
frown.gif

------------------
why i see your face moving in the aerospace, white light shining you're all alone...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Originally posted by zonelistener:

But, you don't get to see the Seedy (Spelling) side of NJ in Ocean City. Now, if you were to vaction in Seaside Heights (read: Sleaside Heights) where all the NJ people vacation, that would be a dif. story. I don't think people would come back.

NJers don't vacation in Seaside. All those people you see there are the gumbas from Staten Island and brooklyn.

CK...an Irish kid in a sea of Italians

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 02-22-2002).]

I just wanted to clarify that while I no longer live in NJ, I grew up there and I like NJ, I may eventually move back to NJ

sharky, what's wrong with Princeton? are you turned off by the reality that it's clean and has no crime? you really have to hate those things I guess... ?

New Jersey...one of the few states East of the Mississippi River that I HAVEN'T visited. So far, nothing I've read is inducing me to change that fact.
tongue.gif

That's coolo Zone. I can understand that.

And yeah April, that was New Jersey
smile.gif
hehehe.

I'm surprised and pleased that so many people have heard of the Jersey OC!!

See, I can rip NJ, but it makes me mad when others who have only driven the Turnpike or flew into Newark rip it, it pisses me off. Yes, I am a freak!

Like Ocean City, NJ has some real positive qualities. Another example is Northwestern NJ - near the Delaware Water gap. It pretty out there. It's because of those areas that it is allowed to keep the moniker "the Garden State."

Basking Ridge, if not screwed up by the having AT&T headquartered there, would be a nice area.

Anyway - I will stop with my negativity.

Wildwood, NJ. Best vacation spot of all time.
smile.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
sharky, what's wrong with Princeton? are you turned off by the reality that it's clean and has no crime? you really have to hate those things I guess... ?

there is nothing wrong with Princeton in and of itself. but my office was temporarily relocated there after Sept. 11 and we haven't left and my apartment, my friends, my life is two hours away from Princeton which has become a bit depressing at times. and waking up at 5:30 to get on a subway that takes me to a van that drives for an hour and a half to NJ is not that inviting.

One time I flew into Newark Airport (on my way to NYC of course). I thought it was the armpit of the universe. A few years later that title was revoked and given to Detroit.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Back
Top Bottom